Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

47 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

COYOTE RED ALE 5.2%

I haven't much to do with Red Ales, but this is something I would like to brew it, has a nice smokey hue to it with a nice bitter finish.

So very different to other Ales.

redale.thumb.jpg.279be8781c21c74742395449c7b571e7.jpg

I'm quite a fan of red ales, hard though they are to find. This one doesn't look very red.

Went to the Surf Club last night and had a Single Fin Summer Ale.

‘Very disappointing, tasted very thin, no hop taste at all (Supposed to have Galaxy, Cascade & Enigma 🤷‍♂️)

‘Tasted like a light beer (ABV is 4.5%) , maybe that’s why they were on special for $5 🤷‍♂️

Ill give this a 3/10. 

IMG_2500.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Also had a Pint of the Burleigh Big Head Lager at the Surf Club. 

‘Tasted alright, but smelt of fish guts ? 🤷‍♂️

6/10. 

IMG_2502.jpeg

I'm trying to work out how something that smells like fish guts can taste " alright " 😂

On that note, I've never heard anyone before describe the smell of a beer like fish guts.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I'm trying to work out how something that smells like fish guts can taste " alright " 😂

On that note, I've never heard anyone before describe the smell of a beer like fish guts.

Yeah hard to describe that one @Pale Man, it didn’t taste stale or off to me, just smelt like fish guts, then again I’m no beer tasting world champion. 🤣🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

‘Very disappointing, tasted very thin, no hop taste at all (Supposed to have Galaxy, Cascade & Enigma 🤷‍♂️)

‘Tasted like a light beer (ABV is 4.5%) , maybe that’s why they were on special for $5 🤷‍♂️

Ill give this a 3/10. 

IMG_2500.jpeg

Nice one, we have it on tap at work

4 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Ill give this a 3/10. 

IMG_2500.jpeg

I did a side-by-side taste test of the Single Fin versus Coopers recipe Shark Fin Summer Ale a while back here.  I did not mind the Single Fin, but my Coopers Shark Fin Summer Ale was better.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Ill give this a 3/10. 

IMG_2500.jpeg

I might have to try that now just to find out.

I have been saving this one for a moment while I was alone, every time I have attempted to open it someone is at the door.

It is a powerful brew; the rum is a nice addition & having a malty backbone it complements the spicy notes, this is definitely not a session beer. I quite like it & wouldn't mind getting the recipe. You can really smell & taste the rum. 🙃

Has anyone had anything similar?rumstout.thumb.jpg.4239056cb65820661973663d2a53db52.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1