Coopers Community

AFL 2024 season

my  team  was the 1st ever team to win 2 games after round 1     where as richmond was the 1st team to ever  loose 2 games after rd 1 

great to see the pies get beat.     a mate of mine who is a collingwood supporter said   its going to be great friday night the unfurling of the premiership flag  and sydney wont have a chance to beat my pies at the MCG     he was very quite the next day at golf   and stated premiership hangover.

Go blues   carlton  have worked so hard the 1st 2 rounds  the blues   will be playing the bye  

On 3/17/2024 at 5:07 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

I am a Pies man and I am not talking about AFL ... yet?

Don’t worry mate I haven’t talked about AFL for about 5 years now but at least my team is consistent! (Eagles supporter 😂) I though they didn’t do too bad against Port compared to last year🥲

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Don’t worry mate I haven’t talked about AFL for about 5 years now but at least my team is consistent! (Eagles supporter 😂) I though they didn’t do too bad against Port compared to last year🥲

Oh great it’s now safe to come out of the football supporters closet - there’s another person broadcasting they’re an Eagles supporter 🦅 WOOHOO 🥳 

Wish I could have seen the same level of improvement @RDT2 😢 - what I saw was a lot of very experienced players who were displaying a total lack of determination and or desire to win the ball 😤

I think we’re in for another frustrating season me ‘ol mate. (Really hope I’m wrong) 😭

• Haha 2

If Essendon have another inconsistent season, in the words of Terry Wallace, "I'm gonna spew up!"

I can deal with not playing finals (again) but if we beat the top sides and falter to those around us in the bottom half again I'm joining the Devils.

• Like 2

Off to the game tomorrow at Adelaide oval  between Port and Melbourne in a corporate box with my son its gonna be a big no make that a HUGE day don't care who wins and if it wasn't for the free booze and food it would be like watching paint dry 🙂

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2024 at 1:38 AM, Malter White said:

If Essendon have another inconsistent season, in the words of Terry Wallace, "I'm gonna spew up!"

I can deal with not playing finals (again) but if we beat the top sides and falter to those around us in the bottom half again I'm joining the Devils.

No no no stick with us mate we will prevail 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Off to the game tomorrow at Adelaide oval  between Port and Melbourne in a corporate box with my son its gonna be a big no make that a HUGE day don't care who wins and if it wasn't for the free booze and food it would be like watching paint dry 🙂

Fantastic - wishin' you a crackin' day with ya son @Back Brewing - WOOHOO 🥳 🍺 🍺

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 9:53 PM, Back Brewing said:

Well it was a big night in the corporate box Saturday night food and booze was plentiful I had port power supporters either side of me in other boxes and as the game went on I got more vocal with 2 minutes to go I started singing the Melbourne club song 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Wow  turned the tv on in my ships cabin  couldnt believe i was able to watch afl footy  even though it was geelong and hawks

Awesome OD, but I thought you would be relaxing in the Lounge Bar, I do when I take my boat out. 🤣

cruise-ship.thumb.jpg.4a4c9e97281d2fa864d22b413b82587b.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Awesome OD, but I thought you would be relaxing in the Lounge Bar, I do when I take my boat out. 🤣

cruise-ship.thumb.jpg.4a4c9e97281d2fa864d22b413b82587b.jpg

mate   i have been relaxing  over some 4pines on the ship as well as other beverages .  they have your favourite beer VB  onboard but only seen 2 people drinking that 

i will head late to the blue room later tonight in the blue room  kistening to some tunes

my cabin next to me are partying hard but having fun

time to head of and have more fun  and have a nice tea in the waterfront hotel on the ship

• Like 3

On 3/18/2024 at 3:14 PM, ozdevil said:

my  team  was the 1st ever team to win 2 games after round 1     where as richmond was the 1st team to ever  loose 2 games after rd 1 

great to see the pies get beat.     a mate of mine who is a collingwood supporter said   its going to be great friday night the unfurling of the premiership flag  and sydney wont have a chance to beat my pies at the MCG     he was very quite the next day at golf   and stated premiership hangover.

Go blues   carlton  have worked so hard the 1st 2 rounds  the blues   will be playing the bye  

OD, I was wondering if you saw the match tonight,  I wasn't going to say anything that may upset you but I think Adelaide won. 😉

No intentional rudeness meant. 🏈

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OD, I was wondering if you saw the match tonight,  I wasn't going to say anything that may upset you but I think Adelaide won. 😉

No intentional rudeness meant. 🏈

Mate no you didnt see me at the match, i very rarely go to Marvel stadium ,  as i am most likely to get into a fight with a guy that sits next to me as i have reserved seats and my seat is inbetween  him and his family    and he expects me to take the raw end of the deal  and i get a worse seat  and he will not ever give up his seat.      the 1st thing he says to me  can i move  further down the row  which then blocks my my view, when i say no why dont we just change seats and ya sitting with ya family..  he says no every time but he is the one asking me to do them a favour   So now if i do go  , I sit in the legends lounge  where i have a great view  of either end drinking beer out of glass rather then plastic     but last night  wasnt at the game.

It was a good game between the crows and blues , i wasnt disappointed in the loss to my bluebaggers it was just a matter of time they was going to lose a close game 

takes a bit yo upset me classic  when it comes to footy  and i havent taken your post as rudeness either

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Mate no you didnt see me at the match, i very rarely go to Marvel stadium ,  as i am most likely to get into a fight with a guy that sits next to me as i have reserved seats and my seat is inbetween  him and his family    and he expects me to take the raw end of the deal  and i get a worse seat  and he will not ever give up his seat.      the 1st thing he says to me  can i move  further down the row  which then blocks my my view, when i say no why dont we just change seats and ya sitting with ya family..  he says no every time but he is the one asking me to do them a favour   So now if i do go  , I sit in the legends lounge  where i have a great view  of either end drinking beer out of glass rather then plastic     but last night  wasnt at the game.

It was a good game between the crows and blues , i wasnt disappointed in the loss to my bluebaggers it was just a matter of time they was going to lose a close game 

takes a bit yo upset me classic  when it comes to footy  and i havent taken your post as rudeness either

All good, I was at the Neighbour's with a group & they had it on, I noticed it was a close game but wasn't expecting the Crows to win given their current form.

As I have stated, I don't watch footy normally but, in the end, I suppose one team has to win eventually.

That guy sounds like a pr***ck.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

Righto fair weather footy fan here - and boy I’m I ready to talk about footy - WOO FRINGIN HOO 🥳

The Dockers had absolutely nothin to combat West Coast’s desperate desire to win the ball last night and some of their passages of play I thought were close to being as good as several of their young guns coming through.
Sure it’s early days, but finally, after two dismal years, some strong signs of a pulse back at the mighty Eagles 🦅 
I’m a little hoarse after shouting at the TV for the full game last night. It was just fantastic to watch the raw skill and power again of a fit Elliott Yeo - awe inspiring.!! And ruckman Bailey Williams relentless grunt and determination I thought was outstanding. 

Put in the book folks, Harley Reid is going to be an AFL Legend and West Coast Eagles last night shat all over the dismal Dockers WOOHOO💪💪 🥳 👏🙌🍺🍺🦅

IMG_3326.jpeg.c6fb2b961939f3db3b17325a3b964722.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Triple B Brewing I've become a fair weather supporter in recent years because my team, Essendon, have been so inconsistent. While it was good to see them win on Friday, I took more joy in the Crows losing rather than the Dons winning. I know I'm a sad unit but as someone following a Victorian team in SA, I'm fed up with the media here's focus on just one team. It's probably the same in WA, I'd imagine.