Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You are right the price is the killer, I have used it heaps of times especially for Roast Potatoes, there are heaps of ready to cook products  from here. For a tray of Roast Potatoes you only need a Tablespoon - 15-20gms so used that way it's OK.

Rick Stein is my favourite celebrity chef, his TV series are great, even Jack's his son has his own shows.

RS7284_Duck_Fat_Packaging_200g_Front_Tub_RGB_HR_1_570_570_75auto_s_c1.jpg

It's the Duck's gut's Sainter, Classic Phil is spot on. Rick Stein is a Guru, foodies around the Globe worship the guy. 

• Like 1

Okay a bit of an eclectic Combo, but geez it was noice!

A bit of an authentic Thai Salad - Yum Woon Sen. (Thai glass noodle salad)

275431717_3110613152555261_7560348767325644256_n.thumb.jpg.32bf1b3b3dea983d56f4eb0f3b6ede7b.jpg275483262_490499546054837_6056036177453771894_n.thumb.jpg.2ab77b6344debe78e6240e25a445771e.jpg

A Thai influenced Roast pork with crackling.

275366424_646640073264267_295387726669980234_n.thumb.jpg.dbbb91a90b3220aadb417b3116c6f033.jpg

And good Old Aussie style roast Vege with a drizzle of olive oil.

275604882_323651236495413_7565866550347062145_n.thumb.jpg.791b38570c09536857601b9339c14828.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Okay a bit of an eclectic Combo, but geez it was noice!

A bit of an authentic Thai Salad - Yum Woon Sen. (Thai glass noodle salad)

275431717_3110613152555261_7560348767325644256_n.thumb.jpg.32bf1b3b3dea983d56f4eb0f3b6ede7b.jpg275483262_490499546054837_6056036177453771894_n.thumb.jpg.2ab77b6344debe78e6240e25a445771e.jpg

A Thai influenced Roast pork with crackling.

275366424_646640073264267_295387726669980234_n.thumb.jpg.dbbb91a90b3220aadb417b3116c6f033.jpg

And good Old Aussie style roast Vege with a drizzle of olive oil.

275604882_323651236495413_7565866550347062145_n.thumb.jpg.791b38570c09536857601b9339c14828.jpg

All that looks amazing Mick! Nice bit of crackling too 👍 they cut it off the pork joints here, but sometimes you can get suckling pigs from the Portuguese here and that has it. 
Like the look of the salad too, might tru that one out. I’ve got a Ken Hom Thai cookbook, see if he has any recipes. Or the net of course….

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mickep said:

It's the Duck's gut's Sainter, Classic Phil is spot on. Rick Stein is a Guru, foodies around the Globe worship the guy. 

I’ve got his book on French , Mexican and also the Fish book. Good stuff!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

All that looks amazing Mick! Nice bit of crackling too 👍 they cut it off the pork joints here, but sometimes you can get suckling pigs from the Portuguese here and that has it. 
Like the look of the salad too, might tru that one out. I’ve got a Ken Hom Thai cookbook, see if he has any recipes. Or the net of course….

I'll get the Bride's recipe mate and send it to you - it's HAF but tastes beautiful. Really clean - I absolutely love this one.

The pork in Oz is incredibly good. We are blessed here Sainter lots of produce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

I'll get the Bride's recipe mate and send it to you - it's HAF but tastes beautiful. Really clean - I absolutely love this one.

The pork in Oz is incredibly good. We are blessed here Sainter lots of produce.

Will try it out mate, cheers!

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:
22 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I’ve got his book on French , Mexican and also the Fish book. Good stuff!

I've filmed heaps of Cooking shows here in Oz, he's considered to be one of the best TV chefs going round. I filmed a rip off of his show called Mercurio's Menu (Paul Mercurio Aussie actor - from the movie Strictly Ballroom fame)  back around 2008 - 2011 - I love the paddock to the plate or Farm to fork concept.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I've filmed heaps of Cooking shows here in Oz, he's considered to be one of the best TV chefs going round. I filmed a rip off of his show called Mercurio's Menu (Paul Mercurio Aussie actor - from the movie Strictly Ballroom fame)  back around 2008 - 2011 - I love the paddock to the plate or Farm to fork concept.

Yeah some of his stuff is good, I am not into dancing but his food & beer recipes are OK too, he has published a couple of books worth a read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Looks delish Sainter.

Agree wholeheartedly with @Mickep my man @stquinto Sainter!

But can you please advise what the 'preserved' aspect is of the duck?

I saw a great show of some festy Frenchies making confit recently with the duckers from their farm and canning it... looked quite interesting.

But not sure what your preserved ducker is mate? Help Please 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

I've filmed heaps of Cooking shows here in Oz

Wow @Mickep Mick... look at that hey...

There is no doubt there are some utter legends on this site!  That is way cool @Mickep Mick!  Festive if I say so myself!?!🙂

Who would have been your favourite in your Cooking Shows mate?

And Recipe for that Thai HAF Salad yes from your clever Partner please... mate all the food you guys serve up looks sooooooo yumbo scrumbo!   Butttttt.... is it true.... I even saw.... A ZUCHINI!!??!! haha!

What is quite sad... is that the ongoing wet wet wet humid unending rainy weather... and I think the Autumn cool kicking in...

The poor old Zooker Plants have finally met their demise with the evil Powdery kicking in : (

So the wheel turns 😐

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah some of his stuff is good, I am not into dancing but his food & beer recipes are OK too, he has published a couple of books worth a read.

He's also a bit of a Beer Guru too the ol' Mecurio if I am not mistaken?

Whether he did set up a Brewery at some stage?

[And I am afraid I am sucker for Strictly Ballroom great Aussie Film... and his role and dancing was something extraordinary... amazing]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

He's also a bit of a Beer Guru too the ol' Mecurio if I am not mistaken?

Whether he did set up a Brewery at some stage?

[And I am afraid I am sucker for Strictly Ballroom great Aussie Film... and his role and dancing was something extraordinary... amazing]

He was promoting Cooper's Beer sometime ago here's a link to his products  https://www.paulmercurio.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

A bloke called Snowy, (Steven Snow) - he runs a joint in Kingscliff NSW.  Worked on the first incarnation of MKR with Curtis Stone. Merc's, and a few others.  Did a program with Kerry Vincent in LA which was a bit of fun.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Wow @Mickep Mick... look at that hey...

There is no doubt there are some utter legends on this site!  That is way cool @Mickep Mick!  Festive if I say so myself!?!🙂

And Recipe for that Thai HAF Salad yes from your clever Partner please... mate all the food you guys serve up looks sooooooo yumbo scrumbo!   Butttttt.... is it true.... I even saw.... A ZUCHINI!!??!! haha!

What is quite sad... is that the ongoing wet wet wet humid unending rainy weather... and I think the Autumn cool kicking in...

The poor old Zooker Plants have finally met their demise with the evil Powdery kicking in : (

So the wheel turns 😐

unnamed.thumb.jpg.afb913c0d0ca48ee15d1d12d32cc8bf3.jpg

Circa 1976 - publicity shot for GTV9 News. That's me on the right. So long ago. It's hard to imagine but that was the first mobile ENG van to hit Oz. The first portable video camera to be used in News in Melbourne. We normally would use film cameras - so this was quite an event.......Live pictures to air from various locations around town - who would've thunk. 

• Like 5

Wow @Mickep that is pretty darn cooooooool mate - Gold - Wow - Festive - all of them together haha! 

Yeah pretty amazing.

And must've been pretty cool mate being part of those revolutionary amazing steps forward in filming mate Wow!

What a great blast from the past!?!

===

Now there is something tho I need to take you to task over... and that is - I don't think that is you mate - Nope.

Sorry.

I think it is someone else completely different.

===

I think it is a young....

.... BARRY MANILOW !?!  🙂

Doing a quick cameo stint on sound on his day off while on a World Tour?! ; )

image.thumb.png.d189b0c4a7ebb9464f4d07f170fe2c11.png

🙂

I bet every good looking young lady in Melbin was after yer mate!?! 😆

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Wow @Mickep that is pretty darn cooooooool mate - Gold - Wow - Festive - all of them together haha! 

Yeah pretty amazing.

And must've been pretty cool mate being part of those revolutionary amazing steps forward in filming mate Wow!

What a great blast from the past!?!

===

Now there is something tho I need to take you to task over... and that is - I don't think that is you mate - Nope.

Sorry.

I think it is someone else completely different.

===

I think it is a young....

.... BARRY MANILOW !?!  🙂

Doing a quick cameo stint on sound on his day off while on a World Tour?! ; )

image.thumb.png.d189b0c4a7ebb9464f4d07f170fe2c11.png

🙂

I bet every good looking young lady in Melbin was after yer mate!?! 😆

Ha, I was often asked if I was J Farnsie's younger brother LOL.

It was an amazing time to be in that game - lots a budget, and hardly any rules....fun times. None of which could ever happen today...working on film was magical, at least for me anyway.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Agree wholeheartedly with @Mickep my man @stquinto Sainter!

But can you please advise what the 'preserved' aspect is of the duck?

I saw a great show of some festy Frenchies making confit recently with the duckers from their farm and canning it... looked quite interesting.

But not sure what your preserved ducker is mate? Help Please 🤔

Sorry IP mate - it’s confit. Preserved is a rough English translation. Preserved in the fat I spose 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mickep said:

Circa 1976 - publicity shot for GTV9 News. That's me on the right. So long ago. It's hard to imagine but that was the first mobile ENG van to hit Oz. The first portable video camera to be used in News in Melbourne. We normally would use film cameras - so this was quite an event.......Live pictures to air from various locations around town - who would've thunk. 

Blast from the past indeed Mick!

Good on yer, but IP may have a point….

Didn’t know Burt Reynolds (RIP) used to be behind the camera either 🤣

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mickep said:

And today they use footage from phones.
The times they are a-changin'.

• Haha 3