Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What are you drinking

Scottie

I just bottled a Coopers Draught, had 1.5 kg Briess Golden Light, 220g LDM, 20g PoR hops 10 minutes & 10g of Vic Secret when off the heat. OG 1047 FG 1011, lovely aroma & good bitter taste.

Well had to have a beer, drinking a Coopers IPA, 1kg LDM & 500g Dex, was my 3rd brew, 5 weeks in the bottle, best yet by far. quite happy now. smile

cheers.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smile OK, I'm a happy little Vegemite, maybe not so little hehehe, just tried my first tester (stubbie) of EBB, Coppers English Bitter 1.7kg, Briess Golden Light Extract 1.5kg, 23 litre in the FV and 20g Vic Secret dry hopped, for 5 or 6 days after the krausen died down, 11 days in the bottle.

I like the aroma very much, great taste, nice bitterness on the back of the mouth and loving it. this will get better? I live in hope.

Oh, my taste buds like Vic Secret and so does my nose. biggrin

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my last bottle of my Smoked IPA sad

It is always a sad occasion when you finish a great batch of beer.

But I found Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Hop Harvest Ale for $7 a bottle at Woolworths Liquor. It relieves some of the pain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a few of "The Pale Ales" at the Australian Brewery while watching the Wests Tigers beat Parra.

The beer was as "almost" as enjoyable as the win.

Followed by a couple celebratory TC IPA's with Centennial and Willamette hops.

What a lovely creamy head and flavour it is. Probably the best heead on any of my home brews to date.

The TC IPA is a lovely base and I will be experimenting with this more.

My tatse buds have recently taught me I like pale ales and bitterness in a beer.

Happy Days.

Go the Tigers!

G'day, just want to report my sacrilege, i live in Queensland and it is under 20°C , 19.8° to be precise, sampling the 10 year old Bourbon my daughter brought back the USofA in January, much better sippin' weather today, oh RDWHAHB will happen after lunch, pumpkin soup I recon? must be my thin blood, under 20°C ain't cold but it feels like it to me.....lollol

Cheers. wink

Cyclone Ale.

APA brewed with 2nd gen Mangrove Jack's Belgian Ale.

Slighlty confused beer' date=' hops fighting with yeast but will be something i will do again.

I like it.[/quote']

I find that citrusy hoppy beers with Belgian yeast just don't work for me. Too many competing flavours and just a mess.

I tried a Hopdog Belgo Rye IPA last week and found exactly that. I usually like their beers but this one didn't work for me. I still drank it though biggrin

AG, choc oatmeal stout.

Brewed with Philbo,

and dam... its tasting good...

BeerLust/Anthony, you still got one set aside?

im finding the gas is a bit low/head retention almost non existent now. but its thickening up and tasting delightful!

Phil, ill bring a couple out next time we brew!

apart from this brew.. ive also had my amarillo hopped pale ale and a nicely hopped citra/centenial IPA.

Leffe Brune clone which is a few days off it's 1st birthday - 1 month in the bottle.

Slighlty over carbed, I should have let it warm up at the end of fermentation.

Initial taste is some nice strong bitterness, clearing to chocolate then finishing bitter. Good stuff, nice bit of alcohol warmth too.

I have 496g of citra incoming...

Hey Ben

I have a brew down at the moment with Citra at 15 and flameout. Been a while since I used this hop' date=' a LCPA clone attempt and TonyW's Morning Town Pale Ale.

Do you dry hop this one and if so how long for, I have heard bad stories on here about dry hopping Citra.

Brewing Regards

[i']Scottie[/i]

WoW Just WOOOOW

After two average but drinkable kit and bits brews and one great freash wort AIPA kit brew I've finally hit a home run on my 4th brew with an coopers Australian bitter.

I decided to keep it simple

Coopers Australian bitter Can

200 grams of light crystal steeped for 15 at 68 degrees C

20 grams of POR @10 minutes

1kg of LDME

topped up to 23l with bottled water

11 grams US05 pitched at 24 and fermented at 22

cold conditioned for 10 days

kegged and primed with 120grams of dex

aged around 6 weeks

After finishing my saison I tapped this one last night and it is delicious without a doubt my best can brew yet which I've been struggling to master.

Its your typical Aussie bitter but with a fresher malt and hop flavour , a hint of floral and raison. Its crisp and clear without the use of filtering and/or finings. I might be a little boring for the hop heads but I'm just chuffed I've produced something that doesn't taste like home brew.

and no TWANG!

is 9:30 too early to take another sample?

Archived