Coopers Community

The Coopers O.S. Lager Kit Challenge!

I wonder if I turn the fridge themostat to warm, what it will hold the temperature at?

I think I'll get stuff in the shed organised and sneak a brew in...

i was thin knig that same thing today.......might have to move my beer out and test out the fridge too

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... I swear some people have no concept of "relevance". [innocent]

Turn your fridge to whatever setting you see fit, hatch eggs on top of your FV, or a can of British paints if you believe the temperature will be accommodating. If you are looking for a good mid-Strength beer, look no further than Coopers Mild Ale, or Little Creatures 'Rogers' beer.

The current president of the United States of America is Barack Obama, the term, "Temperal Shift" is at this stage, only a theory & not fact, the Hubble 'Ultra Deep Field' shows over 10,000 galaxies in a mere 0.000024% of the sky, & bees do not sleep, but they can be found 'resting' in empty cells within the hive.

...and for more unrelated BS to a topic, use your local GooGle search. [annoyed]

Vote thread will be posted Monday evening.

Anthony.

Lusty, your name may be down as the topic starter but you do not own the thread [rightful]

(But then again I'm not an intellectual property lawyer)

Just chill mate; put your whip down and let things flow [biggrin]

Turn your fridge to whatever setting you see fit, hatch eggs on top of your FV, or a can of British paints if you believe the temperature will be accommodating. If you are looking for a good mid-Strength beer, look no further than Coopers Mild Ale, or Little Creatures 'Rogers' beer.

The current president of the United States of America is Barack Obama, the term, "Temperal Shift" is at this stage, only a theory & not fact, the Hubble 'Ultra Deep Field' shows over 10,000 galaxies in a mere 0.000024% of the sky, & bees do not sleep, but they can be found 'resting' in empty cells within the hive.

...and for more unrelated BS to a topic, use your local GooGle search. [annoyed]

Anthony.

Way to get stuck into someone before their 1st brew is even laid down. [roll]

Given that I was going to do a simple recipe with a couple minor changes to the lager kit, I guess it doesn't fit into this "concoct something complex to make the lager kit taste good" category.....

Somehow I mistakenly thought the motivation behind the recipe was relevant, silly me.

Dont worry Matthew this Anthony is all over the place one minute his quite helpful sharing some information he learnt 10 minutes ago. The next time you hear from him he turns into an ADHD patient and cant controll his rage. Is quite happy to be abusive and harsh but will suck on his lollypop if you do it to him [lol]

Anthony.

Sorry Mate, i enjoy your posts and think you add plenty to the content of the forum. But this doesn't do you any favours.

1 can OS Lager

1kg Brew Enhancer 1

Lager yeast (yet to be determined)

10g Cascasde Hops

Hey Matty, i would probably up the cascade a smidge, maybe 20gms, but other than that it sounds good.

The thread has never been about showing off our brewing prowess with complicated recipes, it is more about how a much maligned kit can be improved simply and cheaply. the addition of cascade will improve things enormously. [biggrin]

MatthewW14 & nedg,

If the slightly "gruff" tone in my previous post offended either of you in any way personally, then you have my apologies. With that though, I would say that if it did offend you terribly, maybe "toughen up" just a teeny weeny bit. [innocent]

Most of the rest of you guys know me pretty well by now, so really you shouldn't be too surprised.

And finally to little Jimmy Minimus after his successive swipes...

You wouldn't know an ADHD patient if one was putting a lollipop in your mouth! The day you ever contribute anything of note, or attempt to do anything of note on this forum, maybe I'll buy you one!

Anthony.

Slightly Gruff [lol] your the biggest joke it was more like a sook about your thread and the President and some Galaxy far far away [lol]

I beleive my lollypop comment upset you getting all defensive must have struck a nerve [alien]

MatthewW14 & nedg,

If the slightly "gruff" tone in my previous post offended either of you in any way personally, then you have my apologies. With that though, I would say that if it did offend you terribly, maybe "toughen up" just a teeny weeny bit. [innocent]

Most of the rest of you guys know me pretty well by now, so really you shouldn't be too surprised.

And finally to little Jimmy Minimus after his successive swipes...

You wouldn't know an ADHD patient if one was putting a lollipop in your mouth! The day you ever contribute anything of note, or attempt to do anything of note on this forum, maybe I'll buy you one!

Anthony.

no apologies needed...words are cheap...and please do not havbe yourself on that your "grufness" bothers me...you know me from a bar of soap...cheers Nedg

But if you somehow have the influence to have it added to the How to Brew section then a partial mash recipe is a bit complicated.

+1 this - Will never happen, Partials are an advances step to new brewers and can be confronting and scary (shouldnt be but often is)

This whole topic is somewhat of just a hypothetical pissing contest.

How about that local football team eh?

yaay they won..i love football

Lusty' date=' your name my be down as the topic starter but you do not own the thread [rightful']

(But then again I'm not an intellectual property lawyer)

Just chill mate; put your whip down and let things flow [biggrin]

Now that's Scary Hairy

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I read through the posts.

I must say at times Anthony, and normally after 10:30pm, you take on an AHB persona, that is stay on topic or I'll smack you down.

Paul is the moderator of the Cooper's forums and during the 16 months or so that I have been frequenting this site he does a great job. Posts are regularly moved to the correct forum, questionable posts are deleted and trolls are banished. However the strict on topic rules that apply at AHB to individual threads don't apply here, and nor should they. Just read the OP in the new to sticky, this is the Coopers family house...never in my life have I been admonished in a family house for going off topic, in fact it\u2019s perfectly natural in a family setting.

As for Matthew and Ned's posting they are hardly of topic, Forum Brewing Blether and they were both talking about brewing Post Coopers OS Lager Kit Challenge and strangely enough they were both discussing the temperature challenge when brewing this and any other kit.

+1 to Matthew for posting here and discussing his Coopers OS Lager kit Challenge[biggrin].

Yeah.. I gotta say, I do enjoy the majority of your posts Lusty, but this childish BS of cracking the sh*ts and having a whinge every time a thread goes off topic slightly is ridiculous. Who cares? It's meant to be a friendly place where we can all share a laugh and advice on brewing - it's not an army camp.

Scottie is absolutely right with what he says in his post. Lighten up a bit! [innocent]

bees do not sleep' date=' but they can be found 'resting' in empty cells within the hive[/quote']

Really? That must be tiring.

That's an awesome fact, I love it [biggrin]

Did you know that they cannot see the colour red?

What kind of bee makes milk?

Boobees!

I love bees[love]

• 3 weeks later...

AND THE WINNER OF THE COOPERS O.S. LAGER KIT CHALLENGE IS, AS VOTED BY HIS PEERS......

~*~*~*~*~*~ HAIRY & his GALAXY ALE recipe!! ~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~ CONGRATULATIONS HAIRY! ~*~*~*~*~*~

(Imagine a large bouquet of flowers & a 4.5 litre Magnum of Mumm being handed to you, & 2 very good looking young ladies standing either side of you!) [lol]

I believe a bow is in order Hairy? [biggrin]

Unfortunately "That Guy" was unable to sway our moderator to perhaps placing a version of your recipe in the "How To Brew" section of the forum. (Probably a little ambitious from "That Guy") [wink]

So all I can do is uphold the promise of "That Guy", & brew the recipe.

Thank you to all that got involved in the process. [cool]

Now a short word from our sponsors before we return you to your regular programming, where we left LordEoin & AdamH somewhere in the middle of creating Koolaid Cerveza with radioactive bees! [lol]

CC

So why'd you nuke your old account' date=' "Chuck Charles"?[/quote']

Thanks for asking Ruddager,

I had not originally planned to return to the forum as a contributor for sometime. I had planned on returning later in the year when the dust had settled. I just wanted a clean slate again, where some of the regretful things I have said & done would no longer be held against me. I'm generally a kind & decent bloke, but due to some of my indiscretions, & no matter how hard I tried to make up for them, some people just 'pigeon-hole' you, & that's where you remain in their eyes, no matter what good you do.

For the 10 or so days where I had the account name removed, I still visited the forum & continued reading the posts. It was after that short period I realised how much I missed the interaction with many of those on the forum (especially those that understood me & where I was coming from, whether I be wrong or right)

I always planned to disclose my former identity. I'd actually planned on giving a few cryptic clues if no-one caught on. There are a lot of smart cookies on the forum & it didn't take very long for quite a few of you to figure it out despite my feeble attempts at masking my identity through deliberately altering certain compilation styles & symbols in the way I posted. [lol]

'Beerlust' is dead, & many of his attitudes with him. Let him die.

CC

Hey!

Way to go, Hairy! Now that everything is said and done. I may give your recipe a go. The only thing you didn't explain in your method was how you were able to polish up that turd!?[biggrin] [innocent] [lol] [lol] [tongue]

Seriously, I think I may give it a go![cool][biggrin]

EDIT: I just re-read the recipe... I can't even get half the ingredients...So... Forget it...[crying]

I had not originally planned to return to the forum as a contributor for sometime. I had planned on returning later in the year when the dust had settled. I just wanted a clean slate again' date=' where some of the regretful things I have said & done would no longer be held against me. [/quote']

70420990.jpg

easy to say all that bollox now you have been outed.. honesty is the best policy and to add to the other faults, you cant even claim that now... not that Im a perfect specimen.. but I make no bones about it and nor am I FOS.

[ninja]

Archived