Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

I like the Botanical more and more. This is the first time I’ve noticed the juniper. Very subtle, first on the nose, then quite a forward taste - I know, I’ve been reading a lot of wine labels lately 🤣

IMG_3950.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Japanese Lager, been in the keg for 6 weeks now, been about 3 months in the making this one. 

Very nice on a warmish day in SE Qld.

IMG_5290.jpeg

Looks nice RD, you can almost tell the presence of rice by the colour, did you use flaked rice?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

As Sydney is cold

Haha Sydney is cold 😉

I guess it is all about frame of reference... 👍

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Haha Sydney is cold 😉

I guess it is all about frame of reference... 👍

nah, I’ve been in minus 22 degrees and one meter high snow in Berlin and loved it, but here in Sydney nothing is designed for cold weather. Plus the sun is very hot, in the sun I start sweating and once I step in the shade I freeze my balls off. And let’s not mention the wind. European cold is much more enjoyable

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 8/4/2024 at 2:14 AM, stquinto said:

I like the Botanical more and more. This is the first time I’ve noticed the juniper. Very subtle, first on the nose, then quite a forward taste - I know, I’ve been reading a lot of wine labels lately 🤣

IMG_3950.jpeg

WOW what a glass @stquinto - very special 👏

(Oh, and it looks like you are gutsin yaself cobber, coz ya overfilled it 😉😂🤣😂🍺🍺🍺🍺)

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ha Ha, I thought so, my printer is in the Gold Coast & sent me a few samples as I did some AFL ones recently.

Yeah mate, Maroons all the way.

I was born in the UK, emigrated here when I was 4, so I am an Aussie, and proud Queenslander. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

My Kellerbier

Malty crusty bread aroma.  Smells really drinkable.  Sulphur smell from kegging time has disappeared.

Flavours - Malty, crisp, bready.  It is really drinkable.

Moderate but noticeable bitterness.

IMG_4509.JPG.f192b0716079908089bf9f8277fd5908.JPG

And zero head.

• Sad 1

As the temperature in winter is under 18 degrees in my garage I condition my bottled brews wrapped in blankets in the upstairs room which , because of the sun,, warms up quite a bit. But this winter it’s cold and the beer never got a chance to properly condition, I measured the temperature of the bottles, it was 15.4 degrees. So after taking the Stout out of the conditioning chamber ( turned off fridge with a heat belt inside creating a constant 18.8 degrees) I put the West Indies Porter for another week inside (after being two weeks wrapped in blankets in the upstairs room). I think it really did the job. Nice body and creaminess, maybe a slight alcohol flavour, but I am happy. Will do it again with rice husks and without extra LDM. 

IMG_1559.thumb.jpeg.9703b0d245cfc45237ceb75dcc8f8e58.jpeg

Also would love to have one of the original ones, did anyone have one before?

IMG_1569.thumb.png.8e42995993681177c65aaeb1cb0a8c15.png

By the way, this is my label 

IMG_1560.thumb.jpeg.c87a01db6901a86de5b5e7b3aff58e10.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz II
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

As the temperature in winter is under 18 degrees in my garage I condition my bottled brews wrapped in blankets in the upstairs room which , because of the sun,, warms up quite a bit. But this winter it’s cold and the beer never got a chance to properly condition, I measured the temperature of the bottles, it was 15.4 degrees. So after taking the Stout out of the conditioning chamber ( turned off fridge with a heat belt inside creating a constant 18.8 degrees) I put the West Indies Porter for another week inside (after being two weeks wrapped in blankets in the upstairs room). I think it really did the job. Nice body and creaminess, maybe a slight alcohol flavour, but I am happy. Will do it again with rice husks and without extra LDM. 

IMG_1559.thumb.jpeg.9703b0d245cfc45237ceb75dcc8f8e58.jpeg

Also would love to have one of the original ones, did anyone have one before?

IMG_1569.thumb.png.8e42995993681177c65aaeb1cb0a8c15.png

By the way, this is my label 

IMG_1560.thumb.jpeg.c87a01db6901a86de5b5e7b3aff58e10.jpeg

Looks awesome BF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1