Coopers Community

The Voyage - Advance Recipe Packs

Hey Brewers,

We’ve just launched something exciting! Introducing, The Voyage Advanced Recipe Packs, similar to Recipe of the Month, but available all year round!

Developed by our Master Brewers for the more adventurous DIY enthusiast, each pack contains specialty hops, grains, yeast and Coopers DIY Beer ingredients to craft the perfect brew. Check out the full range of styles and set sail for brewing excellence!

Get them here: https://www.diybeer.com/au/brewing-extracts/advanced-recipe-packs.html

Why ‘The Voyage’?

Embarking on the arduous journey from Yorkshire to Australia, Thomas Cooper knew he’d face dangers along the way, just as the courageous DIY brewer risks all in pursuit of the perfect beer. And as you venture into the uncharted waters of this noble craft, keep in mind what old Thomas knew all along… in brewing as in life, good fortune favours the brave. 😉

Cheers,

Coopers DIY Beer Team

CB39834_The_Voyage_DIY_Launch_Web_Banner_1920x800_ 1s.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 10/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, Smashed Crabs said:

Ouch cant see myself wanting to fork out a greenback basically for the IIPA + postage for a advanced Kit + Kilo compared to a FWK.

The FWK I get are 16.5 litres and don't include yeast or dry hops.  Most of these kits should be 21-23 litres and includes yeast and dry hops (if needed).  

I see the IIPA kit is more expensive but it includes 150 grams of hops + 2 kits + 1 kilo + yeast.   I don't think the pricing is too far off.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We have these at out local Mitre 10. I have made 3 brews of the American Pale Ale and they have all been delicious except the last one, fermentation temp was too high so my fault. Now that the weather is cooling off I thought I would try the Vanilla Choc Stout, as I have never brewed a dark beer. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this one and how did it turn out? Also not really keen on vanilla so was after suggestions for something else to add?

• Like 1

@ozlizard something you do like the taste of there is no wrong answer when brewing your own. Even just a standard stout with malt or even simple hop tea of EKG. Sadly mine as described is still conditioning I won't be able to give an opinion for about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

OK fair comment. Not a big stout drinker normally but thought I would give this a go. I was thinking maybe, coconut or cloves, 5 spice, cinnamon, something along those lines. Coconut sounds like  a plan.....

11 hours ago, ozlizard said:

OK fair comment. Not a big stout drinker normally but thought I would give this a go. I was thinking maybe, coconut or cloves, 5 spice, cinnamon, something along those lines. Coconut sounds like  a plan.....

"Dry hopping" with pan toasted desiccated coconut works a treat in a stout.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 8:29 AM, Shamus O'Sean said:

"Dry hopping" with pan toasted desiccated coconut works a treat in a stout.

@ozlizard I just made the Coopers  Island Roasted Coconut Ruby Porter using desiccated coconut which is currently half way through it's conditioning phase. So will be very interested how it turns out.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...