Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

6 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I saw them in Aldi and thought give me some of that.

I would have too, but our really nice overpaid government authorities won't allow Aldi a liquor license here in SA, the same applies to other supermarkets. Ironically most of the Dan Murphy's, BWs, Liquor Land etc. are just next door to each of their supermarkets.

The AHA - Australian Hotel Association also objected, but I read that Aldi have applied for a 'producer's license' in 6 of their stores in SA  including Adelaide Airport which is just down the road from me.

I still prefer bottles but if the price is right, who really cares.

• Like 3

Pale Ale from Loch Brewery & Distillery

IMG_20230909_192020082.thumb.jpg.1dcf7ee7710ac50abe7a7fe3acfaa579.jpg

Everything about this one is subdued but in a pleasant way. It's probably just the base ale malt with a subtle hop influence and the yeast doing the rest.

I'll try to get there earlier next time so I can ask a few questions.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Local Red IIPA, gotta love the Adelaide Hills. 20230909_220929.thumb.jpg.a792db0d051fe33161d45b1b0d737272.jpg

I love their beer, but their prices are outrageous, I would say the most expensive in SA & perhaps beyond.

To order a carton of 24 x Pale Ale is over $130.00 & their Stout is $160. 00!

4 x packs are $30.00 & to drink a Pint there will cost you $12.00.

It is a great venue, great brewery but IMO that is way too much, imagine having a session there 🤑

Some of the local pubs won't stock it due to the price.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I love their beer, but their prices are outrageous, I would say the most expensive in SA & perhaps beyond.

To order a carton of 24 x Pale Ale is over $130.00 & their Stout is $160. 00!

4 x packs are $30.00 & to drink a Pint there will cost you $12.00.

It is a great venue, great brewery but IMO that is way too much, imagine having a session there 🤑

Some of the local pubs won't stock it due to the price.

You reckon that's expensive? Price up the background.

25 minutes ago, Kegory said:

You reckon that's expensive? Price up the background.

I don't reckon, I know that is expensive, there are a lot of great beers available & they not that expensive, take Coopers for example, priced to suit as well as other top brands.

The Craft Breweries are all getting expensive as much as I like visiting them.

• Like 1

Modus Operandi Mic Drop Strong Pale Ale. 5,7%.. This one is delicious, opening the can you get hit by the most beautiful orange and lemon oil aroma. Taking a sip you are tasting it too, followed by a subtle bitter and maltiness. All the aroma and flavours come from the Citra, Galaxy and Amarillo hops. And it doesn’t taste like perfumed flower water. Very nice beer.

IMG_7643.jpeg

• Like 6

Got me a mixed six pack from threechinsbrewing. I'd just got home from work and went the Lager first. Needless to say it didn't touch the sides. Beautiful quaffable clean lager. About 5 minutes after the glass I started feeling a bit tipsy. Looked at the bottle and she's 5.3% . I didn't pick that when I slammed it down 🤣

Love your work @Hoppy81

20230912_161712.jpg

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Got me a mixed six pack from threechinsbrewing. I'd just got home from work and went the Lager first. Needless to say it didn't touch the sides. Beautiful quaffable clean lager. About 5 minutes after the glass I started feeling a bit tipsy. Looked at the bottle and she's 5.3% . I didn't pick that when I slammed it down 🤣

Love your work @Hoppy81

20230912_161712.jpg

My phone photography doesnt do the clarity of this lager justice.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Love your work @Pale Man, cheers mate 🍻

Love your work. Weve known each other for quite a few years and you know I don't rate beers unless they deserve to be rated. I call a spade a spade.

You deserve accolades because you've worked your ars# off for years, and your beers are bloody tasty, clean and consistent. And I'll be honest. If i have a chance to push a good beer on this forum I'll take it. So I'd advice anyone to have a crack at yours, with lots of confidence. It just happens to be a mate of mine thats worked like a Trooper with his family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1