Coopers Community

20% off Coopers at Big W

Henry's Cat

I grabbed an APA kit and 500g LDM. Going to have another crack at a kits n bits version of Janet's Brown to finish up the Centennial in my freezer. 110g should be about perfect for an 11 litre batch of that. I might use my Coopers CCA slurry to ferment and will double the chocolate malt this time.

Cheers,

John

Picked up two kits yesterday; Mexican Cerverza and Australian Pale Ale (last tin!) for around $12.00. Plus 500g LDM for $6.25 (probably should have bought more but I figure they'll discount at some point in the future and I'm not making that much in my craft FV.

Now all I have to do is to work out what to do with them!

PS is there anything outstandingly different between the various 'lines' ? I.e. Original Series, International Series and Thomas Cooper Series? I'd love to know if there is a resource somewhere that outlines exactly what is in the cans themselves. Things like type of hops, malts etc and what is the 'manual' equivalent of their processing if you were making things up from scratch.

Then we'd be in a better position to justify the increased cost of the various kits.

• 6 months later...

the 20% seems to be on at Big W again. Or at least in Canberra but normally that means Australia wide.

I've noticed though that at least at the Big W at Majura their stock has been a fair bit down. No LDM, BE2 or 3 and has not had additional yeast or hops for ages.

I find my local big W shops around Adelaide rarely have LDM. They usually only keep be1 or 2. That being said, I find Cooper's LDM forms lumps too easily compared to the LDM I get from my LHBS. I'll only usually buy the TC series from big W when they're on special because my LHBS stocks all the other Cooper's cans at a better price than big W, Dan's or Woolies. 

2 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

I find my local big W shops around Adelaide rarely have LDM. They usually only keep be1 or 2. That being said, I find Cooper's LDM forms lumps too easily compared to the LDM I get from my LHBS. I'll only usually buy the TC series from big W when they're on special because my LHBS stocks all the other Cooper's cans at a better price than big W, Dan's or Woolies. 

Lucky you I usually find the prices at Big W very good. And today, a Australian Pale Ale can at around $12 seemed OK.

10 hours ago, DonPolo said:

Lucky you I usually find the prices at Big W very good. And today, a Australian Pale Ale can at around $12 seemed OK.

Yeah that's a good price, I'd grab that as well. I still do buy from big W or Dan's when things are on special. Dan's usually has a deal where u can buy a can of APA with a box of be2 for $20. I've used that before when I already had leftover hops etc. Just pays to shop around is all I'm getting at. I try and support small local businesses and the LHBS looks after us so it's a win win.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, karlos_1984 said:

I reckon it's only the TC range at the moment. My Mrs went in there and got me a can of bootmaker pale the other day, had to show the staff the price on their website because it was still marked at $23 or whatever.

Yeap TC range only. Same issue at my local Big W. Still marked at $23 on shelf so I did the self price check scan & it came up at $16 as per website. Good saving and been meaning to try this Pale Ale out. Straight to checkout, bypassed the staff and now planning my next Pale Ale. Pimping hints appreciated.

Archived