Coopers Community

Airlocks: Clearing the C02 Air!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows. I thought he was funny at times too. It's the other end of the scale; the Sergeant Major attitude and random theories or opinions passed off as actual facts with seemingly no basis that I daresay is what annoyed people, and rightly. Like Yob's sig says, test the theory. Experiment. If the findings support the theory, then sure, it can probably be considered fact. Otherwise it's just a theory with no backup. It's exactly what I've been doing with my brewfridge and my findings have backed up my theory, as posted in the STC1000 thread. So I'm happy with my decided method.

It's hard enough for new brewers as it is to not worry that their brew won't work without someone posting a heap of unsubstantiated "factual claims" all over a brewing forum designed to help them.

We all know Lusty had his moments, both good and not so good. But overall I had no major problem with him.

I can understand how people would get frustrated/angry with him but I also found him funny. Take the first post of this thread. I disagreed with pretty much all of it, especially the disclosure of facts, but it also cracked me up.

I don't know if he was being controversial on purpose (probably yes) but it created discussion.

Will he be back? Who knows. I got the impression that he had a pretty thick skin (that got thinner after 10pm [innocent] ) so maybe.

It will definitely be a bit quieter and less controversial around here for a while.

And damn it, who is going to give me my award now for making the lager kit a tiny bit drinkable? [biggrin]

Do you really think he's gone?[unsure] I thought he was funny. Oh' date=' well.[/quote']

Of course he'll be back. He's probably sitting back and feeling quite chuffed at all the commotion he has stirred up. You dont have to be Einstein to know to know that thats part of his MO. And theres nothing wrong with that! the world would be a pretty vanilla place with out a few good old shitstirrers.

Reading between the lines, no one wants him to dissappear as he can be farking good value...

Watch this space, we may well see him do a Dame Nellie...thats if he has gone in the first place

We all know Lusty had his moments, both good and not so good. But overall I had no major problem with him.

I can understand how people would get frustrated/angry with him but I also found him funny. Take the first post of this thread. I disagreed with pretty much all of it, especially the disclosure of facts, but it also cracked me up.

I don't know if he was being controversial on purpose (probably yes) but it created discussion.

Will he be back? Who knows. I got the impression that he had a pretty thick skin (that got thinner after 10pm [innocent] ) so maybe.

It will definitely be a bit quieter and less controversial around here for a while.

And damn it, who is going to give me my award now for making the lager kit a tiny bit drinkable? [biggrin]

awwww ok Hairy your prize is a week at Neds Cavern..Ulladulla[cool]

p1100364v.jpg

I just thought I'd post these pictures of all the different styles of FV's that I use. That's right folks! That's 5 FV's going at once.

1. Ginger Beer (K&B)

2. Porter (AG)

3. Hopping Mild Amber (AG)

4. Big Island IPA (K&B)

5. Red Wine (kit)

So there really is more one ways to skin a cat![cool]

p1100366i.jpg

This is a brew I put down yesterday. I don't normally use the glass carboys for a primary but I thought I'd give it a try this time because of this thread. As I type the airlock is merrily bubbling away and the turbulence inside the clear glass is a cool sight to see![biggrin]

Just helped a mate set up his new (new) S/H DIY Kit last night. We put down a standard APA using BE2, I explained to him about the importance of sanitization, correct temperature range,and the signs and stages of fermentation. All went well, we pitched the kit yeast at 22c, screwed on the lid topped up the airlock and within 25mins the airlock started "plopping"!. The look of amazement & joy on his (& the kids) faces...priceless.![wink]

Just noticed his name changed to Guest and only has about 15 posts.[lol]

Who was BeerLust [unsure], I am starting to think its a conspiracy, That BeerLust was the Mole [biggrin]

Pedantic as always I checked out the Guest/******** poster. Certainly more than 15 posts and certainly none that go back to 2009 [alien] .

On the front page of the forum the topic starter is still ******** then at the thread the poster is Guest. ******** is greyed out and you when you hover your mouse over Guest you can not check the user's profile, where is the twilight zone smiley [alien] [lol].

I also checked out the other burnt identity ***** belonging to yours truly, it remains unchanged [alien] [alien] [alien] .

Who was BeerLust [unsure], I am starting to think its a conspiracy, That BeerLust was the Mole [biggrin]

Pedantic as always I checked out the Guest/******** poster. Certainly more than 15 posts and certainly none that go back to 2009 [alien] .

On the front page of the forum the topic starter is still ******** then at the thread the poster is Guest. ******** is greyed out and you when you hover your mouse over Guest you can not check the user's profile, where is the twilight zone smiley [alien] [lol].

I also checked out the other burnt identity ***** belonging to yours truly, it remains unchanged [alien] [alien] [alien] .

Maybe if a member asks to have his profile completely deleted his old posts automatically default to guest. PB2 might shed some light on this....or Skully and Moulder[alien]

[biggrin]

I have been a slack lately and not posting silly comments on peoples threads. So I will make up for it.

My missus wishes we had an airlock so we could clear the CH4 air [bandit]

CH4 is methane to save you looking it up

hahaha thats what Deb says

I noticed that the Coopers site was off the air this morning. Well Google couldn't find the site. I wonder if Mr Beer had anything to do with that.

PS Airlocks ....... Humbug

Archived