Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

INITIAL BREWING AIP 4.5% ABV

I grabbed a six-pack of these for $18.00 from Dan Murphy's but I should have checked the back of the can, you guessed it, distributed by Pinnacle Drinks apparently brewed by Tribe Brewing along with a few other brands in Melbourne.

It is not a full-bodied IPA, not in the same class as Coopers but it is drinkable, nothing to write home about but I won't be buying it again, it has that same "twang" that most cheap beers have, lacking a malty backbone, loaded with hops to disguise the overall body of the beer & honestly the so-called bitterness is somewhat like you would get with a Lifesavers Fruit Tingle, it fades fast.

I have made both extract & AG versions of many IPA's & they would disgrace this. IMO.

Anyway, it was $3.00 a can. 🙂

QUOTE:

An easy-drinking Indian Pale Ale that is straightforward and uncomplicated but far from basic. Perfectly balanced and full of flavour, the taste speaks for itself. If you like floral, earth, citrus and fruit notes with edgy bitter and hoppiness, this beer is for you.

Initial IPA.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:24 PM, Red devil 44 said:

Young Henry’s Hazy XPA, not too bad (dunno about the South Sydney Rabbitohs part 🤣)

Go for a 7/10

IMG_2332.jpeg

Nearly got myself one today, as I like Young Henry’s brews, but couldn’t do it. I might live in Rabbitoh’s lands but I am a Roosters supporter, ha ha🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2023 at 8:14 AM, Kegory said:

Little Creatures make very good beers. Their IPA was really top notch but they replaced it with a hazy IPA which isn't bad, per se', but I reckon the IPA was better.

Took up your recommendation, your right, it’s not bad at all, could be a bit hoppier so.

IMG_8411.jpeg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Classic Brewing Co you can even tell by the basic can its been done on the cheap side. What i cannot understand though is the cheapness of grain compared to hops per kilogram. 

Then all these so called craft beers now skimp on the body of the beer but hop it up 🤔

That place is fine if you just want beer, obviously kegged it tastes much better, they were canning in front of us, it serves its purpose for those that just want an average beer.

The 500ml cans are only $4 each or 6 for $20.

I have been busy so I just got a keg filled until I can fire up the Brewzilla. 

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Okish. Ingredients say has dextrose and hop oil. It's drinkable.

20231118_143335.jpg

I've had that quite a few times over the years but it leaves me with what I thought of at the time as a kind of nutty after taste. Did you get that? How would you describe it?

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Geez, you get around RD, looks pretty good to me. 🍺

The bride doesn’t drink, so we had a bit of a trade off, few brewery visits for me, and I took her shopping at Harbourtown and gave her spending money 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️, everyone is happy all round. 

• Haha 3