Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

6 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Bobs Brewery on the Gold Coast, for the record I had the Surfers XPA, I’ll give that an 8/10.

Also had the Pearl Diver IPA, very nice also, 9/10. 

IMG_0756.jpeg

new the brewer that created the surfers xpa  , came from Ballarat .  infact i have the recipe for  BOBs  Surfers xpa

• Like 3

I was at this brewery last weekend and when they kicked us out at the end of the night, I had to buy some travellers.

8 Track Brewery - Dankenstein Double IPA

• Lovely citrus and piney herbal aroma
  • Strong malt flavours with fruit hints
  • Robust dankness and bitterness
  • Exactly as it says on the label - A bit of a sipper

IMG_4584.JPG.d2d48089333d70a436e56b979cb86652.JPG

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I was at this brewery last weekend and when they kicked us out at the end of the night, I had to buy some travellers.

8 Track Brewery - Dankenstein Double IPA

• Lovely citrus and piney herbal aroma
  • Strong malt flavours with fruit hints
  • Robust dankness and bitterness
  • Exactly as it says on the label - A bit of a sipper

IMG_4584.JPG.d2d48089333d70a436e56b979cb86652.JPG

Shamus,  Any real decent beers to get stuck into like  a bueatiful oat cream dipa    or big stouts  on tap while you was there

me and my mate and his wife may venture to it someday soon  as it doesnt look to far from the railway station  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Shamus,  Any real decent beers to get stuck into like  a bueatiful oat cream dipa    or big stouts  on tap while you was there

me and my mate and his wife may venture to it someday soon  as it doesnt look to far from the railway station  

Nothing overly big Ozzie.

Our favourites were a Ginger Stout and their Cosmic Cloud Hazy IPA.  I also liked their American Lager as a palate cleanser.

Heatherdale Railway Station is literally across the road.  Very handy.  It was my transport mode of choice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Dankenstein Double IPA

@Shamus O'Sean, I love the name of this beer! I hope you and others can tell me a bit more what 'dank' as a hop flavour means? I have some Amarillo and Galaxy hops on hand.  The Beer Maverick hop comparison tool says both these hops have a 'dank' element.

Edited by jennyss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

@Shamus O'Sean, I love the name of this beer! I hope you and others can tell me a bit more what 'dank' as a hop flavour means? I have some Amarillo and Galaxy hops on hand.  The Beer Maverick hop comparison tool says both these hops have a 'dank' element.

This may help Jenny.

https://www.beer-analytics.com/hops/flavors/dank/#:~:text=Hops with Dank Flavor "Dank" is a term,is often likened to the smell of cannabis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jennyss said:

"Dank" seems to mean piney/resiney, dank like a pine forest as far as I can work out.

• Like 1

Kuan Light Pale Ale by Birdy Num Nums at Fin Bar

IMG_20240919_190332914.thumb.jpg.19a9d59e1e7ba6991c220d95390b1463.jpg

It's not bad, light, yes, and a little hoppy.

I also tried a Wheat for a While, a hefeweizen by The German Brewery but it didn't impress me.

• Like 1