Coopers Community

LalBrew - Verdant IPA - Ale Yeast

4 hours ago, NewBrews said:

Nice looking unit. Will be lucky to get here before Christmas at this stage I think, unless you want a 14 day holiday, that you can’t go out and see anything.

Which part of Qld are you in New   that is in Hervey bay had another to look at in logan but sadly that is gone cheers

20 minutes ago, James Lao said:

I get bubblegum from this hop combo, bloody lovely !!

Havent as much as this before but all good i like it in saying it is not over powering but not in the back ground either  is pretty fruity as well.I cant wait to see what it tastes like when its carbed

• 2 weeks later...

10 days in the Bottle is carbed pretty well it has been conditioning at 23c but will leave 2weeks at least .Considering i didnt dry hop at all 150g of late additions is very damn fruity very impressed with the verdant yeast  quite clear as well i expected a bit of haze

cheers Brian

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

used this in my latest pale ale. 5.2% Sabro Citra Cascade centennial. Has pronounced the hops for sure.

Next one im going to clarify a little to see how it goes then.

Pretty impressed with this yeast though. Going to purchase another lot soon. Don't think ill be using 05 that much anymore.

• Like 4

I have been thinking about blending Bry-97 with lallemand's NE yeast and see how that would go, but then I keep looking at this blend and it seems to be nice. I used it in a brew I am waiting to carbonate, not really hoppy, more of an earthy IPA, but looking forward to a tasting tomorrow or Monday.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well my beer is done with this and kegged. Recipe was for American pale ale but finished beer is American IPA. This is a fantastic yeast bold hops great malt profile. Krausen was still thick and fluffy when it was finished. This yeast can make an ordinary pale ale into a competition prize winner. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Titan said:

Well my beer is done with this and kegged. Recipe was for American pale ale but finished beer is American IPA. This is a fantastic yeast bold hops great malt profile. Krausen was still thick and fluffy when it was finished. This yeast can make an ordinary pale ale into a competition prize winner. 

Mine has been in the fermenter for 2.5 weeks and the krausen is still thick.

The taste of the samples is promising. This could be my new go-to yeast for pales ales.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, Hairy said:

Mine has been in the fermenter for 2.5 weeks and the krausen is still thick.

The taste of the samples is promising. This could be my new go-to yeast for pales ales.

Have you or anyone else had this with us05 where the krausen still hangs around when close to being finished or actually finished fermenting? i have a bootmaker pale ale pitched last saturday with us05 1.25kg ldm and 250 grams dextrose started on 1.047 was on 1.010 today and still thick krausen. if same tomorrow im cold crashing until sunday but assume it finished and still looks active. obviously this IPA yeast your talking about its common but ive used us05 before and never done this usually goes away in 4 or 5 days but then again i used to brew at 22 to 24 not 18 or 19 degrees maby that's the difference.

3 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

Have you or anyone else had this with us05 where the krausen still hangs around when close to being finished or actually finished fermenting? i have a bootmaker pale ale pitched last saturday with us05 1.25kg ldm and 250 grams dextrose started on 1.047 was on 1.010 today and still thick krausen. if same tomorrow im cold crashing until sunday but assume it finished and still looks active. obviously this IPA yeast your talking about its common but ive used us05 before and never done this usually goes away in 4 or 5 days but then again i used to brew at 22 to 24 not 18 or 19 degrees maby that's the difference.

Yep, same with US-05.

Crash chilling helps and so does giving the fermenter a whack to dislodge it. It just takes some time.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Yes US-05 is known to keep a krausen. Dry hopping or agitating the wort may help in getting the krausen to settle out. I think that it is a matter of disturbing the surface tension.

in dry hopped 3 days ago and they just sat on top of krausen was still 5 points away from finishing then think they have sunk in now.