Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What are you drinking

Scottie

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the last legs of the Ella Blonde (3%ABV), such an easy drinking ale I decide to make a 5% Pale Ale version to be bottled sometime this week.

To make the Ella Blonde last I've been cracking the Hallertau Belgian Ale. I don't love it but there are some nice aspects to it. I don't think I like the yeast. I tasted a local craft brewers saison today and it had a very similar flavour to all the Belgian ales I've made, and the saisons too. Will have to try different brand yeasts.

Has anyone tried the Cage Roads Abstinence - Belgian Dubbel Chocolate Ale? Doesn't work for me. Seems to be completely unbalanced. I'm finishing that longneck as I type.

Has anyone tried the Cage Roads Abstinence - Belgian Dubbel Chocolate Ale? Doesn't work for me. Seems to be completely unbalanced. I'm finishing that longneck as I type.

I had a couple during last winter and didn't mind it. That beer came out a fair while ago so perhaps it hadn't aged well.

I picked up a bottle today but then put it back down and got a big bottle of Chimay. Does that rhyme?

Scottie you are confusing me with your weekly name changes.

Please stop.

Happy?

Anyhow as for this Munton's Yorkshire bitter' date=' even with the added MO you can still tell its a homebrew - it has a twang (Plastic?)

Cheers

Scottie

[i']Valley Brew[/i]

Anyhow as for this Munton's Yorkshire bitter' date=' even with the added MO you can still tell its a homebrew - it has a twang (Plastic?)

Cheers

Scottie

[i']Valley Brew[/i]

How do you describe further a twang? I heard twang thrown around before but I don't follow...

Please stop.

Happy?

Cheers

Scottie

[i']Valley Brew[/i]

TWANG = (Plastic?)????

Do you mean like tweng, twing, twong or twung?

Could it be ding, dong, dang or dung?

Or perhaps flang, fleng, or flong?

Or maybe xwang, xweng, xwing, xwong or xwung?

Or was it really like phart, phert, phirt, phort or phurt?

Please stop.

Happy?

Cheers

Scottie

[i']Valley Brew[/i]

TWANG = (Plastic?)????

Do you mean like tweng, twing, twong or twung?

Could it be ding, dong, dang or dung?

Or perhaps flang, fleng, or flong?

Or maybe xwang, xweng, xwing, xwong or xwung?

Or was it really like phart, phert, phirt, phort or phurt?

Hey John

I'm missing your point

I'm drinking an OS Real ale K&B with some crystal malt and some Cascade hop addition for flavour and some whole cone Cascade and Centennial from the backyard as late hop adds.

This is a very drinkable brew and would be happy to pour this one for any beer drinker with taste.cool

NO TWANG!

In a simple word' date='

TWANG = OFF[/quote']

No John

Its not off, you can drink beer with Twang but you can't drink beer that is off. Ramjet is really close with his definition. Here is my tasting:

Smells like beer, no hop aroma, but nice and malty on the nose.

Tastes like beer, nice level of bitterness and nutty on the palate.

But it's the finish, it doesn't fit with the sampling so far, its undesirable, like its part of a different beer its a twang. Then if I burp its different again - not plastic but plastic like.

Any way I'm now untapping this one and putting it back into the conditioning fridge. Like I said you can drink it but life's too short for anything other than excellent beer.

Archived