Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What are you drinking

Scottie

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried my Xmas express brew tonight. Four weeks in the bottle and I've achieved my goal. This is drinking quite well and has proven to be a good combination.

22 litres

Coopers APA

1kg Marris Otter

15g Ella @ 8 mins

15g Styrian Goldings @ 5 mins

5 Ella Dry Hop

15g Styrian Golding Dry Hop

Wyeast 1968 rinsed and pitched from the trub.

Geepers, currently drinking:

SMURTOS Golden Ale

Hoegaarden Clone

TC Herritage Lager

Coopers Ginger Beer

But tonight I crack my 2013 Extra Strong Vintage Ale. Been in the bottles 6 weeks!!! Can you tell I'm excited??

- Brad

Having a pint of the Sunkissed Weiss at the mo'. I have it on tap for serving tomorrow, along with my usual "House Beer" (low alcohol version of American Amber Ale).

Plan to start off the 12 Beers of Christmas tomorrow with "Secret Santa", a Belgian Quadrupel from Denmark, I think ( most of the print is in another language, which looks like Danish)??

On the other hand, at 10.5% ABV, maybe I should end the day with it...

...On the other hand' date=' at 10.5% ABV, maybe I should end the day with it...[/quote']

Bah! Skip the Egg Nog (actually I think that's a Xmas Eve thing?? Ohh well!) & start the day off with your Belgian Quadrupel PB2! I bet you'll have a much more interesting day, & spend a larger quantity of it being "Merry". Hehe! :D

Christmas cheers,

Anthony.

What am I drinking atm?

A Saison Dupont Clone, a pleasant Cascade FWH APA, just starting to tickle a few Steam beers from the HTB section recipe using Cluster, & also my BEST beer to date, a Citra FWH'd Centennial/Amarillo hopped brew, that uses a mixture of Falconer's Flight, Cascade, Simcoe, Galaxy, Mt. Hood, Amarillo, & Centennial for the dry hop. Over the moon about this one! I'm thinking of re-brewing it & having it judged at some point.

In the next few weeks to a month, I have my Creamy Riwaka/Nelson Sauvin Fruit Salad Ale using a good whack of oats to sample, along with this heavily hopped Riwaka/Nelson Sauvin/Amarillo Cascadian Dark Ale/Black IPA that will probably be ready for some serious drinking in late January/to mid February.

Good times ahead. :)

Cheers,

Anthony.

Hey Soundawake

Sounds awesome' date=' I really enjoyed the one brew I did with Cascade and Citra. The hops are on my to do list and perhaps I should do a triple malt and triple hop myself

8wgo.jpg

Rye and Citra go together like peas and carrots. A marriage made in heaven. A case in point is the British brewery Moor's beer, called RYPA. Its bloody sensational. Filled with rye and Citra. If you can find it, get it. Or, I can post my recipe if you like and you can give it a crack.

Currently I'm drinking Sixpoint Brewery's Resin imperial IPA. Good lord. What a beer.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Guys

I couldn't wait. So I am drinking my Golden Ale. Now I have said many times before that I have brewed my best beer ever. Hairy sorted me out on that outlandish statement and therefore I am loathe to say it again. What I will say is that after more than two years and 60 odd brews I now have my got to Ale, my house beer if you like.

Last night I cracked "Beautiful One Day". A 4.4% Pale @ 33.8 IBUs.

Fermented with BRY-97 and predominantly hopped with Vic Secret. A healthy 40g dry hop with Vic Secret really sets this one off. Amazing melon and mango on the nose with a nice and understated melon flavour coming through. Stunning hop, lovely drop.

Finishing off my SNPA clone batch while the other half is making a start on the stout we brewed recently. Definitely gonna do the SNPA again, the stout may become an experiment of sorts on subsequent attempts. Either way both beers are tasting really good! I'm beginning to subscribe to Philbo's theory about not bothering to age them because even after two or three weeks they are kickin arse. Although the stout would probably benefit from a few months in the bottle, all the other ones we've done have been great fresh.

Currently drinking a mix of my Centennial/Amarillo/Citra APA, a Riwaka/Nelson Sauvin Fruit Salad Ale using the CCA yeast, & the recent RotM Steam beer using Cluster for the extra hop inclusion.

With a CPA/CSA hybrid type beer almost ready, a Sorachi Ace/Simcoe Pale Ale (experimental brew) fermented with that damn BRY-97 yeast (hopefully successful), & a few of "The Chad Eh?" Ales in the mix over the coming months....

...Happy times ahead. :)

Cheers,

Anthony.

Took a couple of my Saisons to a mates place last night. Improving all the time, Mega Swill mate reckons it was alright and after we drank all mine he got himself a XXXX Gold which he said now tasted like water.

1by4.png Sweet Victory

Tasting: A touch of spice and tart fruit, not overly bitter probably could have been touched up a bit.

Dark Cyde IPA.

3.5kg JW Pils

Can Coopers Wheat

0.25kg Caraaroma

0.1kg JW Choc

Saf-04 and BRY-97 because it stalled

10g Magnum @ 60

10g Magnum @ 30

20g Cascade, 20g Centennial, 10g Citra, 10g Galaxy @ 10

20g Cascade, 20g Centennial, 10g Citra, 10g Galaxy @ 5

25g Cascade, 10g Galaxy dry hop

Big, dark and malty. Brilliant nose, choc malt and fruit. Taste BITTER, clearing to roasted malt with hop on the back.

Wow.

IBU 58.5

ABV 6.20%

My First Pils, again it's a bit heavier than I'd like but at 5.1% it's probably true to style. It ismuchmore exciting than my two previous Lagers.

A simple partial mash

23 litres

TC Pilsner Kit

2kg Joe White Pilsner Malt

25g Saaz @ 10 mins

Steve L's EB Porter lovelove

It is quite possible that people get sick of me talking this one up but hey its so good smile

This is the second last bottle of my original batch from April 2012 sad. Time has not wearied this brew, there is no kit twang (as I have experienced with other aged brews > 12 months). I don't believe that I will brew this again crying as I will set out to emulate it using a Partial recipe surprised.

Archived