Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

Pirate Life commemorative Lager. Celebrating 20 years since the 2004 Premiership. Very average. Not PLs best work. In fact it's sour. Pretty much how the game turned out today.

You could market this stuff as a sour. Why did I bother. Is it infected? Or Pirate Life taking the P$$

IMG_20240622_204801.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Pirate Life commemorative Lager. Celebrating 20 years since the 2004 Premiership. Very average. Not PLs best work. In fact it's sour. Pretty much how the game turned out today.

You could market this stuff as a sour. Why did I bother. Is it infected? Or Pirate Life taking the P$$

IMG_20240622_204801.jpg

I reckon some of their beers have taken a down turn (bit like Port Adelaide) sorry, couldn't resist that.

The Pale Ale I had from them recently was terrible. 

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I reckon some of their beers have taken a down turn (bit like Port Adelaide) sorry, couldn't resist that.

Pirate Life have jumped the shark imo. I think it all started when they were taken over? Too many beers pumping out. Not many are much cop these days.

Yes.....Port are Poo. Need a new coach badly.

21 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They should take a leaf out of Coopers book and have a stable of beers that are popular. Then maybe dabble in one or two out of the box to get a feel. Instead of flooding the market with crud.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ben 10 said:

Amber - sweet, malty... can taste the alcohol a liiiitle bit. Not overtly hoppy. Very nice, easy drinking beer.

PXL_20240622_034424954.thumb.jpg.afce127096432877af6aed2826722112.jpg

Porter. well balanced, I assume some rum or oak or something? Very very nice beer. It's a chilly 21c .

PXL_20240622_031142422.thumb.jpg.b86ecdacd93db450e4fe2cd0af568494.jpg

Really pleased the beers made the trip over to your neck of the woods in a drinkable condition and their ticklin ya taste buds cobber. 👏

FYI
Both the THE VOYAGE: AMBER ALE and CARIBBEAN PORTER are as per Coopers Recipe  without deviation, no added rum or use of oak with the Porter.

I must say I found the Porter to be a beautifully full bodied and flavoured beer - in fact I rated it the nicest Coopers recipe I’ve brewed to date ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

If you like a full coffee, toffee, chocolate goodness, then I’d recommend you try the straight KnK recipe for a CARIBBEAN PORTER - it’s definitely num, num, num 😋😋😋

Well here’s Cheers ta plenty tasty goodness to warm the cockerels of ya heart during the winter cold eh (I’ll keg a Tsars Tar tomorrow - so hopefully another winter cracker 🤞🏻)  🥳🍺🍺🍺⭐

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pale Man said:

They should take a leaf out of Coopers book and have a stable of beers that are popular. Then maybe dabble in one or two out of the box to get a feel. Instead of flooding the market with crud.

Yes, I totally agree, have a solid range, keep it simple & do it well,

We don't want marshmell0w & turnip beer.

🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Pirate Life have jumped the shark imo. I think it all started when they were taken over? Too many beers pumping out. Not many are much cop these days.

Yes.....Port are Poo. Need a new coach badly.

He is well past his best before date, running out of excuses.

• Like 1

GABS Sunday session

IMG_20240623_121730310.thumb.jpg.02e81b91af0a01ef73a5b6ae42f8268c.jpg

A different venue this year, at the Showgrounds instead of the Royal Exhibition service. There was a special train service before and after, there is a dedicated train station there, but the event seemed a lot less busy (queues were much shorter).

I had a few interesting beers but nothing that really blew my mind.

The oompah band disco tunes were one of the highlights of the day.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Kegory said:

GABS Sunday session

IMG_20240623_121730310.thumb.jpg.02e81b91af0a01ef73a5b6ae42f8268c.jpg

A different venue this year, at the Showgrounds instead of the Royal Exhibition service. There was a special train service before and after, there is a dedicated train station there, but the event seemed a lot less busy (queues were much shorter).

I had a few interesting beers but nothing that really blew my mind.

The oompah band disco tunes were one of the highlights of the day.

Friday  1st session was quite good  not a overly lot off people,  Friday nights session  Gash  told me when we met up on the saturday the friday night session started it was packed to the rafters  and was busy

Saturday 1st session  hmmm  i said to Gash ya can hardly move   and thats when he said you didnt see last nights session becuase ya was at the footy lol.  

the feedback from Gash saturday was another full on night

i didnt get to the Sunday Session due to other commitments  but  it did very well  look quite

i didnt worry to much on the tasting paddles this year.   (was fortunate that i managed to get a few tasters from the brewers  

was pleasantly surprised by Rusty penny which is brewed in penrith nsw   of there  pale ale   the hit off coffee at the start on winters day  followed by  a coconut sensation back end  was great.

yes  that band was rather good  and wasnt overly loud   

i thought the location would have been much better and not just  beer drinkers but for the brewers and staff  to get there gear in there easily enough.

there was a few brewers that pulled out as well while some of the brewers like Deeds etc have gone broke

well next year i will be back and if footy and golf dont interfere i will be doing all sessions

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

On a cruise in Italy mate? Don't overdo it. 🤣

It looks like a cruise doesn’t it? No, a few days in Capri. Last time we were here was 20 years ago, brought the kids this time, therefore doubling the food and hotel bill 😢

IMG_3499.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

It looks like a cruise doesn’t it? No, a few days in Capri. Last time we were here was 20 years ago, brought the kids this time, therefore doubling the food and hotel bill 😢

IMG_3499.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

Wow Squinta, looks awesome,  you lucky bugger, enjoy. 👍

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A wee box of lovelyness,  this is among my favourite Pale Ales, in fact, the whole range is good. 

The hole-cone Cascade hops really come out, so full of flavour & very moreish.

20240625_160123.thumb.jpg.eb143ade10f6fd59441b9535d3071ed3.jpg

I just finished a keg of that, from a double all grain batch. I’ve got some bottles left but I think the hops are starting to fade. Works out a treat the AG recipe, I’ll post it if you are interested 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I just finished a keg of that, from a double all grain batch. I’ve got some bottles left but I think the hops are starting to fade. Works out a treat the AG recipe, I’ll post it if you are interested 

Yes please 🙏.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 8:39 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ta Stquinta, much appreciated, I will have to scale it down to a 22/ brew

You could simplify the hop schedule too, get rid of the 60 and 30 minute boil and use it at flameout (equivalent IBU amount)

Be a good beer either way

• Like 1