Coopers Community

I've succumbed to the rabbit hole

Malter White

47 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

It probably would.  I intend to have it under the verandah and have it covered with a sheet and a plastic tarp most of the time because the verandah isn't completely waterproof.

Don't worry, I know all about the matching colours/aesthetics thing not always being the most practical solution. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Don't worry, I know all about the matching colours/aesthetics thing not always being the most practical solution. 🤣

And that's not the last of it either, Kelsey.
"Seeing you're painting, can you spray paint my black lantern as well and my candle holders?"
FFS.

• Haha 2

FFS! I got more paint. First press of the trigger on the can and the whole trigger and it's neck snapped away from the can. Next thing I know I've a paint bomb going off on me like one of those flea and roach bombs. F####ng paint everywhere. Meanwhile I'm desperately trying to apply it without any control of the flow. I've got bubbles all over the fridge, paint all over me. Looks like I've got Ebola or something.

IMG20191215163327.jpg

IMG20191215164108.jpg

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

FFS! I got more paint. First press of the trigger on the can and the whole trigger and it's neck snapped away from the can. Next thing I know I've a paint bomb going off on me like one of those flea and roach bombs. F####ng paint everywhere. Meanwhile I'm desperately trying to apply it without any control of the flow. I've got bubbles all over the fridge, paint all over me. Looks like I've got Ebola or something.

IMG20191215163327.jpg

IMG20191215164108.jpg

Keep at it Muzzy, is it going to be a fermenting fridge or an upright keezer ?

13 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Keep at it Muzzy, is it going to be a fermenting fridge or an upright keezer ?

Thanks Red.

At this point in time it's going to be a ferment fridge. I don't see myself kegging any time soon but I never say never.

Meanwhile, I think I've earnt this one today after my mishap. V V

IMG20191215173531.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

That black shite took over Neo in the Matrix, personally I'd wash it off. 😜

....or welcome "Darth Muzzy". 😉

Lusty.

Hahaaaaaaa Lusty.

I've got most of it off but my fingernails currently look a bit like Alice Cooper's eyes. (I believe he's no relation)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

Thanks Red.

At this point in time it's going to be a ferment fridge. I don't see myself kegging any time soon but I never say never.

Meanwhile, I think I've earnt this one today after my mishap. V V

IMG20191215173531.jpg

I’ve only been brewing about 18 months, but learnt early living in Qld that I need temp control, I was lucky through my wife’s family they had 2 all fridges they wanted rid of, so offered them $160 for the two, the rest is Red Devil Brewing History so to speak 🤣🤣.

Funny thing is my wife bought me a 2 tap Kegerator for my birthday last yr worked ok, but me being me I bought a chest freezer from the old girl next door for $80, converted it into a 4 tap keezer and use that now, works a treat. Still have my Kegerator but is mainly an expensive keg chilling fridge ATM, trying to sell it to my brother 😂😂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Looks a good brew mate 🍺

Cheers, Red.
Just a simple Coopers APA, BE2 and a steep of Pride of Ringwood hops.
All my beers are quite simple. This one turned out nice. I gave a few bottles away last night to a few mates. Sort of regretting that decision now. 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

Cheers, Red.
Just a simple Coopers APA, BE2 and a steep of Pride of Ringwood hops.
All my beers are quite simple. This one turned out nice. I gave a few bottles away last night to a few mates. Sort of regretting that decision now. 😄

Yeah mate I’m only a K & K brewer, no worries there, you work with what you have & can afford with time & money, totally understand that.

The 4 in the keezer ATM are a Stone & Wood Clone, Morgan’s Pacific Ale, Rasberry & Lime  Cider and a NZ Export Pilsner, 2 more chilling in the other fridge for Xmas, gotta keep the stocks up 😜😜

Irish Red Ale & a Hefeweizen currently in the fermenting fridge due for kegging later in the week for Xmas, gotta keep the stocks up, my rellies love a cold beer so been brewing constantly over the last 2 months, have a pool so Xmas at my joint 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah mate I’m only a K & K brewer, no worries there, you work with what you have & can afford with time & money, totally understand that.

The 4 in the keezer ATM are a Stone & Wood Clone, Morgan’s Pacific Ale, Rasberry & Lime  Cider and a NZ Export Pilsner, 2 more chilling in the other fridge for Xmas, gotta keep the stocks up 😜😜

Irish Red Ale & a Hefeweizen currently in the fermenting fridge due for kegging later in the week for Xmas, gotta keep the stocks up, my rellies love a cold beer so been brewing constantly over the last 2 months, have a pool so Xmas at my joint 😃

Jeez mate! You don't mind a bit of variety, do you? Hahahaaa.
But you're right. You gotta keep the stocks up. 🙂 

I have a few stock standards now, S & W, Hefeweizen & NZ Export Pilsner, the others I just experiment etc, great fun & good rewards and a sh#t load cheaper the buying beer, going to modify a Soda Stream coke or lemonade extract and try a soft drink in my keg 😜

cheers & good brewing 🍺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

I have a few stock standards now, S & W, Hefeweizen & NZ Export Pilsner, the others I just experiment etc, great fun & good rewards and a sh#t load cheaper the buying beer, going to modify a Soda Stream coke or lemonade extract and try a soft drink in my keg 😜

cheers & good brewing 🍺

I just carbonate water in a keg and mix it with cordials or whatever in the glass. Easy as and no faffing around modifying shit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Between you and Paddy I think we've found the most unhandymen in Australia 🤣🤣🤣

This is something I will not argue with, Otto. I am a DIY superdud.
I've managed to get by in life with the assistance of some very handy friends and acquaintances. Combining them with my high degree of DILLIGAF and life has been good to me so far.  (Thanks Joe Walsh 😄

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I just carbonate water in a keg and mix it with cordials or whatever in the glass. Easy as and no faffing around modifying shit. 

Ok, Otto my idea was to put the solution eg- coke or lemonade etc into the keg with water & carbonate would that work ? 

Yeah but you need a shitload of gas because the SG is higher, I've done it before and it took a week on 40psi just to carbonate it. Decided after one keg it wasn't worth it, partly because of that and partly because it's an entire keg of one drink. With soda water I can mix up whatever I like in the glass. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah but you need a shitload of gas because the SG is higher, I've done it before and it took a week on 40psi just to carbonate it. Decided after one keg it wasn't worth it, partly because of that and partly because it's an entire keg of one drink. With soda water I can mix up whatever I like in the glass. 

Cheers for the tip mate, most appreciated 😃

I've just discovered a minor setback with the ferment fridge set up. At first I was happy because my 60 litre FV fitted in it. However, it only fits on the lowest shelf. There's some components of the door that won't allow the door to close if the FV is in a higher position. I reckon it's going to be too low to bottle from that shelf and I'm not keen on lifting 40-50 litres of wort to a higher spot.
Looks like I'm buying a second Coopers FV. Sheesh! How deep does this rabbit hole go? 😄 

• Haha 1