Coopers Community

BOATING & FISHING = FUN

Classic Brewing Co

This is a photo of my mate's boat & a few crabs ( well the limit ) caught just off the shore at Henley Beach. I would only imagine a majority of you blokes & girls have either got a boat or been out on the blue for a days fishing ( no beer of course ) His boat is licensed to carry 10 passengers or maybe 12 it's 32 foot with 2 Rolls Royce Inboards. Great way to spend a day, I got stuck with cooking the BBQ back at the blunt end. 🦀 🎣

PHOTOS FROM GALAXY NOTE 8 086.jpg

PHOTOS FROM GALAXY NOTE 8 083.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

This is a photo of my mate's boat & a few crabs ( well the limit ) caught just off the shore at Henley Beach. I would only imagine a majority of you blokes & girls have either got a boat or been out on the blue for a days fishing ( no beer of course ) His boat is licensed to carry 10 passengers or maybe 12 it's 32 foot with 2 Rolls Royce Inboards. Great way to spend a day, I got stuck with cooking the BBQ back at the blunt end. 🦀 🎣

PHOTOS FROM GALAXY NOTE 8 086.jpg

PHOTOS FROM GALAXY NOTE 8 083.jpg

much as i love a good fishing day as well as the crabs. 

years ago when i had my boat, my neighbour basicly controlled the fishing we would do

we would be crabbing every single saturday  including in the dodge tide..

We also manged to get our bag limits on the blue swimmers  ,  many couldnt believe  how we got our quota  (all legal)
specially on the dodge (most victorians wouldnt understand a dodge tide)

however i just got so sick of chasing crab and whiting etc unless we went over to port broughton  or other areas on the yorke..

the problem was  i had to pull the crab nets ,  i had to bait and clean everything as well as washing everything down at the end of the day why he took on the superviser role

Dont get me wrong he was like a father to me , i miss the guy as i have not seen him since 2006,  and i am not certain he is alive still, he had some medical issues back then..

but hey  water under a ducks bridge and once i get  pulled up on buying  home brew gear , i'll be concentrating getting the gear out and heading to  some good waters fishing again

But they are very nice crabs i won't show my partner , as she will try  and get to your place and eat the lot,  we dont get blue swimmers here in melbourne  (we do but no bastard  catches them)

great catch mate

• Like 1

the problem was  i had to pull the crab nets ,  i had to bait and clean everything as well as washing everything down at the end of the day why he took on the superviser role

I would have instigated a Mutiny, keelhauled him & then made him walk the plank, when we go out there is a rule, one ship, one captain but that's in the cabin.

Onboard when anchored we all share the tasks even afterwards cleaning, cooking & eating the catch & drinking beer.🚣‍♂️

Anyway it's meant to be fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I would have instigated a Mutiny, keelhauled him & then made him walk the plank, when we go out there is a rule, one ship, one captain but that's in the cabin.

Onboard when anchored we all share the tasks even afterwards cleaning, cooking & eating the catch & drinking beer.🚣‍♂️

Anyway it's meant to be fun. 

mate i was only a skinny 16okg giant compared to a grumpy 250kg giant

i'm with you , but  i have learned to pick me my fights well sort of   😄

6 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Must get out crabbing very soon. Nothing like a feed of fresh cooked Blueys with a cold beer. Match made in heaven. 

Bluey's are great & the funny thing was Josh, the boat owner dosen't eat crabs so Hammo & I pigged out, not sure if this video file will work, but Cheers anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

so crabs are a big SA thing then? In tassie it was crayfish and Atlantic salmon. They escape the fish farms and sometimes end up in your net or on line.

i have 2 Australian  records under the Australian national sports fishing Association for Atlantic Salmon and have held them from around 1994-6 till now.

both records are still intact still to this day.  1 come from meadow bank dam, Tasmania,   and the other  was from Dover Tasmania

6 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

so crabs are a big SA thing then? In tassie it was crayfish and Atlantic salmon. They escape the fish farms and sometimes end up in your net or on line.

We only go netting them when they are in season & legal of course, but there a a load of squid & fish out there too.

Not too many crays & Atlantic salmon in the Glenelg area. 😀

They are all nice anyway.

13 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i have 2 Australian  records under the Australian national sports fishing Association for Atlantic Salmon and have held them from around 1994-6 till now.

both records are still intact still to this day.  1 come from meadow bank dam, Tasmania,   and the other  was from Dover Tasmania

in Dover the water tends to be a bit lower even Cray fishing is easier. Had a friend from school with holiday home there you could see the pot or line on bottom. Although merky brown at times if stirred up great fishing because in a Cove so usually protected from winds etc more than open sea fishing. 

so are these your personal records caught them yourself? when I lived in Vic they had saying a Tasmanian is proof a south Australian can swim. Lol think they better than everyone.

edit my mate was from Southport lol can't say I ever remember fishing in Dover forget that part good story though? take the above add Southport in place been gone too long 

Edited by jamiek86

11 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

We only go netting them when they are in season & legal of course, but there a a load of squid & fish out there too.

Not too many crays & Atlantic salmon in the Glenelg area. 😀

They are all nice anyway.

crabs reminds me of deadliest catch yank show off Alaska 

9 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

in Dover the water tends to be a bit lower even Cray fishing is easier. Had a friend from school with holiday home there you could see the pot or line on bottom. Although merky brown at times if stirred up great fishing because in a Cove so usually protected from winds etc more than open sea fishing. 

so are these your personal records caught them yourself? when I lived in Vic they had saying a Tasmanian is proof a south Australian can swim. Lol think they better than everyone.

edit my mate was from Southport lol can't say I ever remember fishing in Dover forget that part good story though? take the above add Southport in place been gone too long 

Jamie  , i was born and raised there had a 27 year hoiliday in tas  before i swam across bass straight.

mate they are personal as well as Australian records under the Australian National sports fishing association

the one at dover  Tas was 2.88kg   on 2kg line cast and under lure casting

The one at meadow bank dam was 6.3kg by memory and was caught on 2kg line  but was registered under 3kg line class i think by memory for game fishing

Southport  was a nice place, did some work on some oyster farms  there..

AtlanticSalmon.jpg.ecf7374e5b1a662f0c8871d9e7358289.jpg

Atlantic Salmon from meadow bank dam

rainbowtrout.jpg.2834950d602c4bf60e031bb49b67af49.jpg

Rainbow from mt field natiol park, Tyeina river

searunbrown.jpg.24ab5327c080e8b9ab9f6a341d3f1091.jpg

Sea run brown trout, caught otago bay in the Derwent River

Southernbluefin.thumb.jpg.1a572e19b659376c9652ea30dfed48db.jpg

Southern bluefin tuna  my first  ever  tuna  part from albacore..  caught the southern side of Tasman Island  75kg

searuntrout2.thumb.jpg.9ceaf41380d857f494449439cf63454c.jpg

an opening night of trout fishing in tasmania a nice sea run trout cauaght at 12.01am 
from the bridgewater bridge in the Derwent River

hookedup.jpg.03c69e36d4ccb92631c06e3ebb1f08ad.jpg

hooked up to a small  brown trout  near ross  about 5kms of the midland hwy tasmania  (elizabeth river)

browntrout.jpg.50d3332aaf7bfde8cd077b97290db851.jpg

end result   and caught on fly

santaboat.jpg.755069cf07c2062d6ae1fc4057a56aab.jpg

some dude from  who ever runs west lakes in South Australia me being Santa for all the fishsa.com.au  when i lived in South Australia

cheers and beers

• Like 1

@ozdevil mate that's gold always wondered why your name was ozdevil was thinking some people like cash in on our iconic now dreadfully disease prone native. Good old bridgewater bridge years before I moved was going to do some work on it or build new one beside it not sure if ever happened. I lived in old beach with my aunt for many years but born and bread warrane if know of it. You been around a bit yourself obviously. I love tassie but no economy unless shipbuilding or tourism mainlanders buying houses and jacking up.rents have stuffed the place.

Edited by jamiek86

6 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil mate that's gold always wondered why your name was ozdevil was thinking some people like cash in on our iconic now dreadfully disease prone native. Good old bridgewater bridge years before I moved was going to do some work on it or build new one beside it not sure if ever happened. I lived in old beach with my aunt for many years but born and bread warrane if know of it. You been around a bit yourself obviously. I love tassie but no economy unless shipbuilding or tourism mainlanders buying houses and jacking up.rents have stuffed the place.

6 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@ozdevil my holiday home was at white beach near Nubeena and Port Arthur my grandparents live there now I spent almost every weekend of my childhood there hanging to go back but no confidence with covid as always have to pass through Melbourne or Sydney and things change so fast.

jamiek my best mate was from warrane .   the same bridge at bridgewater still there but i believe they are building a new bugga , yet to be started.

nubeena and port Arthur great little parts of the world.   i wont go back to port Arthur for reason i wont discuss, but great history there.

i want to go back but like ya said  if your not in certain industry  you buggard

• 2 years later...

@Pale Man , nice bit of kit there!  I have a Yammy 70 HP four-stroke on mine and very happy with it.  Is your 75 a two-stroke?  Also did it come standard with that cavitation plate fitting on the motor or was it an optional extra?  My motor has the mounting holes for one and have been thinking about adding one on, unsure if performance is gained or not.   TIP: get yourself a condom type cover for your motor cover as the UV will stuff it otherwise.   Yammy sell them to suit each motor size.  The Honda four-stroke on my fresh-water boat looks very sad due to the fading paintwork on the plastic cover.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

like your new bath tub mate and hope it is a great fish finder for you and few good whyalla snapper  find there way in.

Not for a few years yet. I'm pretty sure our state government has put a moratorium on Snapper fishing until 2026 to replenish breeding stocks. There's always plenty of KG Whiting to make up for that though.

• Like 2