Coopers Community

LalBrew - Verdant IPA - Ale Yeast

As we are in lockdown here i just ordered a  brew to pass the time as i am on job keeper as work has slowed but that's another story. 5KG light lager 1kg Malted oats 1kg Wheat   and verdent yeast hops mosaic simcoe and citra 50 of each at 5mins i think it should make a nice hazy PA/IPA

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 3:57 PM, therealthing691 said:

Just wondering who has used this yeast was going to give it go with  mosaic simcoe and citra 50 of each at 5mins  no dry hopping  

That’s the holy grail of IPA hop combos in my opinion!!

Will have to read up a bit on the Verdant  yeast.

Cheers

James

5 hours ago, Hairy said:

I ordered a couple of packets of this from Cheap Yeast. I also have a couple of packets of Lallemand New England yeast in the fridge. 

I'm looking forward to see how they perform.

I have used the new england once before was good but i think Voss kviek is suited as well for Neipa's but have only used both once so far

Og was 1065  day3 from pitching it is down to 1024 will start bumping it up .25c a day as it  is 80% done .I have done this hop combo before and i must say at the moment it smells  very fruity  more complex than normal and the only smell i aren't getting is piney from the Simcoe . I am really looking forward to see how it tastes and smells when its done as i aren't using any dry hops what so ever. Just what to see the yeasts performance with just late additions cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

straight from the bottling bucket to you  it has strong fruit aromas + buggle gum not sure where that bubble gum iscoming from with mosiac citra and simcoelate additions ??? but smells really nice it has a fair amount of oats s i expected it to be hazy  after cc cheers PS  this could be a addition if covid restrictions  ease so i can go give it a once over  only waiting since may mmmmm

20200829_123607.jpg

FB_IMG_1582505643340.jpg

• Like 2