Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar, day 9 (on day 13) - Kaiju! Beer - No Ragrets - Barrel Aged Imperial Stout

• The first thing I noticed was how creamy it poured from the can - really thick
  • Complex aromas: Wood, raisins. rum, dark chocolate
  • Flavour: Smoky, dark chocolate, dark fruit, liquorice
  • Bitterness is comparatively subdued
  • Not exactly the right brew for this time of year, but in winter it would score 9/10

IMG_4113.JPG.47cc73c1892a85250027c2db5b6adb8b.JPG

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Advent calendar, day 15. Oh look, a hazy 😀 This time an East Coast Hazy PA by Blackhops. It has lovely fruity aromas and quite a nice citrusy and stone fruity finish. Just a little less bitterness would be good. 

IMG_9683.thumb.jpeg.75d7b0715b416fc4c26126061d1ed367.jpeg

I wonder AK how many of those beers that you have tried in your posts over the last couple of weeks you would actually buy.

I note that you have marked some fairly high.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I wonder AK how many of those beers that you have tried in your posts over the last couple of weeks you would actually buy.

I note that you have marked some fairly high.

Fair question. Some, I will probably get when I see them in the wild but generally, I’m mainly interested in sampling beers. If something stands out, I may even seek the beer out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Shamus O'Sean has scored a few good ones also and have an interesting feel about them. 

I wish i had ordered one now was this the 25 cans for $160? Time got away and before I knew it December was already here.

Mine is the Plonks Beer Advent Calendar. SWMBO got it for by b'day. I think it is somewhere around $150 for 25 cans.

• Like 2

Boozebud 14th, 15th and 16th.

IMG20231216181200.thumb.jpg.c351cdca305aa9663f3bc7f1ad8aade6.jpg

Really enjoyed the 3 Ravens Tropical Pale Ale. Kinda more XPAish and a bit lighter on the malt which is how I like them. Tropical taste and aroma.

The Banks Brewing Hazy was pretty good too. Strong tropical aroma and taste. Had the body of a hazy/neipa but easy enough to drink.

Sure Brewing Spin Off Citrus Gose. Fairly light bodied. Lke a beer mixed with soda water with added lime and grapefruit. First couple of mouthfuls were refreshing but didn't really want any more by the end of the can. 

• Like 5