Coopers Community

Whats sleep

ozdevil

i dont get the best sleep at anytime but last night  i was whacked and was in bed by 9.30pm my eyes was shut before hitting the pillow 
but for some reason  my body said time to get up @1.30am this morning .

i knew i should have just  rolled back over and shut my eyes  but for me it doesnt work .    i was half awakle @ 1am  pulling the blanket back over me and mrs oz  says nope ya not having blanky over you kept pulling it off me  .  then had the nerve to start puffing billy up with no care to the world

So @1.30am decided enough up i get   switched on the pc   checked out  this forum ,  then switched on the tele    watched a couple episodes of Welcome back cotter   On Antenna Tv    and a episode of Chips on uk's forces Tv    then watched an old episode of prisoner cell block h 

i know i should hit the sack  but just cant shut those eyes i was hoping switching on the tele and watching old shows would put me a sleep 

now there is daylight  i cant go back to bed..   

yeah i could do a brew but my concentration and patients will not be good  as my body is tired but the brain is keeping awake  
and yes i am weak as .   but  i dont want to be falling a sleep over a boiling kettle

i just hate not being able to sleep     

• Sad 4

Sounds like Mrs O' Sean on some nights.  She'll go to bed at 9:30pm and fall asleep quickly.  I'll go to bed a bit later and all the noise I make wakes her up.  I'll fall asleep quickly, but she will still be awake at 4 or 5am in the morning.  She watches a bit of TV, interneting on her phone, etc.  Unfortunately, the next day for her is usually pretty shite.

Other nights she will sleep like a log.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i dont get the best sleep at anytime but last night  i was whacked and was in bed by 9.30pm my eyes was shut before hitting the pillow 
but for some reason  my body said time to get up @1.30am this morning .

i knew i should have just  rolled back over and shut my eyes  but for me it doesnt work .    i was half awakle @ 1am  pulling the blanket back over me and mrs oz  says nope ya not having blanky over you kept pulling it off me  .  then had the nerve to start puffing billy up with no care to the world

So @1.30am decided enough up i get   switched on the pc   checked out  this forum ,  then switched on the tele    watched a couple episodes of Welcome back cotter   On Antenna Tv    and a episode of Chips on uk's forces Tv    then watched an old episode of prisoner cell block h 

i know i should hit the sack  but just cant shut those eyes i was hoping switching on the tele and watching old shows would put me a sleep 

now there is daylight  i cant go back to bed..   

yeah i could do a brew but my concentration and patients will not be good  as my body is tired but the brain is keeping awake  
and yes i am weak as .   but  i dont want to be falling a sleep over a boiling kettle

i just hate not being able to sleep     

Well Oz I think it may be time to give up the demon drink 🤣 well curb your habit anyway, I have never been a sound sleeper but I can still bounce out of bed as soon as I wake up, I cannot just lay there as coffee is calling & then just get on with it. It is frustrating at times up until this morning as daylight saving finished, at least now it not as dark as it was. 

I have a digital radio on in the bedroom, turned down of course mainly on ABC just to create some noise otherwise I wouldn't get to sleep.

I don't know how you can watch old repeats on TV, I would rather watch You Tube or Netflix, but each to their own.

Just a thought, maybe you could ask Mrs Oz if she minded camping on the lounge as your sleep is important to make beer next day.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well Oz I think it may be time to give up the demon drink 🤣 well curb your habit anyway, I have never been a sound sleeper but I can still bounce out of bed as soon as I wake up, I cannot just lay there as coffee is calling & then just get on with it. It is frustrating at times up until this morning as daylight saving finished, at least now it not as dark as it was. 

I have a digital radio on in the bedroom, turned down of course mainly on ABC just to create some noise otherwise I wouldn't get to sleep.

I don't know how you can watch old repeats on TV, I would rather watch You Tube or Netflix, but each to their own.

Just a thought, maybe you could ask Mrs Oz if she minded camping on the lounge as your sleep is important to make beer next day.

as for the old repeats well i like watching shows from back in the day for some reason  but i also watch netflix and youtube as well. and thought watching old re runs  may get me to sleep

i bounce out of bed fine  i wake normally around 4.30am and 5am religiously    i just hate it when i wake at 1.30am in the morning  and i hardly had that demon drink last night

• Sad 1

I often have similar sleeping patterns. Most of the time I just stay in bed and scroll the internet for a few hours on my phone until I get sleepy again, which is usually about just before dawn, and then I'll put the phone down and catch a few zeds. It's not ideal but I eventually get enough sleep over the week.

• Like 2

Getting good sleep is so often underestimated, it is important though. For most of my life I have slept extremely well, I always remember my mother telling me that I would be able to sleep soundly on a barbed wire fence! Later in life I suffered a serious eye condition, an eminent ophthalmologist checked me over and told me the condition may be caused by sleep apnea (I thought that he was dreaming) but I agree to do a sleep study anyway. That revealed that I had an extreme form of sleep disorded breathing and that diagnosis has probably saved me from going blind.

Like I said sleeping is extremely important.

Edited by kmar92
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Getting good sleep is so often underestimated, it is important though. For most of my life I have slept extremely well, I always remember my mother telling me that I would be able to sleep soundly on a barbed wire fence! Later in life I suffered a serious eye condition, an eminent ophthalmologist checked me over and told me the condition may be caused by sleep apnea (I thought that he was dreaming) but I agree to do a sleep study anyway. That revealed that I had an extreme form of sleep disorded breathing and that diagnosis has probably saved me from going blind.

Like I said sleeping is extremely important.

kmar been there done the sleep apnea  path and that has been the best thing for me    when i did my sleep study i stopped breath   100 times an hour.

i agree sleeping is important most nights i sleep like a log   and sleep right through.  i allow my body to wake of its own accord not me wanting to get up 

i'm glad i dont  do this that often

• Like 2

I have never really planned a good night's sleep or even thought much about it, all the years of travelling across OZ, getting up at 3.30-400am to travel from Adelaide to say Wagga 920km or even Broken Hill 520km it meant most or in some cases all day driving occasionally stopping for fuel/food. There were a few stops along the way when things started opening but my point is I think these long trips contributed to being able to fall asleep on bedtime. I always woke up early but if there was no need on a particular day to get up while it's dark I would catch up on sleep then. Even know as I mentioned earlier I have a digital radio that I have on low just for background noise as I cannot sleep without it. While travelling one of the other points to consider is you are sleeping in a different a bed every night albeit a Hotel/Motel/Caravan Park Cabin.

I would agree that a good night's sleep is important but it has never been an issue for me. 🛏️

• Like 2

This is sometimes a pain for me as well, but mainly on weekends. I'm so used to getting up around 5-6 am for work that I auto wake up around that time on weekends as well even if I've stayed up later than usual. I normally like to watch a couple of episodes of whatever after the footy (unless I have an early round on Sunday), so I'll head to bed around midnight/1am, then be awake at bloody 6. Sometimes I can go back to sleep pretty easily, other times I just lie there trying to but eventually give up. Then I get sleepy around dinner time. If I could just sleep straight through til about 8 it'd be fine. 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

23 years of driving buses on afternoon shift I'd often be going to be 3:53am. Now it's wake time...not by choice. 😕 

I do understand Muzzy, for years when planning for the start of interstate trips, I was up at 3.30-4.00am. I left home between 4.30-5.00am & would drive 1,000kms sometimes just to get to the destination & have an early start next morning. I still wake up early but normally 5-6am I am out of the proverbial f... sack. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Insomnia - welcome back my old friend.

He never left me, I've been a chronic Insomniac since my mid 20's.

The last 12 years of my working life, I did a lot of Night runs, driving miners home from Roxby Downs. Trying to sleep in the day time before driving all night was a problem.

I'd get to bed about 3.30-4.00am after shift, lay awake till the sun came up then sleep for two hours, then that was it.

the best thing for me (night or day) was just to lay still, try not to roll about and don't get up.

Retired now, still can't sleep..

• Sad 1