Coopers Community

I've succumbed to the rabbit hole

Malter White

7 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Fire tv stick ordered and on the way 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nice work. Register an account on taplist and get it all setup ready for your fire stick mate. I think there was 2 plans you can go on, ive selected the hobby plan
Which costs $7 a month.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:33 PM, MUZZY said:

Oh, did I mention I don't keg my beers either? But I am envious.

Mate I reckon focus on the Brew and don't worry about the display...  you can chalkboard a piece of timber or get the Kmart letterboard and save your $$ for brewing results ; )

Would big time spend money on temp control and kegging before some fancy display mate.

• Like 1

Each to their own of course but I'd rather not spend $7 a month plus the addition to the power bill, albeit small, when a letterboard is $13 and does exactly the same thing with no ongoing costs. Then again, I've always preferred the old school things like that more than fancy modern shit. I'm the same with cricket scoreboards, hate the electronic ones but those old ones like at the Adelaide oval are awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 6:52 PM, Hoppy81 said:

Nice work. Register an account on taplist and get it all setup ready for your fire stick mate. I think there was 2 plans you can go on, ive selected the hobby plan
Which costs $7 a month.

It’s arrived mate, now to mount the tv on the wall etc 3BBECD69-2EA1-4141-90EE-289D07F1FD4C.thumb.jpeg.1e20b6b31a6127a4fbd49e5fd03644a2.jpeg3BBECD69-2EA1-4141-90EE-289D07F1FD4C.thumb.jpeg.1e20b6b31a6127a4fbd49e5fd03644a2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After a hectic holiday period my brew fridge is now a brew fridge. It started out as a drink fridge while we had visitors staying with us.
Yesterday, after a dithering start, I managed to get the Inkbird and the fridge to work together and put down a Mex Cerveza KnK.
Woke up this morning and the fridge was in an off mode but the temperature was exactly how I set it. Success!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

After a hectic holiday period my brew fridge is now a brew fridge. It started out as a drink fridge while we had visitors staying with us.
Yesterday, after a dithering start, I managed to get the Inkbird and the fridge to work together and put down a Mex Cerveza KnK.
Woke up this morning and the fridge was in an off mode but the temperature was exactly how I set it. Success!

Just need to satisfy your Taplist envy, get some kegs, then you will be deeper down the rabbit hole Muzzy 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

Just need to satisfy your Taplist envy, get some kegs, then you will be deeper down the rabbit hole Muzzy 🤣🤣

Baby steps, Red. The Inkbird is a relatively simple device to use but I still managed to make hard work of it. Kegs are still a long way off for my skill level. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My son is staying with me for a week or so, gave him a guided tour of my keezer & keg set up, we are going to chill on Australia Day by having a swim, pizzas in the pizza oven, and put down a Caribbean Siesta with Mexican Cerveza K & K.

I think Ive convinced my son to the never ending Rabbit Hole that is Home Brewing 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Baby steps, Red. The Inkbird is a relatively simple device to use but I still managed to make hard work of it. Kegs are still a long way off for my skill level. 😄 

Muzz besides the expense mate I reckon with a reasonable supplier, a bit of goggle if necessary, and this festive site, I reckon you would be fine with kegs.  It does cost a bit to get established... I have scrimped and saved for years and decided that I needed to invest... and have saved a bit too I guess on not buying beer anymore...  but you know how to brew... this really is just packaging storing, serving and cleaning a bit differently.  I do have to get a refrig unit for me kegs... another expense... but I used to buy Oettinger Pils for around $50 a carton (24x500mls) or Coopers... and the $$ build up after a while...  Now I honestly don't have much interest in buying other beer unless I'm desperate and I do still back Coopers' Stout and Sparkling... but I think my AG is as good or better than most beer available... tho I do like trying what Rusty Penny Penrith Micro have on tap if I find myself in their general vicinity.  So one day mate if you think it's the right time, you'll roll it just fine.  If you do, I reckon if you can find a cobber somewhere in your vicinity who does kegs or a HB shop... just get them to show you a few of the ins and out of it all.  In the meantime, bottles are great...  while I am in a bit of a "kegging-holding-pattern" re fridge I am really enjoying my Hefeweizens now which fortunately are filling the gap while I get my shittt in a sock and organise a fridgidaire extraordinaire ha ha 😜

I love this photo so much I am sticking it in again ha ha (recycled from the wodgadringgin thread):

image.png.fa521f3d8937c9ac124fa8b20f189499.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

My son is staying with me for a week or so, gave him a guided tour of my keezer & keg set up, we are going to chill on Australia Day by having a swim, pizzas in the pizza oven, and put down a Caribbean Siesta with Mexican Cerveza K & K.

I think Ive convinced my son to the never ending Rabbit Hole that is Home Brewing 🤣🤣

Love it Red... sounds like a splendid way to spend Aussie Day!  If I had a fekkkin pool I wouldna have enough water to fill the bassssstard 😜

Guess I could go for a splash down in the dirty old dam with duckkkkshit and cowpoooooo ; )

But on the positive mate - does sound like a lovely way to spend the day!

And maybe I too should one day try to brew a quick Coopers Mexi with some liquid malt and dex for the masses that don't cope with heavier brews?

• Thanks 1

I was on my way home on Saturday when I spied a Samsung two door refrigerator on someone's nature strip with a sign that read " Free    Working".  

It raised the question 'Will a Samsung two door refrigerator fit in the back of a Honda Civic ?'.  

The answer is 'No, it doesn't' ... but I wasn't about to let that stop me.  

With the hatchback flapping I hauled it back home through the backstreets - and planted one foot into the rabbit hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, James of Bayswater said:

With the hatchback flapping I hauled it back home through the backstreets - and planted one foot into the rabbit hole.

Luvyerwork James of Bayswater!  Great job and good luck with it all and bringing it into service for the Bayswater Brewery!

😲

I get pulled over quite a bit because the Civic is registered to my 91 year old father and it shows up as a flag on their computer. 

" VKC we are in pursuit of a black Honda Civic driven by a 91 year old man with a fridge hanging out the back,  He has just turned left into a rabbit hole,   Requesting back up..."

• Haha 4