Coopers Community

A new fermenter would be nice in the next 24 hours ...

King Ruddager

Yeah, I'd rather a Coopers FV than a blue tank with threads for bacteria to get caught in.
Do I pay $52 and order NOW or just order one at full price $50 and wait for a free shipping offer? Not really a tough choice.

Memo to Coopers Marketing:
You'll need to do better than that.

12 hours ago, MUZZY said:

with threads for bacteria to get caught in.

Don't know what you mean by that. The beer isn't in contact with any threads. And if you mean the lid (prior to this Coopers FV all had a screw on lid of some description), if your cleaning/sanitising is up to scratch, it wouldn't make a difference.

Plenty go with similar style FV and use cling wrap over the top so they can see it, or just turn the lid back a quarter to allow gas to escape.

6 minutes ago, Dozer71 said:

Don't know what you mean by that. The beer isn't in contact with any threads. And if you mean the lid (prior to this Coopers FV all had a screw on lid of some description), if your cleaning/sanitising is up to scratch, it wouldn't make a difference.

Plenty go with similar style FV and use cling wrap over the top so they can see it, or just turn the lid back a quarter to allow gas to escape.

I have both; the Coopers DIY FV and the blue one from Bunnings (using the glad wrap method).

Both work perfectly well. I like the Coopers one, it's a nifty design. But the beer is fine from both.

I recently enquirer about buying a new fermenter from Coopers and was told they were not sold as a seperate item only available in complete brew kit. I was surprised to get an email detailing the sale price. I ordered one and received it today but wasn't impressed with the freight cost.

1 hour ago, captncruise said:

I recently enquirer about buying a new fermenter from Coopers and was told they were not sold as a seperate item only available in complete brew kit. I was surprised to get an email detailing the sale price. I ordered one and received it today but wasn't impressed with the freight cost.

I find the Coopers web site terrible to find stuff on, I know what is there so I persevere until I find it.

There isn't that many stock items, it could be a hell of a lot easier.  I'm not an IT illiterate.

21 hours ago, Marvin said:

I find the Coopers web site terrible to find stuff on, I know what is there so I persevere until I find it.

There isn't that many stock items, it could be a hell of a lot easier.  I'm not an IT illiterate.

A good example is that if you purchase any combination of 4x Mr Beer Craft Series cans in a single order you'll receive free shipping. If any other items are added to this order from outside the Craft Series category, standard delivery fees will apply. Offer valid until further notice. Delivery within Australia only. No Further discounts apply.

This message is buried a couple of clicks into the on-line store.  I think if more people knew about this offer, Coopers could sell many more Mr Beer Craft Cans.

There is regularly folks on the Forum who ask about where to get the Mr Beer cans.  Generally only LHBS's have them; and very rarely on special.  But if you can get them at the Coopers Club price and get free delivery for four cans, that is not a bad deal.  You can order pairs of Mr Beer cans and do double batches of recipes.

The four Mr Beer cans deal should be on the Brewing Extracts first page.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, James of Bayswater said:

How's this for a deal :

$19.95 30 litre fermenter (sans tap,grommet and air lock)
FREE Whitelabs yeast (one per customer) while stocks last (Usually $12.95)
$17.50 Delivery to Sth Australia.

$37.45  Total

here

Thanks for posting this, James.
Although l didn't purchase it, it did lead me to a well priced 60 litre FV.
I'm about to double my output! 🙂 

It is a top shop Muzzy and it is only about 2km from my place - but they don't do over the counter, it is all online - and I hate paying delivery for stuff that I could pick up on my bike

(although admittedly carrying a 60 litre fermenter on my bike would be a challenge...)

The 60 liter fermenter is a top deal though.  And the free Whitelabs yeast offer still applies.

43 minutes ago, James of Bayswater said:

It is a top shop Muzzy and it is only about 2km from my place - but they don't do over the counter, it is all online - and I hate paying delivery for stuff that I could pick up on my bike

(although admittedly carrying a 60 litre fermenter on my bike would be a challenge...)

The 60 liter fermenter is a top deal though.  And the free Whitelabs yeast offer still applies.

I'm quite excited at the prospect of doubling production. I can't wait for it to arrive.

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, captncruise said:

I bought a standalone 23L Coopers fermenter late last year. Hope they haven't changed their policy because I was going to buy another soon.

Archived