Coopers Community

Airlocks: Clearing the C02 Air!

Some perspective guys:

mountain-or-molehill-350x280.jpg

It has all been blown out of proportion. I have no problems with Lusty generating debate, provided he doesn't mind receiving counter arguments.

The main issue is liberal use of the term "FACT" when "OPINION" was more appropriate [innocent]

Anyway, it is hardly the most controversial topic to get all fired up over. Save your fights for something important.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the people over at AHB refuse to change their thoughts on anything tho. I really liked that forum but a few wankers on it wreck it for the whole community.

A lot of good information but unfortunately a few people who wreck it for the rest. A Lusty x 10, I think he was just trying to stir the pot a little.

BTW the $1.30 it cost me for Homebrand cling wrap isn't a cost that I think will break the bank, especially since I use it for around 60 brews.

A good way to test it would be to make 2 separate beers at the same time with the same procedures, bottle most of it and see how long it takes for the batches to go sour. Then decide if it makes a great deal of differance

Most people understand that' date=' but some still prefer to attack the person, not the subject. [/quote']

I usually try to avoid your more trollish posts but sometimes I can\u2019t stand it any more and have to say something. I don\u2019t wish to attack you but some of the stuff you roll out as fact just clearly isn\u2019t so. You can\u2019t keep throwing us exploding turds and telling us to lighten up because you put sparkles on them.

It doesn\u2019t matter how many times you use bold, italics and underline it doesn\u2019t make it fact. The subject is far from inflammatory it is just the presentation and lies that are a bit much.

My position is well documented but I don\u2019t really care what others chose to do\u2026. getting worked up about airlocks is more of a tongue in cheek thing for me.

Save your fights for something important.

Fair call hairy, but things always seem petty until someone loses an eye [biggrin]

BTW the $1.30 it cost me for Homebrand cling wrap isn't a cost that I think will break the bank, especially since I use it for around 60 brews.

A good way to test it would be to make 2 separate beers at the same time with the same procedures, bottle most of it and see how long it takes for the batches to go sour. Then decide if it makes a great deal of differance

i think this is the sort of response and discussion Lusty was after...

My two bobs worth...

I started with the old style fermenter & used the airlock for the first two brews. It bubbled very occassionally during the first brew & I worried I had done something wrong with the brew.

After a lot of reading on here & other places I assumed I had done everything I could to prepare a good, clean brew.

I changed to gladwrap on brew no.3 and noticed no difference with the outcome & it resulted in a couple of things less to clean up after the brew was bottled.

I bought a new DIY kit when they were on special at KMart & now use my old FV for bulk priming.

It is interesting that Coopers have done away with airlocks, if they are such an important piece of brewing apparatus.

I remember PB2 (I think) posting on here that an airlock will bubble if the air pressure inside the FV is higher than outside even if the brew has completed fermenting. This can happen with a change of temperature in the room the fermenter is in.

Finally the cost of gladwrap would only be a consideration it I was also considering the cost of the light running in the kitchen & wear & tear on the tap washer in the sink. I did't buy rubber bands to hold the gladwrap on, I used the rubber seal from the lid, on advice from fellow forum members, again keeping the costs down.

I have to agree, if a new brewer reads a post with all those FACTS, they would probably treat them as gospel & may even worry that their new brewing setup doesn't have an airlock.

This subject always seem to raise it's ugly head {pardon the punt};right or wrong who gives a f*** do what you have success with.To Anthony who just likes to post S*** so he can post more than others,it seems like,try your ideas on your friends (acquaintanes)because you would have no friends.Post only when you have somethink to offer to the forum.

lol you killed him [biggrin]

It is the Brewing Blether forum and he is the king of bletherers

The King is Dead!

Long live the King!

But who will be crowned now?

You are a funny B Hairy[lol] [lol]

It should all be wound up before the end of January, 2013.

After that's all wound up, I have one more topic I'll have some research on by then, that I would like to air on the forum, then that will be it from me.

Cheers,

Anthony.

This appears to be all part of a premeditated sting [roll] .

I'm disappointed on a couple of points

1. There will be no feedback on my Styx River Pale Ale

2. We will not get to hear how good Hairy's Galaxy OS Lager is.

I am stoked that Lusty gave my Styx River Pale a go, and I also feel it a compliment that Lusty has chosen to emulate my burn strategy (***** stands for Scott), albeit under totally different circumstances.

Lusty was mostly alright excepting those posts after 10pm, when he'd obviously had too many full strength homies. He obviously enjoys forum life, and in memory of Lusty the winner of the next comp will be the forum member who correctly identifies Lusty's new forum handle, I think he'll be back the question is how much can he change his MO [unsure].

Where to from here[alien]

Pfff, dont feel too bad, you get out what you put in, Mr star (repeated) has certainly got that, in the short time he has been here he has generated loads of emotion, not all of it good.

this place was/is a place of friendly banter where 'good' information can be had... Without the attitude.. Damn there has been ALOT of mis-information and attitude..

I dont feel that bad about it, just sorry for.

Archived