Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

Heading down the Gold Coast this weekend, and am going to the Gold Coast Craft Beer Festival, wife and I have booked an apartment for 3 nights.

She will be spending my hard earned at Harbourtown shopping, whilst I am at the Festival, fair trade off I guess. 😂😂

IMG_5375.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I dont have a photo of this beer

Brewery = Adroit Theory
Beer Name = Angels Trumpet
Style = American indian pale ale
ABV 8.0%
place of Origin =Purcellville , Virginia

love big beers no matter where they come from in the world and i am not real fan of commercercial overs seas beers like ya millers , sierra nevada's (i do like a couple of there beers)  etc  but i not huge fan of commercial beer in Australia either.

but this American indian pale is fair low on on bitterness then i was expecting  its actually rather smooth and soft on the pallette taste is giving me a good  blood orange peel taste.  blood orange i never crave this fruit but in a beer and done real well its a brilliant flavour as the can is getting older and after been shipped from the us  its lost the hop flavours a tad and i happened to forget i had this one in the fridge ..    i think they have overdone the lactose as that is coming through.   the beer is light in colour  with soft haziness 

i would rate this on untapped as i am tasting it now as 3.50   but if given fresh  being a hop forward beer   it would be an easy 4  possibly 4.25 rating 

nice beer if you ca get hold of a can

Carwyn Cellars | Adroit Theory - Angel's Trumpet (Ghost 1581) American IPA  with Blood Oranges

• Like 8

i have reviewed this one before but thought i would revisit it 

Origin = Austin,TX   United states
Brewery =  Jester King Brewery
Name of Beer = Wytchmaker Farmhouse Rye Ipa
ABV = 6.7%

you can certainly tell this is a farm house ipa just in the yeast alone ,  its really change since i purchased it quite sometime ago now ,  i am really digging it considering i am not much of a fan of farmhouse ales  as it gives of that earthy  taste.  however i am getting a bit of spice coming through with rye and the bitterness is quite mild.   the hops they have used have held quite well 

nice style    and i am glad i purchased 2 cans    and to revisit a few weeks later .

68996cbe-e491-4369-a392-c12e02436d63.thumb.jpg.6d98edb525f6754931c3dc4f91d72a10.jpg

• Like 8

Wow is all i can say for this stout ,   this is one of, actually it is,  my favourite stout 

Brewery = Goodlands Brewing
beer name = Trillions
beer style = Stout
where brewed = Traralgon, Victoria
ABV = 14%
this beer is something you will not want to rush down 
this beer  just keeps getting better and better  last time i had this was 2 saturdays ago  at  Carwyn cellars on Tap ,  man this beer is brilliant on tap and  the best way , however tonight it has to be can .

the rum and bourboun make this a smooth blend  when sipping on while getting a hint of caramelised banana  that i think gives this the edge of goodness.   the vanilla and chocolate are very  overwhelming at the start but when the stout gets warmer then the cocunut and macadamias come out to play  with the roastiness 

This stout is  not to be taken lightly  it needs the attention  from a cold to warmth to bring out all the flavours .   if you care for this beer it will care for you and  look after you greatly .  

pixelcut-export-1723201684142.png

• Like 8

Got. 4 pack of Mountain Culture x Stone and Wood Packpack Hazy Pale Ale at liquorland on sale for $16, got $10 off from flybuys so only paid $6 for them. Bargain!

Lots of pineapple and floral aroma, taste has pineapple from the galaxy, a little bit of dankness, and a slight earthiness to it and a hint of mango. Beautiful beer! Taste even better for $6!

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0023.png

Edited by NBillett09
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

This one jumped into my trolley at Dan Murphy's the other day. 

Quite tasty, fruity, clearly has the hazy taste and a pleasingly low bitterness.

Me likes 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.b0b13b5f48e2af90c4f0aeb940882fa0.jpeg

lost faith in this brewery since they sold out to commercial 

looks like a great beer  just the same