Coopers Community

I've succumbed to the rabbit hole

Malter White

6 minutes ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Oh yes, but you could fill a keg from that height, so looks like time to get into kegging. 

Hahaha. I knew someone was going to suggest that, Marty. I'm not saying I won't start kegging ever but currently I just don't feel the need for it.
Maybe suggest it to me again next week. 😄 😄 

• Haha 3

On 12/15/2019 at 9:37 AM, MUZZY said:

I thought I should also add this photo to demonstrate that everything you see on social media isn't always as good as it might seem. This is the exterior of my acquisition.

I'm off to get some paint shortly.

IMG20191215084947.jpg

I did some work a while ago and a colourbond shed had a coat of Ferric Chloride sprayed all over it - had a similar colour - but mate I think you will be just fine!

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 5:48 PM, MUZZY said:

FFS! I got more paint. First press of the trigger on the can and the whole trigger and it's neck snapped away from the can. Next thing I know I've a paint bomb going off on me like one of those flea and roach bombs. F####ng paint everywhere. Meanwhile I'm desperately trying to apply it without any control of the flow. I've got bubbles all over the fridge, paint all over me. Looks like I've got Ebola or something.

Take it back to Bunnings and request that they insert it into the most appropriate...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Gee @Hoppy81 that looks the goods.  So how did you prep the door before painting it?  

Cheers mate. First i removed the 3.2 million 15 year old stickers that were on it with a scraper then lightly sanded it all back with 100 grit, then
gave it a good soapy wash and then gave it 3 coats of blackboard paint. Pretty simple really.

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Cheers mate. First i removed the 3.2 million 15 year old stickers that were on it with a scraper then lightly sanded it all back with 100 grit, then
gave it a good soapy wash and then gave it 3 coats of blackboard paint. Pretty simple really.

5 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

What was the coverage of  the blackboard paint like. I have seen that stuff for sale and it is like $50 a litre!  Did you use a brush or spray? 

Edited by MartyG1525230263

A lot better than i thought. I was going to get 1 litre for like $40 at mitre 10 but they had the 4 litre out for $85, i thought i would
Of used around 1.5l-2l so i bought the 4 litre can but i reckon i used less than 1L . I rolled it on 3 sides and the top

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

What was the coverage of  the blackboard paint like. I have seen that stuff for sale and it is like $50 a litre!  Did you use a brush or spray? 

I reckon you need to purchase a Litre or two off @Hoppy81 Marty - what would you do with the other 3L @Hoppy81 - can't paint the back ; )

Guess could paint the car or the van and advertise what brews you got on at the moment?

• Haha 2

I was holding off turning the ferment fridge on until the Inkbird had arrived. Our lovely courier lady just delivered it. I turned on the fridge, it made operational sounds. I can feel cold coming from the fridge elements (if that's what they're called). I think it works. 🙂 
I haven't been this excited since I got my first Fleshlight. 😄 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I was holding off turning the ferment fridge on until the Inkbird had arrived. Our lovely courier lady just delivered it. I turned on the fridge, it made operational sounds. I can feel cold coming from the fridge elements (if that's what they're called). I think it works. 🙂 
I haven't been this excited since I got my first Fleshlight.

I thought you said a while back you haven’t been this excited since you got your first Playboy magazine, how times have changed hey 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I thought you said a while back you haven’t been this excited since you got your first Playboy magazine, how times have changed hey 🤣🤣

I have had a few exciting milestones in my life, Red. LOL

Edited by MUZZY