Coopers Community

Help Needed with Inkbird ITC 308 Wifi.

Pale Man

Hey all you ink bird expert people. I'm having a struggle at the moment with wi-fi on my ITC 308.

Ive got a new phone and had to download the app again. Can't remember my old login to connect wifi with my new phone/app.

Ive googled, you tubed and can't get it happening.

It works fine manually but it would be nice to be able to control settings remotely again.

Any ideas my bretheren?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Hey all you ink bird expert people. I'm having a struggle at the moment with wi-fi on my ITC 308.

Ive got a new phone and had to download the app again. Can't remember my old login to connect wifi with my new phone/app.

Ive googled, you tubed and can't get it happening.

It works fine manually but it would be nice to be able to control settings remotely again.

Any ideas my bretheren?

If you cannot connect your new phone to your wifi because you do not have your wifi name and password, I think it's gonna be tricky.

You probably need to login to your router and maybe change its name and change the password to something else.  However, I am not sure how to do that.

Maybe @iBooz2, who is a bit of a computer genius can help.

I did have something similar a few weeks ago.  My Telstra modem died and we had to get a new one.  So it came with a new Wi-Fi name and new modem password.

Luckily, I still had the app on my existing phone.  However, the Inkbird would not connect to the new modem initially.  I accidentally found something called "AP" mode on the Inkbird.  From memory, it allows you to use your phone to make the connection, instead of trying to get the Inkbird to connect to the router.  One connection set-up mode the wifi LED flashes slowly and in the other mode it flashes quickly.  I do not remember which was which.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

If you cannot connect your new phone to your wifi because you do not have your wifi name and password, I think it's gonna be tricky.

You probably need to login to your router and maybe change its name and change the password to something else.  However, I am not sure how to do that.

I did have something similar a few weeks ago.  My Telstra modem died and we had to get a new one.  So it came with a new Wi-Fi name and new modem password.

Luckily, I still had the app on my existing phone.  However, the Inkbird would not connect to the new modem initially.  I accidentally found something called "AP" mode on the Inkbird.  From memory, it allows you to use your phone to make the connection, instead of trying to get the Inkbird to connect to the router.  One connection set-up mode the wifi LED flashes slowly and in the other mode it flashes quickly.  I do not remember which was which.

I have no luck so far connecting but I also found AP mode which allowed me to change to 2,4Ghz mode on my Samsung phone but it goes through the motions, flashing, progress meter etc. but I get the error message 'failed to connect, please try again.'

I found this link which may be helpful, but I will have to read it more.

https://community.inkbird.com/t/q-a-inkbird-wifi-product-connection-troubleshooting/152

22 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I'm confused. Are you having trouble connecting the WiFi to your new phone, or can't remember the login details for the inkbird app?

Cant remember the login details for the app, so ive downloaded it again on my new phone. I cant connect and run the inkbird on my new phone with new login.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I have my wifi connected to my phone, I just cant connect with the inkbird.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Any luck with yours @Classic Brewing Co  ?

Mine was an easy fix ( not to say yours will be )

I managed to do a re-set but yet to find out how to get the device to show in my available networks so I can choose the lower frequency.

It is not obviously rocket science & I understand the basics, but I need to identify what it is going to call itself in the list.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I managed to do a re-set but yet to find out how to get the device to show in my available networks so I can choose the lower frequency.

It is not obviously rocket science & I understand the basics, but I need to identify what it is going to call itself in the list.

Just a hint if you havent been doing so, when your app is searching for your device, hold the wifi button down on a fast flashing.

I had to hold it to keep it flashing fast while it was looking. Thats where I had my success.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pale Man said:

Just a hint if you havent been doing so, when your app is searching for your device, hold the wifi button down on a fast flashing.

I had to hold it to keep it flashing fast while it was looking. Thats where I had my success.

OK, Cheers I will try that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pale Man said:

The app also wanted me to enter my login for my wifi before the search, not sure if yours is asking this?

I tried it another 3 times, this time I did what you said, hold the Wi-Fi button down, it was faster searching, the light was flashing rapidly but still no connection.

the message I get says:

"Device not responding check demerit points and retry" - what the hell are demerit points?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I tried it another 3 times, this time I did what you said, hold the Wi-Fi button down, it was faster searching, the light was flashing rapidly but still no connection.

the message I get says:

"Device not responding check demerit points and retry" - what the hell are demerit points?

That was exactly the message I was getting before. Are you holding the wifi button down through the whole process? Also your modem needs to be in 4.2ghz. Mine was anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

That was exactly the message I was getting before. Are you holding the wifi button down through the whole process? Also your modem needs to be in 4.2ghz. Mine was anyway.

Yeah, it's set on the lower frequency & yes, I held the Wi-Fi button down.

I may have to go into the Router settings & configure it.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 11:36 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Correct.  Computer Engineer (retired).  Took me - Two years study at RMIT, six years at Box Hill Institute of Technology and then three years at Swinburne Institute.  Longer than a bloody doctor FFS!

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Correct.  Computer Engineer (retired).  Took me - Two years study at RMIT, six years at Box Hill Institute of Technology and then three years at Swinburne Institute.  Longer than a bloody doctor FFS!

Can ya throw Phil any advice fella. Got mine sorted pretty easily. He may have different issues.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

.  Took me - Two years study at RMIT, six years at Box Hill Institute of Technology and then three years at Swinburne Institute. 

Slow learner? 🤣

• Haha 3