Coopers Community

What is it, IPA season?

Got a porter fermenting (hopefully), I checked the SG on day 7 and it was still 1020, I used 2 packets of S-04 mainly just to get rid of them. Warmed it up after that so will take a reading tomorrow (day 13) and see if it's come down anymore. Also planning to brew a stout on Thursday and cube that for fermentation later on.

my pale ale looks a bit like an amber....

Yeah but that is try hard cool. It's like the geek makeover on Beauty and the Geek; they may wear (supposedly) cool clothes but they are still geeks [rightful]

I've got an AG oatmeal stout in the FV which I will probably bottle on Saturday. Got a bit more than I bargained for at 1.066, but I like 'em with booty. [innocent]

Really looking forward to this one. I used Windsor, so it's finished at 1.021 or something ridiculous, so I'm hoping for a real meal in a glass. [love]

EDIT: Then it's a Galaxy IPA that's waiting in the cube. [devil] [bandit]

So, this porter I referred to in an earlier post is STILL sitting on 1020 on day 13[pinched] I'm debating whether to go and pick up some yeast on my way back to work this arvo and throw it in tonight to see if it will drop any further. Good idea? It seems too high and I don't wanna bottle it if it hasn't finished yet.

Steeped Crystal for the first time last night....

call me a sad git, but it really was exciting!

Only been brewing since jan, hadn't used grain yet... my life has changed.

I have 3 empty FVs at the moment [pinched], after bottling 3 brews on Sunday.

I have ingredients at home for 2 light beers (one for SWMBO, one for a mate) which I haven't had time to put down yet. They may get pushed aside though as I have ingredients being delivered for a few more heavier beers this weekend. [innocent] ,,, one of which of course is an IPA....!!!

Top four threads are all IPA related [lol]

Hey KR, i noticed on monday the same thing and was gonna make a comment but you beat me to it. i do reckon its got something to do with the impending colder months. I have been brewing stout like its going out of fashion, cos even QLD can get a bit nippy in the evenings.

Currently i have brewing, a Toucan Stout at home and a coopers os stout at Nardi's place, Chads ginger beer and a dry lager with ship loads of cascade (dry hopped on day one)

I was thinking about a batch of Scotties Stella IPA, but might preserve my individuality for a little while[devil]

Archived