Coopers Community

Inflation!

Stickers

8 minutes ago, Stickers said:

BigW have put up their cooper's prices for a 2nd time this year. the basic cans are now $17, mid range up to $19.70 and the top shelf cans are at $27 😕

great time   to go all grain  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

great time   to go all grain  

oh oz, if i could trust the power supply at this crappy house i live in i probably would, i'm ready to make the step up in many ways, there's a few things i'd want to do first which is really hard in a rental. one is upgrade the fusebox at the house, it's older than the hills and i don't want to burn down the house.

i'd also want to setup some sort of pully to lift the grainbag and that would involve a bit of work that i'm not prepared to put in to someone else's house.

IMG_9603.thumb.jpg.eafd12ea70fd482f8f790acc843171bc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stickers said:

oh oz, if i could trust the power supply at this crappy house i live in i probably would, i'm ready to make the step up in many ways, there's a few things i'd want to do first which is really hard in a rental. one is upgrade the fusebox at the house, it's older than the hills and i don't want to burn down the house.

i'd also want to setup some sort of pully to lift the grainbag and that would involve a bit of work that i'm not prepared to put in to someone else's house.

if that is a fuse box in victoria   that is now illegal  and  your agent now requires a  gas and electrical compliance on all rentals

your landlord cant refuse upgrading that and has to be done by law  i know this as  i just had a electrical inspection  and my fuse box has to be redone

get onto your agent mate

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Tread carefully.. If you ask for it, that may be a lead in to Up your rent.

that's the main reason i've not said anything but yeah, i really need to do something about it.

back on topic i've done a woolworths order tonight, they're still at 2020 prices but the range is down to lager, draught and pale in cans and brew enhancer 2 in adjuncts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Tread carefully.. If you ask for it, that may be a lead in to Up your rent.

its a requirement by law @DavidM  in Victoria if you rent,    i think its what the call a gas and electrical safety check and is required on all rentals
landlords can lose their insurance if they dont comply  

this happens every 2 years  in Victoria

so its not a matter of treading carefully  or what you ask for,  it will happen to Stickers   

its a good thing for stickers as i would be worried about that fuse box  for the safety of himself and family 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

its a good thing for stickers as i would be worried about that fuse box  for the safety of himself and family

I appreciate the concern mate, i think i've been waiting until i heard someone say that out loud (or type it in this case) to really think about it.

we do run a fairly tight energy saving house and that fuse box was built to last, but yeah, its time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

That's pretty ancient, is it still legal 🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

its a requirement by law @DavidM  in Victoria if you rent,    i think its what the call a gas and electrical safety check and is required on all rentals
landlords can lose their insurance if they dont comply  

this happens every 2 years  in Victoria

so its not a matter of treading carefully  or what you ask for,  it will happen to Stickers   

It is the Landlords obligation to conform with the required safety regulations. I seriously would investigate that further.

That's only my opinion but I went through that once years ago.

Good Luck,

• Like 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is the Landlords obligation to conform with the required safety regulations. I seriously would investigate that further.

That's only my opinion but I went through that once years ago.

Good Luck,

exactly correct     

while its  great looking fuse box  they wouldnt be legal in modern day houses  or  full house rewiring i would imagine

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

exactly correct     

while its  great looking fuse box  they wouldnt be legal in modern day houses  or  full house rewiring i would imagine

You have to have a Clipsal Safety Switch fitted in SA anyway so I am buggered if I know about some of the lesser standards in the lower class other states. 🤣

• Haha 3

I went and bought my first fresh wort kit yesterday.

Price on website $51. I phoned to make sure they had what I wanted.

Sure did $59. Price went up $8 this week.

I was thinking about all grain all the way home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/24/2022 at 8:19 PM, Stickers said:

BigW have put up their cooper's prices for a 2nd time this year. the basic cans are now $17, mid range up to $19.70 and the top shelf cans are at $27 😕

Same here in NZ. Original series cans were a $1 cheaper @$14.49 not that long ago, but now usual price is $15.49.  Occasionally they go on sale though:

image.png.bd528175c16dfa9315f8a7666aaa2903.png:  

And pre-COVID I could pick an OS can up for $12.99.   🙄  I used to see them on sale occasionally for as low as $11.99 but not for some time now.  Instead, Lion kits have been offered up at that discount price quite often so I've been doing a few partial mash beers using those instead.   

• Like 1