Coopers Community

Coopers Vintage Ale 2022

thirstybrewer

4 hours ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Vintage Ale 2022 will start making its way out into the trade from this coming Monday, so keep an eye out for it in bottle shops from Wednesday the 27th (the official launch date). 

Cheers, Frank.

PS We took "Extra Strong" off the label (but not out of the beer) in 2018.  🙂 

Thanks for the update. 👍

I love vintage ale day, it’s like Christmas Day, but better because it’s beer. 

and whoops, clearly I am living in the past.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, terminal2k said:

it isn't a very good site. when searched by postcode, it only seems to give results in that postcode and not nearby locations. I searched 2031 and it shows it in spot cellars in randwick. not sure exactly where you are

Thanks buddy, I know wgere they are, will check them out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Beer Cartel is a great shop, but with road toll and Sydney traffic a hassle to get to. Driving there costs me 3 beers and postage 1 1/2. 🤣 I will check out my locals first, there are quiet a few around. If you are ever in the area you have to visit the Cartel, it's like a toy shop for beer drinkers. Thanks Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone know of anywhere in Melbourne selling the 2022 Vintage Ale? I can't find anywhere in Melbourne selling this online, not at Dan Murphys, BWS, Vintage Cellars, Liquorland etc etc. Am I going to have to trawl bottlos in person?

So far all I've managed to find is links to 2021 Vintage Ale (and even earlier versions!) saying that they're out of stock.

7 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Beer Cartel is a great shop, but with road toll and Sydney traffic a hassle to get to. Driving there costs me 3 beers and postage 1 1/2. 🤣 I will check out my locals first, there are quiet a few around. If you are ever in the area you have to visit the Cartel, it's like a toy shop for beer drinkers. Thanks Phil

Beer Cartel sometimes have free delivery.  Subscribe to their website and you will get an email notifying you.  Very handy for interstate drinkers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, terminal2k said:

it isn't a very good site. when searched by postcode, it only seems to give results in that postcode and not nearby locations. I searched 2031 and it shows it in spot cellars in randwick. not sure exactly where you are

You where spot on @terminal2k, I found some at the spot, if you like some hurry, he only got three cases and I bought already half case. Nice drop by the way

IMG_3081.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, loafing_about said:

Is it just me that thinks the next recipe of the month kit will be the 22 vintage ale, and should be out any day?

If your instincts are right, it could be a matter of minutes before we find out. The online store is currently offline so maybe they're doing the update at the moment.

• Like 1

nah I think the site was just broken, but the ROTM should have been out already. I feel like someone got in trouble about the ROTM packs because they seemed to still be for sale weeks after release last month when they usually sell out within 48 hours at the latest

• Like 2

It wasn't the just the Coopers DIY site that was down late last week; Australia Post, Telstra and others reported widespread hosting issues.

The timing of the EDM's that usually announce the latest ROTM packs is not nailed down.  There are many factors that influence the timing and I think Father's Day being just around the corner may have been a thing this time, I'm not sure, but no one's in trouble.  Apart from me of course, but that's just par for the course.  Was that dad joke? 😉  

Cheers, Frank.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, loafing_about said:

Already ordered, let's see how my version will turn out, the original is bloody good. I did a very good job on the Regency Park's Red Ale

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey BF when is the Maiden Voyage with the new BrewZilla ? 

Still in the box, as I still can't lift, I think it will be another month. Till then I will work on logistics (where and how to set up) and understanding brewfather. I have already the ingredients for an Imperial Chocolate Milk Stout (my daughters birthday present). I think it will be a marathon brewing session as I have three FVs, two extract kits and one cider kit at home and the ROTM just got shipped🤣. Also scored a brand new 8l hot water urn for the sparging water. Now I just have to wait for my son to pick up his motor bike to put a Fridge in its place. So take off is soon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Still in the box, as I still can't lift, I think it will be another month. Till then I will work on logistics (where and how to set up) and understanding brewfather. I have already the ingredients for an Imperial Chocolate Milk Stout (my daughters birthday present). I think it will be a marathon brewing session as I have three FVs, two extract kits and one cider kit at home and the ROTM just got shipped🤣. Also scored a brand new 8l hot water urn for the sparging water. Now I just have to wait for my son to pick up his motor bike to put a Fridge in its place. So take off is soon

OK all sounds good, I wish you the best, it really is not as hard as it sounds/looks & of course you have this great forum for invaluable help.

Keep us posted.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK all sounds good, I wish you the best, it really is not as hard as it sounds/looks & of course you have this great forum for invaluable help.

Keep us posted.

Cheers.

Oh yes, I really appreciate all the great brewing wisdom, will keep you guys posted🙏

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Either this year's Vintage Recipe of the Month is not popular, or Coopers had a lot of packs in stock because they are still available on the Coopers On-line Store.  I missed out last year, but got in quick this year.  Mine is in transit.

Mine is also in transit, starting the yeast making tonight! 

20220820_172011.jpg

Edited by Hilltop hops
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Either this year's Vintage Recipe of the Month is not popular, or Coopers had a lot of packs in stock because they are still available on the Coopers On-line Store.  I missed out last year, but got in quick this year.  Mine is in transit.

Mine arrived yesterday. Still have to do some research first😂Took advantage of the cold weather and just finished the Cold Front IPA

576A4D75-2413-48EF-BA4F-6244FD36CEBF.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...