Coopers Community

AFL 2024 season

5 minutes ago, Malter White said:

@Triple B Brewing I've become a fair weather supporter in recent years because my team, Essendon, have been so inconsistent. While it was good to see them win on Friday, I took more joy in the Crows losing rather than the Dons winning. I know I'm a sad unit but as someone following a Victorian team in SA, I'm fed up with the media here's focus on just one team. It's probably the same in WA, I'd imagine.

HA ! you still manage to put a smile on my dial @Malter White even when your being more serios - HEE !😉😂

Well as an Eagles supporter I have always struggled with what I would call an unwarranted bias. It is amazing that a football side could be so hobbled by the system and still manage to win the Premiership 4 times in 38 years (1992, 1994, 2006 & 2018), no other side has to travel as far in any one season, and it is blatantly obvious that we are absolutely hated by all commentators of the game, getting little to no recognition of their efforts unless of course it is to rub our noses in a loss. 

So a two town team in WA, yep sure, and at the moment all the commentary is on the Dockers and "will this be the year they finally get some silver in their empty cabinet" (seriously, I'd like to support 'em but they are an absolute embarrassment. 29 years in the comp and nudda 🤦‍♂️). For me,  I'd like to see the Vic's get a grip and understand that they did not invent the game and understand that AFL stands for Australian Football League, its not the VFL and even up the playing field (EG; This season, the Pies will travel on just six occasions outside of Victoria - seriously - FFFFFFF 😤 ....). They also make sure there is little to no change of outta state teams becoming familiar with the MCG throughout the season (where the grandy is scheduled to be held until 2059 - one more time - SERIOUSLY !!)

Anywho, given all that and 4 premierships already under our belt - I say UCK 'em all and CARN THE EAGLES 😉 🦅

But that's just me ...

OneEyed.gif.a9596e3a6c4e46faa05cb32ef55a89a4.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

They actually did.

Hey @Pale Man, good ta hear from ya - trust ya doin' well

Now regarding who invented the game known today as Australian Rules Football. Yeah, yeah, I've heard that line before and so the Vic's would have you believe. But there is also a school of thought that suggests they only modified a game that evolved in Melbourne in the mid-19th century from an Aboriginal game known as Marn Grook and Gaelic football (played in Ireland). The Vic's hang their hat on this guy Thomas Wentworth Wills, who was a renowned cricketer and was one of seven members of the Melbourne Cricket Club who established a set of rules in May 1859. Great, all that proves to me is they have wanted to take control of the game since the very beginning - FFFFFF Again 😉 😤  
So did they really invent it, well who knows for sure ... - But personally, I just don't trust 'em Mexicans 😉 😂 🤣 😂

Hope ya gettin' an enjoyable cold one in ta ya, in between emptyin the ocean of humongous fish that is cobber 🍺 🍺 🍺 🍺

Well, tight lines, cold beers 'n on the edge of ya seat footy eh - Cheers ! 🍺 🍺

• Like 1

@Triple B Brewing have to agree with most of that mate the AFL is not alone in this. The NRL has similar issues and denied the west of a rugby team but then offered one to Papua New Guinea. The Storm are still treated like outsiders after 26 years. 

In regards to Freo I hope the flogs never get a flag, what a great game on the weekend. They have the second AFL team in state syndrome. Sounds a bit like Port Power 🤣

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg

2 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Triple B Brewing have to agree with most of that mate the AFL is not alone in this. The NRL has similar issues and denied the west of a rugby team but then offered one to Papua New Guinea. The Storm are still treated like outsiders after 26 years. 

In regards to Freo I hope the flogs never get a flag, what a great game on the weekend. They have the second AFL team in state syndrome. Sounds a bit like Port Power 🤣

WOOAAH @Uhtred Of Beddanburg - so I have to say that while I am a mad one eyed supporter of the West Coast Eagles, I do try my hardest to remain respectful of the supporters of the other teams in the league mate. (I don’t always get that right, but I do try 😉). 
The Power for example have an entirely different story. Unlike the Fremantle Dockers the Power were founded in 1870 and were the first team founded in SA, so I personally don’t think it’s fair to label them the second side in the state even though they were the second side to get an AFL license in SA, for me their history doesn’t match the intent of that type of narrative. 
But yep, as I understand it (which is very little to be honest) the NRL has its problems in this space and state.
Still as you say it was an absolute cracker of a game on the weekend between West Coast and the Dockers from a pounded WCE supporters view 😉

Cheers n cold beers UOB 🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

WOOAAH @Uhtred Of Beddanburg - so I have to say that while I am a mad one eyed supporter of the West Coast Eagles, I do try my hardest to remain respectful of the supporters of the other teams in the league mate. (I don’t always get that right, but I do try 😉). 
The Power for example have an entirely different story. Unlike the Fremantle Dockers the Power were founded in 1870 and were the first team founded in SA, so I personally don’t think it’s fair to label them the second side in the state even though they were the second side to get an AFL license in SA, for me their history doesn’t match the intent of that type of narrative. 
But yep, as I understand it (which is very little to be honest) the NRL has its problems in this space and state.
Still as you say it was an absolute cracker of a game on the weekend between West Coast and the Dockers from a pounded WCE supporters view 😉

Yeah I know the power have a long history but hey bloody wingers. Want to wear the old colours like Collingwood. Even thought they entered the AFL knowing was already a team with the colours.  Yeah and they are salty over the crows being in AFL first, all just facts.

And because I am very blunt and like a good stir I will say the port president is the ugliest creature to inhabit the planet. Would not even put him in the category of human.

I believe that the people who would have been offended by this already have me blocked. Also I have them blocked so all should be well as long as we view forum logged in.

Cheers and beers to you also and I hope one day the Eagles can get the balls to use the old song. Another example of the world getting too soft. Putting pressure on a club to change a song for anti Victorian lyrics. Another point to confirm you're comment about the way they run it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

I have despised PA all of my life, I don't follow football as I find it boring, but it was good to see their 7-goal flogging on the weekend.

If I ever get to see footy at a neighbours or somewhere it would only be a Crows match, but they look like they have sold the farm anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have despised PA all of my life, I don't follow football as I find it boring, but it was good to see their 7-goal flogging on the weekend.

If I ever get to see footy at a neighbours or somewhere it would only be a Crows match, but they look like they have sold the farm anyway.

Yeah, well I guess that's what makes the sport somewhat hey. I'm mean the Pies have embraced the fact that about 80% of all Australians hate them as a club 😂 maybe its that prison bar look.  😉 😂

So you might be right about the crows season this year. 1 out of 5 is not ever going to get you there in the last week in Sept that's for sure, but we are only 6 games into a 23 game season, so who knows where we will all end. They do have a better percentage than WCE who currently sit just above them at 14th on the ladder.

I gotta admit, I do love shoutin' at the TV like a dam fool  and seeing ya team achieve the ultimate goal and hold up that premiership cup in the last weekend in September is pretty dam special (for me anywaz)

I just love it when we get the opportunity to stick it to then bloody Vic's (and even better when it happens to be Collingwood - You'll hear me cry out at the top of my voice (something like) where's ya bloody smile now Eddie - We're the Eagles, we're flying high - HEEE !)

Winning.gif.a4e30844f8d4f558f8b09680de461bfd.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Yeah I know the power have a long history but hey bloody wingers. Want to wear the old colours like Collingwood. Even thought they entered the AFL knowing was already a team with the colours.  Yeah and they are salty over the crows being in AFL first, all just facts.

And because I am very blunt and like a good stir I will say the port president is the ugliest creature to inhabit the planet. Would not even put him in the category of human.

I believe that the people who would have been offended by this already have me blocked. Also I have them blocked so all should be well as long as we view forum logged in.

Cheers and beers to you also and I hope one day the Eagles can get the balls to use the old song. Another example of the world getting too soft. Putting pressure on a club to change a song for anti Victorian lyrics. Another point to confirm you're comment about the way they run it. 

Lol.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:46 PM, Triple B Brewing said:

Yeah, well I guess that's what makes the sport somewhat hey. I'm mean the Pies have embraced the fact that about 80% of all Australians hate them as a club 😂 maybe its that prison bar look.  😉 😂

So you might be right about the crows season this year. 1 out of 5 is not ever going to get you there in the last week in Sept that's for sure, but we are only 6 games into a 23 game season, so who knows where we will all end. They do have a better percentage than WCE who currently sit just above them at 14th on the ladder.

I gotta admit, I do love shoutin' at the TV like a dam fool  and seeing ya team achieve the ultimate goal and hold up that premiership cup in the last weekend in September is pretty dam special (for me anywaz)

I just love it when we get the opportunity to stick it to then bloody Vic's (and even better when it happens to be Collingwood - You'll hear me cry out at the top of my voice (something like) where's ya bloody smile now Eddie - We're the Eagles, we're flying high - HEEE !)

Winning.gif.a4e30844f8d4f558f8b09680de461bfd.gif

No Harley Reid this weekend young man needs a rest! I have been told the West Australian newspaper will have a blank back page as a result🤣

6 hours ago, RDT2 said:

No Harley Reid this weekend young man needs a rest! I have been told the West Australian newspaper will have a blank back page as a result🤣

Yep exactly - I haven’t yet seen the paper today, but apparently it reads;

“Intentionally left blank” 

Pretty creative I thought 🙃😉