Coopers Community

What bands / artists have you seen live over the years ?

On 5/7/2024 at 4:09 PM, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Growing up in Europe I had the opportunity to see many bands in their prime, like

• my first show Pink Floyd's Animals Tour
  • Yes
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Frank Zappa
  • Scorpions
  • Police's first tour outside the UK in German ambient musician Eberhard Schoener's band, playing their own set in the middle of the show
  • Defunkt
  • Steve Coleman and the Five Elements
  • Steve Hillage 
  • Jan Garbarek with Shankar, Trilok Gurtu and Nana Vasconcelos
  • Pat Metheny
  • Egberto Gismonti Quartet
  • and various German and European Bands, too many to remember
  • In Oz I saw
  • Santana
  • Miles Davies
  • Prince twice
  • Jimmy Cliff
  • The Wailers
  • The Neville Brothers
  • Kamasi Washington
  • Brazilian Artists Gilberto Gil twice
  • Marisa Monte
  • Jorge Ben
  • Marcelo D2
  • Seu Jorge
  • Airto Moreira
  • O Rappa
  • Olodum
  • John Mc Laughlin
  • Angelique Kidjou
  • Yothu Yindi
  • Manu Chao

and lot's of local Bands

I love music and still like to catch a good show here and there. Was five year involved doing the food for the Starfish Club, a monthly music event with lot's of the Finest Jazz talents in Australia, like Jonathon Zwarts, Hamish Stewart, Mike Bukowski, James Greening, James Muller, Carl Orr, the late Jacky Orzarsky and many ,many more 

Would have loved to see Yothu Yindi and for some reason, I never saw the Scorpions. I had tickets for the Scorpions/Whitesnake double header up here in 2020 but Meine had a kidney stone issue at the time and a week later, the country shut down because of Covid. I'd go and see Scorps given a chance, even though they made some rather embarrassing albums throughout the 90s and 00s. 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2024 at 8:41 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Well, this will be a long list I think 🙂 At least if I can remember all of them.

D.R.I.
In Flames
Kreator (2x)
Sepultura
Cattle Decapitation
Satyricon
Mayhem (2x)
Iron Maiden (4x)
Alestorm (2x)
AC/DC
Saxon
Magnum
Kiss
Marillion (2x)
BAP (3x)
Cradle of Filth (3x)
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquility

Accept
Lagerstein (10+x)
The Living End
My Chemical Romance
Bad Religion (3x)
NoFX
Metallica
Slayer
Dimmu Borgir
The Offspring
Green Day
Anti-Flag (2x)
Testament
Anthrax
David Lee Roth
Gary Moore
Queen (once with Freddy and once with Adam Lambert)
Die Toten Hosen (3x)
Venom Inc.
Deep Purple
Insomnium
Cold Chisel
The Bay City Rollers
Queensrÿche
Mötley Crüe
Motörhead
Geoff Tate
The Rolling Stones
Bullet for my Valentine (3x)
Linking Park
Black Sabbath
Jimmy Barnes
Sham 69 (2x)
The Business
The Iron Maidens
Arch Enemy (2x)
Amon Amarth
Ozzy Osbourne
Blink 182
Pennywise
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Clout
The Spider Murphy Gang
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu
Sabaton
Valhalore
Destruction
Kalmah
Be'Lakor
Blasphemy

And a helluva lot more than I can't think of atm. Lots of local and smaller Aussie acts, too many to list. As you can probably guess, I love my Metal and Punk with a little sprinkle of other things mixed in. I missed a few concerts like Overkill, when a broken tap flooded the house or when I realised the concert I was going to go to was on the previous day, not when I was getting ready 🙂 More recently, I had a ticket for Behemoth but was sick. The Scorpions and Whitesnake doubleheader was cancelled 2 days before the show and then Covid hit. I had 7 tickets for shows that were all postponed or outright cancelled. I still have a ticket for Abbath, which was postponed a few times and still is. I think they're coming toward the end of the year and the ticket is still valid. 

Got a few more additions to the list: Revocation, Suffocation, Jungle Rot and Rotting Christ. I'm also going to see Cradle of Filth for the 4th time in September and in August I'll see Triumph of Death. Skàlmöld from Iceland is on in January. Looking forward to that one. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Would have loved to see Yothu Yindi and for some reason, I never saw the Scorpions. I had tickets for the Scorpions/Whitesnake double header up here in 2020 but Meine had a kidney stone issue at the time and a week later, the country shut down because of Covid. I'd go and see Scorps given a chance, even though they made some rather embarrassing albums throughout the 90s and 00s. 

Yothu Yindi at Paddington RSL was magic. Scorpions at Neue Welt in Berlin in the late Seventies with both Schenker brothers was the loudest show I’ve ever been to.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Got a few more additions to the list: Revocation, Suffocation, Jungle Rot and Rotting Christ. I'm also going to see Cradle of Filth for the 4th time in September and in August I'll see Triumph of Death. Skàlmöld from Iceland is on in January. Looking forward to that one. 

The names of your metal bands are something else @Aussiekraut! II looked up Rotting Christ on Wikipedia to educate myself. The guitars are alright, but the vocals - not for me. Anyway I couldn't understand the words 😆.

Here is a bluesy Australian rock band from the early 70's I have been enjoyed on Youtube recently. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, jennyss said:

The names of your metal bands are something else @Aussiekraut! II looked up Rotting Christ on Wikipedia to educate myself. The guitars are alright, but the vocals - not for me. Anyway I couldn't understand the words 😆.

Here is a bluesy Australian rock band from the early 70's I have been enjoyed on Youtube recently. 

Have a look at the crossfire by Stevie Ray vaughn

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jennyss said:

Sounds like something out of Blues Brothers 🙂 Not bad but the singer looks a little grumpy 🙂 

Oh, the black metal vocals aren't usually that bad. Mainly raspy and shrieky. Death metal or variants thereof usually come with the deep guttural death growl, which is like full-on. But with Rotting Christ, I am not surprised you don't understand the lyrics because most of their songs are in Greek, not that one would notice 🙂 

As for band names, yes, some are a little "unusual". How about F**k...I'm dead! or Fit for an Autopsy? There is also Infant Annihilator. Not sure if that is an annihilator of infants or an annihilator that is still an infant 🙂 

How about this one? It's an Australian Grindcore band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, Brauhaus Fritz II said:

Yothu Yindi at Paddington RSL was magic. Scorpions at Neue Welt in Berlin in the late Seventies with both Schenker brothers was the loudest show I’ve ever been to.

Deep purple loudest ever for me

• Like 4

9 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

the loudest show I’ve ever been to.

Kevin Borich Express was the loudest show I ever went to; in a small upstairs bar. I had to leave - ears hurting!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Kevin Borich Express was the loudest show I ever went to; in a small upstairs bar. I had to leave - ears hurting!

Motörhead once played so loud at a show in the States that the ceiling of the venue developed cracks and bits of concrete fell onto the audience 🙂 Not sure if it was just the band's volume or if the building was dodgy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Guns and Roses

Crowded House

Living End

Noiseworks

Angels

Cold Chisel

Screaming Jets

Baby Animals

Hoodu Gurus

Teskey Brothers

Killing Heidi

Super Jesus

Midnight oil

Mondo Rock

Jet

Chocolate Starfish

Choir Boys

Pseudo Echo

Hunters And Collecters

The Black Sorrows

Jimmy Barnes x 5

Suzie Quatro

James Reyne

Mark Seymore

Linda and Vicka

Toni Childs

Daryl Braithwaite

Wendy Mathews

Xavier Rudd

John Stevens

Paul Kelly

Ian Moss

Richard Clapton

John Williamson

The list goes on I've forgotten quite a few. Going to see Iron Maiden in September.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 5

Adding this to my line up for this year at the Adelaide Super Cars 500. Cruel Sea and Super Jesus warm up acts. Looking forward to hearing Cruel Sea.

Chisel.webp

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Adding this to my line up for this year at the Adelaide Super Cars 500. Cruel Sea and Super Jesus warm up acts. Looking forward to hearing Cruel Sea.

Chisel.webp

The Superjesus is also an under-rated Aussie rock band well worth seeing.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2024 at 8:57 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

The Superjesus is also an under-rated Aussie rock band well worth seeing.

I have seen them live once, and yes very good. Under rated hugely.

• Like 1

Just on the subject everyone. What bands would you have loved to see live, but haven't or cant for whatever reason. Off the top of my head I'd give a kidney if I could have seen these.

ELO

Divinyls

Fleetwood Mac ( with Stevie )

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Pink Floyd

Black Sabbath

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Just on the subject everyone. What bands would you have loved to see live, but haven't or cant for whatever reason. Off the top of my head I'd give a kidney if I could have seen these.

ELO

Divinyls

Fleetwood Mac ( with Stevie )

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Pink Floyd

Black Sabbath

Nice switch on the question.  Some I would have loved to have seen are

• Divinyls
  • The Angels with Doc Neeson
  • INXS
  • Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads
  • Fastway
  • Dio
  • Johnny Cash
  • Quiet Riot
  • Van Halen

Some I that might be possible to see but will probably not happen are:

• WASP
  • Saxon
  • Anvil
  • Twisted Sister
  • Whitesnake
  • Accept
  • Scorpions
  • Spinal Tap
  • Manowar
  • Exciter
  • Raven
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Pale Man said:

What a night. What a band. Thankyou Iron Maiden. A tick off my bucket list. 

IMG_20240904_223511.jpg

IMG_20240904_212616.jpg

IMG_20240906_162226.jpg

Not on my bucket list, I am not into bands as such, County music is my favourite.

I understand we all like different things, so as long as you enjoyed it mate, that's the main thing.

I noticed the Stubby Holder. 🍺

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I must say, I am a little jealous. Especially because Killswitch Engage opened and they've been on my list for a long time.

KSE were bloody good. LOUD!!! but bloody good. Would pay to see them on their own. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Not on my bucket list, I am not into bands as such, County music is my favourite.

I understand we all like different things, so as long as you enjoyed it mate, that's the main thing.

I noticed the Stubby Holder. 🍺

Always buy a stubby holder and T for every concert. Yeah I understand Iron Maiden are not for everyone. I've loved them since early teens. My Mrs was not keen on going as she can't stand heavy music but she ended up having an absolute ball. They put on a great show. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Always buy a stubby holder and T for every concert. Yeah I understand Iron Maiden are not for everyone. I've loved them since early teens. My Mrs was not keen on going as she can't stand heavy music but she ended up having an absolute ball. They put on a great show. 

Yeah, I have never been one for bands & head-banging stuff, I have been to a few decent concerts in my time, mainly The Highwaymen, Barnsy, Rod Stewart & in the old days the Beatles, Billy Thorpe, Normie Rowe, The Platters (don't laugh) & lots of others but these days I am quite happy to watch YouTube in 4K on the big screen & run old stuff like Simon & Garfunkel, George Strait, Alan Jackson & heaps of others. I do like the Stones though.

• Like 1