Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Here is another one from Malbygg. Gimli is a vanilla sour with Cherries. Less tart than the previous one and quite easy to drink. Iceland has some very nice beers to offer, besides Gull 🤮. Not bad for a country where beer was illegal until 1989. They caught up well. 
IMG_9107.thumb.jpeg.ebdcf017249f0015f76898b5422aebcb.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Flamingo by Malbygg. It’s a strawberry, pineapple and marshmallows sour. Very sour, not overbearing with strawberry and pineapple flavours but good to drink on a hot summer day. The problem is, here in Akureyri, a typical summer day is between 11 and 13C and rainy. This is stout and Glühwein weather 😀 

IMG_9106.thumb.jpeg.3e1bbe7b53f5a382ae7133105b23e499.jpeg

It feels like Iceland here at Glenelg North ATM. Clipped_image_20230702_084303.thumb.png.f187cf7a3f864a183c24bd8aa8a00075.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a busy day yesterday, 3 lots of visitors in one day! I had a few stouts with next door & afterwards another brought some Crown Lager which is pleasing as most people just turn up as they know I have beer on tap. Then on the Red wine, after I crawled into the kitchen & managed a rather messy pizza.

20230701_174246[1].jpg

20230702_155041.jpg

20230702_181149.jpg

20230702_201822.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 2:58 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Here is another one from Malbygg. Gimli is a vanilla sour with Cherries. Less tart than the previous one and quite easy to drink. Iceland has some very nice beers to offer, besides Gull 🤮. Not bad for a country where beer was illegal until 1989. They caught up well. 
IMG_9107.thumb.jpeg.ebdcf017249f0015f76898b5422aebcb.jpeg

Beer was illegal in Iceland?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, stquinto said:

A few tastings on a work trip.

Nice New England-style IPA, an average sour, and a pretty decent Imperial Stout. And an American Pale. 
Some hotel room beers, others out and about…

Fairly decent selection Squinta, they look rather nice, what country is that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Fairly decent selection Squinta, they look rather nice, what country is that?

Still in Switzerland mate, up in the Jura mountains.  Lovely place, but every bugger goes to bed at 10PM pretty much 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am almost too scared to attempt another pour of this AG brewed Eclipse XPA as I fear the end is nigh, well in the keg that is.

This is at its peak; I couldn't want any better from a relatively young AG career.

I have another batch to get started & I ain't going to change a thing.

AGECLIPSEXPA.thumb.jpg.cd53c3f4baefa1d97a574459ef093315.jpg

I just realised I put this in the wrong thread, but it's done now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am almost too scared to attempt another pour of this AG brewed Eclipse XPA as I fear the end is nigh, well in the keg that is.

This is at its peak; I couldn't want any better from a relatively young AG career.

I have another batch to get started & I ain't going to change a thing.

AGECLIPSEXPA.thumb.jpg.cd53c3f4baefa1d97a574459ef093315.jpg

Nice 🍺

even it the wrong thread

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 4:40 PM, Pale Man said:

My new job, and passion. I work as a track maintainer now. Its so much fun. Out in the bush fixing track, taking in the serenity. Also in and out of the steelworks. No day is the same. Its a cracking job. Physical at times, its getting me back into shape. No more shte nightshift. I'm as happy as a pig rolling in dung stuff.

That sounds like a great job.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 7:09 AM, Kegory said:

Beer was illegal in Iceland?

Yes. Thanks to the temperance movement, they decided to prohibit alcohol in the early 20th century but in the 20s, Spain said they won’t deal with Iceland unless they buy their wine in return. So wine was back on the menu and spirits back in the 30s but it was feared beer would lead to depravity and thus remained illegal until March 1989. 01/03 is celebrated as “beer day”. Hard to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Living nearly half my life 79 km close to the Polish border I thought it was time to try one of theirs. Probably shouldn’t have had it after the Stout but I am sure it’s a nice drop

IMG_7118.jpeg

IMG_7121.jpeg

It's really good IMO. It's got bite & kick but I wouldn't put it after a Stout, either.

• Like 3

Even so it was half price, this one was a waste of money. The flavour is actually not too bad but it feels so thin, no mouthfeel at all, it feels like drinking flavoured water.Also can’t find any information where it is being made , somewhere in Germany, but Germany is big. It’s owned by United Dutch Brewers and probably made for the export market promoted as being “German Beer brewed after the purity law”.At least the label is colourful 

IMG_7127.jpeg

IMG_7125.jpeg

IMG_7124.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

34 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Even so it was half price, this one was a waste of money. The flavour is actually not too bad but it feels so thin, no mouthfeel at all, it feels like drinking flavoured water.Also can’t find any information where it is being made , somewhere in Germany, but Germany is big. It’s owned by United Dutch Brewers and probably made for the export market promoted as being “German Beer brewed after the purity law”.At least the label is colourful 

IMG_7127.jpeg

IMG_7125.jpeg

IMG_7124.jpeg

Yeah, good artwork on the cans but it is the taste of the beer you really want.