Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thanks, mate, I will be OK, it is just something I didn't need as an old weightlifting injury left me with Acute Osteo Arthritis in the knee & falling down on the cement on it was not needed, especially at my age.

But a few painkillers & a few good old home brews are good medicine. 🍺

Happy recovery Phil! Sounds like you’ve diagnosed the right meds

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I went down the road to Dan Murphy's for something different but saw these for $20 x 6 pack, why look further?

Super Yumbo.

20240603_145510.thumb.jpg.94cb80a1cde6135d2aeaadd59a10dfbb.jpg

Nice drop the sparkling ale 👍

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

No tastings here unfortunately as I am not a Stout Drinker.

Stone & Wood Brewery send me tasters randomly every month, but this is not for me. 
@Aussiekraut, you live close by if you are interested in a giveaway ?

IMG_5172.jpeg

I'm always keen to taste new beers, even Stouts 🙂 Tell me where and when and I'll be there. Well, not today as I am working in the brewery. Kegging a beer, cleaning kegs and fermenters and cubes and since this is such strenuous activity, it requires the odd beer 🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I'm always keen to taste new beers, even Stouts 🙂 Tell me where and when and I'll be there. Well, not today as I am working in the brewery. Kegging a beer, cleaning kegs and fermenters and cubes and since this is such strenuous activity, it requires the odd beer 🍻

I’m heading back to work so I’ll message you in 2 weeks when back home. 

• Like 3

On 6/7/2024 at 8:18 PM, Hilltop hops said:

First Coopers Stout for the winter. Forgot how good it is! Could be a few more enjoyed over the long weekend. 

20240607_194852.jpg

Isn't it just a ripper sip HH.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben 10 said:

I went there in Feb - are they going to pull through?

I hope so, see below- 

On February 12 it felt like the floor had fallen out of our lives. We made the toughest decision we’ve had to make which was to go into VA. We knew then that the fate of the company was no longer in our hands. It was going to be up to the Administrators and our creditors to decide what happened next. We cannot stress enough how hard it is to see everything you’ve worked for placed into the hands of others, but we had no other choice. To try and continue would have seen us fall for good, so while it wasn’t an easy decision, it was the right one.

The response from the public, our wholesale partners, and suppliers since then has been humbling beyond measure. That brought with it the obviously needed financial boost but equally an emotional one. We knew we had a fight, but we knew we weren’t fighting alone and this became our rallying cry. Even in our darkest moments we knew we had something that was worth fighting for, because the public told us it was worth fighting for. In bars, bottleshops and festivals, people were cheering for us, and it meant the world.

We are grateful for the thorough work or Mark, Matt, and the team at HPL. They could see that our proposal was the best option for creditors and was a sustainable way forward.

We cannot thank our suppliers enough for their support for unanimously agreeing to our proposal and the restructuring of our debts. We know this hurts them too, but it is still a better option than the alternative. We will do what we can to make it up to them over the journey moving forward.

We want to thank the public, our families and friends who had our backs through this all. Our amazing Shedheads and regulars you have once again stood tall like only you can. While our battle isn’t over, and the seas are still stormy; we have righted the ship and can face those headwinds with confidence. We ask that you keep supporting us, keep supporting local independent beer and local business generally as it’s a tough time for us all and we all want to be there for our community long into the future.

All love
Craig, Jase, Nat and Racho

• Like 1

I introduced someone to homebrewing and he gave me a few beers, including two Westvleteren 12s. These are the Holy Grail for Europeans. 
It was very good: chocolaty, malty, rich, dense, satisfying etc etc. 10% ABV all the same 😵‍💫

They are very sought after as you can only get them directly from the Monastery, although they did start a limited home delivery service during COVID. I’ve got hold of 4 cases of the number 8, which I’ll be picking up next weekend as they were delivered to a friend’s house in Belgium. Road trip time!

TBH I can’t taste much difference between that and a St Bernardus, which is readily available and quite cheap too. 

IMG_3204.jpeg

• Like 5

We have two independent breweries/alehouses in Dubbo: Devil's Hollow which I have posted about before; and One or Two Brews.  Michael and I visited One or Two Brews yesterday. The brewery is in an industrial area; taking up one section of a row of warehouses. It opens on Friday evening and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The four partners all have day jobs or businesses, but manage to make about four brews each week. Being the first customers for the day, we received a warm welcome. Michael enjoyed an XPA and then took a can of Australian Pale Lager home.  You can look up https://www.oneortwobrewing.com.au/ for more photos and information.

20240609_124430[1].jpg

20240609_124109[1].jpg

20240610_063809[1].jpg

20240610_063832[1].jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

We have two independent breweries/alehouses in Dubbo: Devil's Hollow which I have posted about before; and One or Two Brews.  Michael and I visited One or Two Brews yesterday. The brewery is in an industrial area; taking up one section of a row of warehouses. It opens on Friday evening and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The four partners all have day jobs or businesses, but manage to make about four brews each week. Being the first customers for the day, we received a warm welcome. Michael enjoyed an XPA and then took a can of Australian Pale Lager home.  You can look up https://www.oneortwobrewing.com.au/ for more photos and information.

20240609_124430[1].jpg

20240609_124109[1].jpg

20240610_063809[1].jpg

20240610_063832[1].jpg

Good to see some local brews Jenny, I have been to the Badlands Brewery in Orange a few years ago but not really many others in the area apart from one in Mudgee. 

I would have liked to search out more when I was travelling but I was working at the time.

• Like 3

This is a nice beer. Thank you Aldi once again for your delicious offerings.

IMG_1252.thumb.jpeg.5ab861b6009ea4f452be6eb404aa6e67.jpeg

But now I can see why some people don’t rate the Schofferhöfer, this one here is a class above in flavour and body. Some days it pays to do the weekend grocery shopping with wifey at Aldi.

IMG_1257.thumb.jpeg.9ebcc24bea0861b84e864f2106bf3bdc.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

This is a nice beer. Thank you Aldi once again for your delicious offerings.

IMG_1252.thumb.jpeg.5ab861b6009ea4f452be6eb404aa6e67.jpeg

But now I can see why some people don’t rate the Schofferhöfer, this one here is a class above in flavour and body. Some days it pays to do the weekend grocery shopping with wifey at Aldi.

I used to be able to get Schofferhöfer in the bottle quite cheap and would drink it often, I remember liking it. Haven't had one in years though. I like a good, dependable hefeweizen.

• Like 2