Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

8 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Advent calendar, day 20: Dark Red IPA by Six String Brewing. Not bad for an IPA as I would say 😀 Bitterness is right in IPA territory and so is the ABV. I do like what the darker malts bring to the table though. Good to drink…for an IPA 😀

IMG_9694.thumb.jpeg.c55a90e44c30d185a4b609e101cb74f0.jpeg

How many cans do those packs hold AK? It says day 20 so must be like a regular carton, sounds like a blast.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

How many cans do those packs hold AK? It says day 20 so must be like a regular carton, sounds like a blast.

Traditionally, advent calendars have 24 days, in the English speaking world, 25 because of Xmas day. Mainland Europe mainly celebrates Xmas on Xmas eve, hence the 24.

It is a good thing. It’s a different beer every day and you never know what you get…unless you peek 😀 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Aussiekraut I thought u blokes must be putting them in the fridge days in advance. Wow that is an interesting way to do it. Does it have instructions suggesting that way?

On top of the beer in the box is a cover with the respective days printed on it and you just pick the one for the day. I take it out in the morning and put it in the fridge for for having it later.

• Like 5

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar - Day 21 - Aether Brewing - Lemongrass Kolsch

• Tiny bit of lemon aroma
  • Similar proportion of lemon zest in the taste
  • Fairly clean flavour
  • Very mild bitterness
  • Delivers what it says
  • Better than some of the earlier similar Pilsners so I have to score it higher 7.5/10

IMG_4146.thumb.JPG.a38a959f8bc58077f6febe16f2517272.JPG

• Like 8

Not a Beer Cartel Calendar beer:

Pirate Life - Sunlit - Aussie Wheat Ale - I got the four pack for $10.20 because it was just passed its best before

• Mild tropical aroma
  • Also a subtle tropical flavour
  • Froth disappeared almost immediately, which is weird for a wheat beer
  • Seems to have a minerally aftertaste, like salt
  • I am happy with it, Sunlit is a very appropriate name
  • 7/10

IMG_4148.thumb.JPG.243fc66e3a9fa55af18de74912a1ead6.JPG

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Not a Beer Cartel Calendar beer:

Pirate Life - Sunlit - Aussie Wheat Ale - I got the four pack for $10.20 because it was just passed its best before

• Mild tropical aroma
  • Also a subtle tropical flavour
  • Froth disappeared almost immediately, which is weird for a wheat beer
  • Seems to have a minerally aftertaste, like salt
  • I am happy with it, Sunlit is a very appropriate name
  • 7/10

IMG_4148.thumb.JPG.243fc66e3a9fa55af18de74912a1ead6.JPG

That is the one beer from them that I don't like, it didn't seem to have any body for a what beer with no head.

Advent calendar, day 21: Hazy Ale by Broulee Brewhouse. Nice and fruity pale ale with a bit over the top bitterness. I like it but it still follows the hazy craze. I’d have more if I could though. 

I seem to have deleted the actual beer pic, so the can it is 😀

IMG_9707.thumb.jpeg.24749ed3bdf81b5285fe9c809b1408fa.jpeg

• Like 5

Advent calendar, day 22: Super Cool Lager by Philter. It’s a nice, clean no-frills lager, straight to the point, just as it should be. However it is a little bland to be honest. This is the type of beer that put me off lagers for a while. “Crisp and clean@ doesn’t mean it can’t have some hop flavours or a more complex grain bill to give it some excitement? Even some nice hop flavour don’t go astray. Too many breweries seem to think lager=bland. It’s a shame really.  Are a stand for the lager! 

IMG_9705.thumb.jpeg.0f1e365381ec6cdd642977c625c83c55.jpeg

• Like 3