Coopers Community

Shark Fin Summer Ale ROTM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Busy couple of days.  Did my first Frankenstein-AG on Saturday.  More about that on another thread.

Bottled the Shark Fin Summer Ale on Saturday too.  Cold crashed for a week with a dose of fish guts (isinglass) for extra clarity.

Very subtle dry hop aroma.

FG 1.010

4.7% ABV in the bottle.

Back in two weeks with my tasting notes.

Cheers Shamus

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Shark Fin vs Single Fin

The Shark Fin is a really nice beer.  Good solid fruit aroma that lingers.  Fresh and bold flavour.  The crystal malt grains add depth to the colour.

Single Fin is pretty good too.  Slightly fruitier aroma on first sniff that turns a little danker after a few moments.  Slightly less tang in the mouth.  Definite grainy taste.

Both use Enigma and Galaxy hops.  I think the Single Fin would have more in the dry hop.  Its aroma is more complex.

If I did not like making different beers all the time, I would make the Shark Fin again.  Up against the Single Fin, the Shark wins.

Speaking of not doing the same beer again, the background is a hint of the beer I am doing tomorrow.  It will be the third time I am doing the English Bitter.  This time I am doing a short LDM boil with EKG hops.

IMG_1248.thumb.JPG.1a72d072c9ea3d11f91165c33467acb5.JPG

• Like 6