Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time!

I filled a keg with the latest batch of my Mosaic Amber Ale a little earlier today. I've fast carbed it up & have it on serving pressure now. I have a shift at work this evening & am looking forward to pouring a couple when I get home. ?

I almost feel like taking the day off. ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Almost there. Collar on the keezer.... couldn't find my pliers for the clamps....

I've been terribly lazy since I bought the chest freezer to house my kegs that I haven't ever bothered to make the collar yet. A simple collar would allow me to fit an extra keg into the keezer.

That is the plan but somehow consumption always derails the plan. There is a love/hate relationship with consumption.

I have the same issue as Hairy mentioned in another thread. ?

Good luck with yours Ben. Post a pic once you're finished mate. There hasn't been one posted for those interested in the keezer route for quite a while.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Two kegs in the kegerator again, one being a German lager that I kegged last Wednesday which is just doing some further lagering in the  back while carbonating at serving pressure. The other is the Waimea pale ale which is drinking really nicely. I picked up a couple of Sunday shifts last weekend and this one coming which is helping curb consumption a little bit ?

13 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Two kegs in the kegerator again, one being a German lager that I kegged last Wednesday which is just doing some further lagering in the  back while carbonating at serving pressure. The other is the Waimea pale ale which is drinking really nicely. I picked up a couple of Sunday shifts last weekend and this one coming which is helping curb consumption a little bit ?

Maybe Hairy needs to pick up a few Sunday shifts as well. ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

Good stuff Ben! Ben's "Taps of Fury" Keezer is born! ?

A nice stain colour with a few clear coats of lacquer & it would look terrific.

Very envious. Enough so that I might get of my backside this spring/summer & finally make up the collar for mine.

Well done mate! ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

7 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

I think I can fit a couple of small kegs on the compressor hump too. Might do that for some sour, strong, weird shit.

You can make the collar as wide as you like. It's purpose isn't just about holding the tap facings. If you make it wide enough the added height will allow you to place either an extra keg on the compressor hump, or the C02 tank. Either way it usually allows for 1 more keg to slide in there than you could without the collar. ?

In my case adding the collar is so I can fit an extra keg inside the keezer, not necessarily so I can add external taps.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Just a word of warning to anyone using chalkboard paint and chalk paint markers, you need to clear coat or seal the blackboard paint or that stuff wont come off. Use regular chalk or you will have to repaint over where you wrote. Guess how I learned that, wasn't google!

@Ben 10

Nice setup Ben!

• 3 weeks later...

This thread helped a lot. Awaiting the shanks I forgot to order but have 6 kegs now. Having a few clamping issues too but that is due to clamp size nothing more really.

Oh, and the 40 psi for a day then serving pressure tip works a treat. Thanks all for posting in this thread.

I kegged my schwarzbier a couple of days ago and I just realised that I didn’t use kettle finings and I didn’t use gelatine. The cold crash and lagering should make it clear-ish anyway. 

What an idiot...........I really need to start writing things down in preparation for a brew day. 

Beer Baron

Archived