Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What are you drinking

Scottie

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Simon

Given your grand review and the appearance of that wicked label, I reckon I'll keep my eye out. However I don't reckon I'll get a carton though as you would defiantly abstaining from something if you drank too many of these bad boys.

Bleeding Heart IPA - Big, malty and strong. More bitter than your Auntie who never had children. Awesome fruit on the nose and in the middle. Great head to the end. Love it.

Flight of the Concords Pale Ale - Falconer's Flight hopped pale, lovely colour and clarity. Slightly cloying maltiness but the beer is young. Nicely bitter on the mid palate.

Yummy!

BTW - these are both homebrews.

Hey Tennyson

Home brews they may be' date=' but you punch out enough beer to be a micro brewery.

I wouldn't mind trying a recipe of yours but I'm not sure I'm ready for more bitter than your Auntie whose never had children.[/quote']

Well i'd gladly give the Bleeding Heart IPA a try!

Hehe

N if i don't like it i'll drink a bottle of Abstinence Belgium Dubbel Chocolate Ale to sweeten up me tongue!

Going to stop at Dan Murphys after work tomorrow and grad a carton of these babies!

Philby

Just cracked open a bottle of the Abstinence Belgium Dubbel Chocolate Ales.

Smells strongish! Good start.

Can definately taste a caramel as it hits my tongue!

Tastes rather strong also but i suppose it should at 7.4% alc.

Definately has some of the Belgium Dubbel/Trippel taste of a few different Abbey beers i have tried.

Can sorta taste a little chocolate but the caramel smell and taste takes over in my opinion!

Not a bad drop.

At $4.49 a bottle maybe a carton is a pretty good buy i think.

Tempted to buy a few cartons just so i can make a whole batch of some sort of Belgium Ale and put them all in the same bottles with the same wicked labels!

All up i reckon these would go down bloody well once the weather cools down a bit!

True it is strong on the caramel flavour' date=' I'm not sure that they needed to add too much of the "special" flavours, as the label states they added Ghanaian Chocolate, this could be backed off a little. All in all at the price per bottle not a bad buy, and yes the label is interesting. It may age nicely, Belgian strong apparently does.

Tonight I drank a Chinay Blue, whilst listening to Dr. Homebrew podcast, where two BJCP master judges went through the judging and tasting process of the beer. The episode was intended for the listener to taste along. I liked that and learned a lot doing parallel tasting myself. This podcast

I wouldn't mind trying a recipe of yours but I'm not sure I'm ready for more bitter than your Auntie whose never had children.

Thanks for the kind words Scottie. I'll have to drink one and take a picture during the day, but at 7% it is hardly an afternoon beer.

Scotties Golden Ale from the bottle (a couple that I prepared when I kegged). It's still a purler although not much head as I lightly (read under) primed these. Too bad I only brought two inside and I have to go and finish the lawns. Lusty and other IPA hop heads would say it is only moderate on the nose, but the Marris Otter is noticeable on the initial taste and then the Amarillo kicks in and it finishes with a refreshingly pleasant bitter kick. Around 4.6% the kegged version was 4.3%. There's a little floater in this second one but I'm damned if I'm tipping it out bandit

It isn't confined to the small island. I would have gone for pearler, but I really have no idea about most things.

Enjoying my Saison tonight. At 8% ABV it definitely isn't a session beer.

Nice Hairy' date=' I hope I'm at the level to brew saison before winter hits.

Tonight I'm drinking a mail delivery of Barley wine called Changing Tides., brewed in Australia by.............Sail and Anchor of all places!!!.

Only $5.90 a bottle!!! 11% 640ml.

Not too bad at all!. [/quote']

Brewed by Woolworths wink

They are clearing them out and I have eyed them off but I'm too soft for that kind of ABV.

I don't mind some of the limited release beers Sail and Anchor have brewed though.

Woolworths I know Hairy, hence the "of all places".

I personally don't mind that much that they sold out to woolworths. At the very least there are a few more macros to "have' to choose from if one finds themselves stuck on a holiday up the coast with a lone BWS that is out of Coopers sparkling.

Also I will give them credit for releasing an attempted barley wine. I can't think of any Australian craft breweries with reasonable market share to even release / attempt one.

Sail and Anchor is a brewery/brew pub in Fremantle WA. Karl Strauss is based in the US (San Diego).

The Karl Strauss beers I have tried have all been nice. The Red Trolley Ale was very drinkable but I really like the Pintail Ale and Tower 10 IPA.

"Make beer, not war"

Sail and Anchor is a brewery/brew pub in Fremantle WA. Karl Strauss is based in the US (San Diego).

The Karl Strauss beers I have tried have all been nice. The Red Trolley Ale was very drinkable but I really like the Pintail Ale and Tower 10 IPA.

"Make beer' date=' not war"[/quote']

This particular beer called The Bloke is a collaboration, it mentions 2014 on the neck so must be quite new. I like Tower 10 too, it's one of the first IPAs I took notice of.

• 2 weeks later...

Flight of the Conchords Pale Ale.

Falconer's Flight hopped Pale.

Lovely stuff. Fermented with my favourite US ale yeast, the Mangrove Jack's one.

Fabulous clean well attenuated yeast.

Strong beer too at 5.7%

Archived