Coopers Community

TODAYS WEATHER - WHERE ARE YOU ?

6 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yet another scorcher. It’s been like that all week. It takes a lot of beer to handle this 😀

IMG_9590.thumb.png.de7be0530209fd262c75cf0674f5ee0d.png

You're obviously tongue in cheek AK, but 33 is lovely. A scorcher in Whyalla is when it can sometimes reach 45 or even higher. 25 today here. Beautiful.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Had hail in Whyalla yesterday but only in a small area. Where I'm stationed at work it came in about 3 0 clock in the arvo. It was pretty impressive.

Certain parts of Adelaide did too, there was quite a few power outages too, for now, it looks like most of it has passed but there will be rough seas tonight.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 12:31 PM, Pale Man said:

You're obviously tongue in cheek AK, but 33 is lovely. A scorcher in Whyalla is when it can sometimes reach 45 or even higher. 25 today here. Beautiful.

It depends. I remember walking around Dubbo at 40C, where the air is dry af. Is hot but bearable. 30+ in Qld, combined with 70% humidity is a different story altogether. Stepping from a/c into the backyard, it feels like somebody poured a bucket of water over you 🙂 

But regardless of where I am, I don't really need more than 30C. Mid to high 20s are perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

Lol at all the global warming, climate change freaks. Adelaides coldest December day in 15 years. Global warming really kicking in there. NOT!!!

Mother nature does what she does, humans have, and never will have any affect on weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, category 5 said:

Hahahha... 3500 a year here

You get that in the tropics.

Whyalla is nearly as far south on main land Australia from the tropics as you can get. Normally one of the driest citys in Australia.

So 100mm in a short time is a big event for us.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, Pale Man said:

Lol at all the global warming, climate change freaks. Adelaides coldest December day in 15 years. Global warming really kicking in there. NOT!!!

Mother nature does what she does, humans have, and never will have any affect on weather.

I didn't finish high school and my science grades were just average, so if you say climate change is a scam then that's what we're going with, Paley.🤣
I'd love to chat more about ecology but you'll have to excuse me for a little while because I have a heap of hard rubbish I need to burn off in my back yard incinerator. xx

• Haha 5