Coopers Community

SA HOME BREWERS BEER DAY MEETING

Classic Brewing Co

SA HOME BREWERS BEER DAY MEETING

I have tried to get this going over the years but can't seem to get the numbers. If anyone is interested perhaps on a Saturday arvo at a time that would suit all either post to this thread or PM me & we will see if it can be done. 

The Coopers Alehouse in the city is central to most but I understand the distances between us particularly the rural members & the drink driving scenario but it would be great to catch up & say G'day & have a Coopers of course.

https://coopersalehouse.pub/

coopers-alehouse-at-the-earl-adelaide-pubs-bars-60eb-938x704.jpg.9a6ebd38a7bf3a3a273c7db474419cf8.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hi, I'm In..

Tough for me as It means a night in the city but hey

Like to catch up with a few of the people who have helped me get into Brewing.

same boat   lot tougher for for me   688km away.

depending on the dates i  might come and visit the rellies  
and  join you all

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Come on OD I used to that before breakfast but then you probably do to 🤣 The more the merrier I say. 

Phil   if the world aligns properly for me  , as i have family  in Adelaide  you can bet  i'll be doing my utter best to have a beer with the S.A Brewers

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Phil   if the world aligns properly for me  , as i have family  in Adelaide  you can bet  i'll be doing my utter best to have a beer with the S.A Brewers

Yeah I know, just taking the .... I would like to think we could get a few starters as we have a SA members on this forum that contribute regularly but I understand commitments such as

family, distance, work, financial etc but I guess you could say that if there was a wedding, funeral, birthday, birth etc.

We will have to wait & see how many can & will make the effort.

On a brighter note as SA members would know the former 'Earl of Aberdeen Hotel' which is known as the 'Coopers Alehouse At the Earl' is an iconic pub, a great place in the middle of the city with easy access to parking & public transport. It boasts the entire range of Coopers Beers on Tap !! Great surroundings, great food.

There are other ideal locations including some really great Craft Pubs but it would be good to see if we could get something going.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah I know, just taking the .... I would like to think we could get a few starters as we have a SA members on this forum that contribute regularly but I understand commitments such as

family, distance, work, financial etc but I guess you could say that if there was a wedding, funeral, birthday, birth etc.

We will have to wait & see how many can & will make the effort.

On a brighter note as SA members would know the former 'Earl of Aberdeen Hotel' which is known as the 'Coopers Alehouse At the Earl' is an iconic pub, a great place in the middle of the city with easy access to parking & public transport. It boasts the entire range of Coopers Beers on Tap !! Great surroundings, great food.

There are other ideal locations including some really great Craft Pubs but it would be good to see if we could get something going.

I know you was taking the ...... I would also like to think  that you S.A brewers can get together  for a few beers and chat brewing

and seriously  i would make an effort if the dates and times will suit me ( I have a 10 days in Tassie come this Friday) .

hey you never know  Us Victorians  if the was upto could end up doing a road road trip

and maybe the S.A brewers can billet us Victorians or any interstaters that want to make a show

I think your Best bet  Phil is   Pick a place -(looks like you already have)   and set a Date and time
and then people can work out  if they can attend or not

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I know you was taking the ...... I would also like to think  that you S.A brewers can get together  for a few beers and chat brewing

and seriously  i would make an effort if the dates and times will suit me ( I have a 10 days in Tassie come this Friday) .

hey you never know  Us Victorians  if the was upto could end up doing a road road trip

and maybe the S.A brewers can billet us Victorians or any interstaters that want to make a show

I think your Best bet  Phil is   Pick a place -(looks like you already have)   and set a Date and time
and then people can work out  if they can attend or not

Well yes of course, just putting feelers out ATM, I would take a punt & say just after Easter would be the go, I just thought it fitting that it was a a Coopers venue.

Anyway I will soon post a suggested Saturday. Easter this year is 15/16/17/18 April but it could even be earlier, I will wait until I get a few interested parties.

Cheers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well yes of course, just putting feelers out ATM, I would take a punt & say just after Easter would be the go, I just thought it fitting that it was a a Coopers venue.

Anyway I will soon post a suggested Saturday. Easter this year is 15/16/17/18 April but it could even be earlier, I will wait until I get a few interested parties.

Cheers.

those dates may suit 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

This sentence needs clarifying:  it should have said:

Anyway I will soon post a suggested Saturday.   Easter this year is 15/16/17/18 April.    But we could hold it before Easter if that was better. I will wait until I get a few interested parties.

• Like 1

I (we) will be doing a "fly by" caravan trip near Adelaide (Hahndorf) about the 1st May on the way up to the Flinders Ranges and Oodndatta track (then continuing on up to the top end) so if it's near that WE count us in.  Be good to catch up and talk beer and sheet. 👌

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

I (we) will be doing a "fly by" caravan trip near Adelaide (Hahndorf) about the 1st May on the way up to the Flinders Ranges and Oodndatta track (then continuing on up to the top end) so if it's near that WE count us in.  Be good to catch up and talk beer and sheet. 👌

I would have thought a Saturday would be the best for everybody, I will make a record of everyone's comments & see if we can come up with a suitable date. It will be hard to please everybody but we can only try.

• Like 2

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would have thought a Saturday would be the best for everybody, I will make a record of everyone's comments & see if we can come up with a suitable date. It will be hard to please everybody but we can only try.

8 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Hi Hoppy, 

This is going to be harder than I thought but until we get a bit more of an idea of how many members are interested, we can't really plan a day.

But we may be able too.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

SA HOME BREWERS BEER DAY MEETING 🍻

I am going to suggest Saturday 7th May for the proposed catch up. If anyone is interested & wants to be part of it either reply here or you can PM me for my details/number etc.

It would be good to see if we can arrange something. 

Phil's Bayside Bar & Grill will be open after as well 😎

Cheers

Phil

On 4/19/2022 at 2:22 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

SA HOME BREWERS BEER DAY MEETING 🍻

I am going to suggest Saturday 7th May for the proposed catch up. If anyone is interested & wants to be part of it either reply here or you can PM me for my details/number etc.

It would be good to see if we can arrange something. 

Phil's Bayside Bar & Grill will be open after as well 😎

Cheers

Phil

Just a quick update, the proposed date is the 7th May - 13 days time, it looks like we are struggling for numbers so I would suggest unless we have at least 6 interested people confirming their attendance by Wednesday 4th May it is not going to happen.

A pity really as I thought it would have been good to put a face to a name, drink some beer, talk brewing & other sh..   however that is all I can do. 🍻

Cheers

Phil

• Sad 1