Coopers Community

Anything AFL

ozdevil

Hey all  i wouldnt be the only tradjic around here that loves having a home brew in front of the 4k tele watching my beloved blues get beat

So why not lets have a chat footy  and keep the footy talk out f the beer and brewing talk there is other  places we can talk beer  even here if ya want.

i'm just going to put this picture here 240609677_10159068361373751_790348914095678356_n.thumb.jpg.2aafa1b563d85af93c2033f1d4106a03.jpg

Now if you are not into footy thats  fine dont whinge its not about beer   as this sub forum is meant for anything not beer related

I know footy season is coming to end   but hey trade week  the draft periods  are apon us  so plenty more chatter  but most of all keep it friendly 

and just a dig  Port Adelaide football club in the afl has only won 1 premiership since entering the comp, they will get there 2nd  this year  i reckon   they do need another 16 premierships to topple Carlton and Essendon at this stage who are 16 a piece

However  taking all history of football and Port Adelaide Safl league they are a class above the rest with premierships

Now now @Pale Man i have debated this for years and years even on a certain fishing site you know know about it.
port Adiade afl side was mainly all  afl footballers like gavin wangerneens etcs returning home and a few that was drafted 
but the club joined the Afl and back then it was classed as the vfl..   So port Adelaide power  are alot different to  port adealide magpies

anyway life is what it is now  we cant change that   carlton and essendon are equal top  while port sit with 1 premiership

but i must say atleasst you got ya premiership quicker then those crows lol

but chat away people

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

but chat away people

Alright I don't care for Football, never did as a kid, even through school, I was never part of any team as I had zero interest as I do now. I am not going to knock @Pale Man  for following Port or you I think follow Carlton as others would have their own choices. Sorry @Pale Man I have always hated Port Adelaide but that doesn't matter because nobody cares about my opinion.

As I am South Australian & usually lived around the Bay area (Glenelg) I sorta can tolerate watching a Crows game occasionally but now it is a completely new young team trying to rebuild.

So whoever makes the final & wins I don't give a diddly but for those of who do, enjoy.

I have had my say so Cheers.

Phil

9 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

My old man goes for blues used to give him crap but happy they finally getting better slowly over last few years. As an Eagles supporter I'm not a fan of Port power either but way they been playing they likely to make the big stage. I just hope its Melbourne there with them otherwise I won't be watching it.

Port power are like freemantle they have the second afl side in state syndrome and koshie is a complete toss always hated him on sunrise then found out he president made it worse. 

Demons over due for flag so hope can get it in a way I'm glad eagles didn't make finals because lost it this year just didn't have it same as tigers and Collingwood. Funny how it turns around so fast considering the mentioned were all in finals last year. That's how cookie crumbles

I really don't know enough about it to make an intelligent comment, however I agree with you on some points, Koch is a knob, Richmond have lost the plot & it seems most of the games are being lost by a point or so in the crucial moment which means most of the better teams are fairly even. So whoever wins is up to luck as much as good play considering possible injury & then they blame the umpires, that's why I couldn't be bothered with any of it. Oh did I tell you, I still don't care. 😇

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Alright I don't care for Football, never did as a kid, even through school, I was never part of any team as I had zero interest as I do now. I am not going to knock @Pale Man  for following Port or you I think follow Carlton as others would have their own choices. Sorry @Pale Man I have always hated Port Adelaide but that doesn't matter because nobody cares about my opinion.

As I am South Australian & usually lived around the Bay area (Glenelg) I sorta can tolerate watching a Crows game occasionally but now it is a completely new young team trying to rebuild.

So whoever makes the final & wins I don't give a diddly but for those of who do, enjoy.

I have had my say so Cheers.

Phil

mate ,  seriously What is the point to replying to a topic  if it is something you dont enjoy  following or watching
is it  that you feel you need to get an opinion across  or be a part off ?

don't post   if its something you dont enjoy   or cant relate to..

everyone is entiled to a view and opinion wether right or wrong in my thoughts mate..

you have a choice  have a chat about footy or don't

oh by the way yes i did start it , and i actually find your next post funny and to a point true..
but it took us well over 100 years to climb to the bottom  so it must have been a massive ladder we had to climb down.  but while we was down there we made the most of stuffing up 1st round draft picks

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Like I said I don't care. 🥱

Then why get involved in the 1st place  if you don't care?

your welcome to have a view a opinion  on the footy and join in

if you dont enjoy footy  so be it  ,  so really whats your point of posting in a topic you dont care about

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

So why not lets have a chat footy  and keep the footy talk out f the beer and brewing talk there is other  places we can talk beer  even here if ya want.

You read my mind OD,  the drinking thread sorta got off topic quickly and I probably added to that over steer.   Was going to start a general footy thread myself today, not necessarily only AFL but one to cover all codes.

I am not a die hard footy fan and just have a passing interest, don't go into tipping comps and would not know most of the time what team was where on the ladder.  I do take a bit more interest if my Tigers or my mate Leigh's team the doggies are in the finals.  I rarely watch a game on TV and don't really care who wins so long as there is only 1 point in it.  Last nights game was the first full game I have watched on TV this year and I enjoyed it.  Drank too many beers but! Luckily I got to sleep in today so all good.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Then why get involved in the 1st place  if you don't care?

your welcome to have a view a opinion  on the footy and join in

if you dont enjoy footy  so be it  ,  so really whats your point of posting in a topic you dont care about

Now now boys, save the snapping for the shots at the goals. ha ha😁 🏉⚽

Edited by iBooz2

@ozdevil, I was interested in your topic until you went with the Collingwood meme.  @Classic Brewing Co evened things up a bit with his Carlton jibe.

I like watching AFL in general.  Especially if the game is close.  The Brisbane/Doggies game last night was a prime example.  Pity I tipped Brisbane.

Speaking of tipping, I came second in work's footy tipping comp with 134 tips.  My best result ever.  I should be alive in the finals tipping comp because a lot of folks would have tipped Brisbane too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Prince Harry, I did think that the Bulldogs got a few dubious free kicks.  Some were for things that they usually let go in a final.  I do not think that the umpires were biased, I just think that they got a couple of the decisions wrong.

What does irk me is commentators who seem to think that the free kick count should be even.  If the free kicks are there, they should be paid, whether the free kick count is 2:20 or 10:10.

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

@ozdevil, I was interested in your topic until you went with the Collingwood meme.  @Classic Brewing Co evened things up a bit with his Carlton jibe.

I like watching AFL in general.  Especially if the game is close.  The Brisbane/Doggies game last night was a prime example.  Pity I tipped Brisbane.

Speaking of tipping, I came second in work's footy tipping comp with 134 tips.  My best result ever.  I should be alive in the finals tipping comp because a lot of folks would have tipped Brisbane too.

Nothing wrong in a good Jibe  even as a  Carlton supporter i  enjoyed @Classic Brewing Co jibe with his Meme

I am a cottery Member of the blues, however i love watching a great close game i also like the rivarly games  like Adlaide crows vs port   carlton vs  collingwood and bombers

I was hoping Brisbane got up myself  what a cracker of a game that came to wire like all finals footy should be.

a downer for Brisbane   though Lachie Neale is set to  go Back to W.A  and will either be playing for freo or west coast next season as he wants to bring his family up in W.a 

• Like 1

Essendon supporter here. Football has been a sh1t game for the past 20 years. 😄
Jokes aside, I'm quite disillusioned with AFL, where I've gone from a fairly passionate, sometimes paid up member to only having a passing interest now. I appreciate the athleticism and skill of the modern AFL player but with the AFL constantly tinkering with the rules, especially the "STAND!" rule, it has changed my viewing enjoyment. The stand rule has turned a tough, physical, pressured game into circle work with 2 sides.
Fortunately I can still get my "old fashioned footy" fix through watching local amateur games. This week I have slight dilemma though, where my son is playing in a grand final in the hills league and the club I played for and hold life membership is also playing a grand final at the same time in the 'burbs.
I'll go to my son's game of course but it would have been nice to be able to see both, especially since my old club have suffered a few lean years of late.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Melbourne supporter here. Football is a sh1t game for the past 57 years.  😄 (note I am not that old either)

This Friday I will be sitting nervously on the couch, with a home brew or three and doing my best not to swear at the TV in front of the kids.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Yuley said:

Melbourne supporter here. Football is a sh1t game for the past 57 years.  😄 (note I am not that old either)

This Friday I will be sitting nervously on the couch, with a home brew or three and doing my best not to swear at the TV in front of the kids.

Well if you end up playing in the Final with PA I hope you beat them by 1 point just to shut some of my mates up who are PA supporters.   🐧  ( Sorry Paleman, nothing personal

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

Jokes aside, I'm quite disillusioned with AFL, where I've gone from a fairly passionate, sometimes paid up member to only having a passing interest now. I appreciate the athleticism and skill of the modern AFL player but with the AFL constantly tinkering with the rules, especially the "STAND!" rule, it has changed my viewing enjoyment. The stand rule has turned a tough, physical, pressured game into circle work with 2 sides.
Fortunately I can still get my "old fashioned footy" fix through watching local amateur games. This week I have slight dilemma though, where my son is playing in a grand final in the hills league and the club I played for and hold life membership is also playing a grand final at the same time in the 'burbs.
I'll go to my son's game of course but it would have been nice to be able to see both, especially since my old club have suffered a few lean years of late.

I think your spot on mate with your take on afl footy  , i feel its time for gil and his off sider (can't think of his name) but they are ruining the game with far to many  rule changes that wasnt necessary

I didnt like the  stand rule at first but i do believe it has opened up the scoring a bit

i find its very hard for both umpires and players and coaches  to get the head around each yearand implement the changes , i bet there will be more  changing of the rules next season

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Yuley said:

I hope this year the dee do get up for ya mate  , i have the feeling this is the time for the dee's

I am not looking forward to it if the Port  get to the grand final the mrs will be happy but she is going to have to put up with me going for the dee's
,I expect to be murdered if the dee's win

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

@ozdevil Oh it's opened up the scoring for sure because there's less defensive pressure applied. Hence, my circle work comment. I like goals but I really like hard football more.

totally agree  the hard football is far better  

I would love to see footy go back to 80's style of footy

• Like 1

I like the effect of the "stand" rule around the ground, but maybe don't use it when a player is having a shot at goal.  The rules are different for the player having the shot, why not make them different for the player standing the mark.  As long as you stay goalside of the mark, you can move about as much as you want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I like the effect of the "stand" rule around the ground, but maybe don't use it when a player is having a shot at goal.  The rules are different for the player having the shot, why not make them different for the player standing the mark.  As long as you stay goalside of the mark, you can move about as much as you want.

I'm an AFL tragic Shamus and a Cats supporter. In my past life at one time played the game a little (suburban footy) and even ended up field umpiring the game with the Footscray District league - was a huge League back in the day. Anyway, I agree with you regarding the Stand rule with players taking a shot for goal. That should be looked at in my opinion. For example if the player marks inside 50 the stand rule shouldn't apply. I say this because too often we're seeing the player taking the shot move off his line and the Ump calling play on way too late. I don't think that's what this rule was really intended for when the player is taking set shots from inside 50 at goal - just a by product of it. Most teams have sorted out how to play the stand rule around the ground - coaches being coaches have wised up to it and adapted.

If my mob Geelong can't win it then I'm hoping the Dee's will create a little bit of history. I get the sense that Melbourne are on the same trajectory as the Cats were back in 2007. 

• Like 1