Coopers Community

Dealing with an addiction

King Ruddager

I also have a similar collection. I often use the thin glass pils and cognac glasses when I don't want the glass to steal too much chill from the beer in summer, but finding myself choosing thicker ones, like the good ole Headmasters for winter stouts and english beer.

Nice collection! I bought a 6 pack of Pilsner glasses from K Mart to take to a work christmas party one year, something I wouldn't care if they broke... I still have every one! I cant believe the kids break everything else except these to give me an excuse to buy something decent.

I mainly use one glass, it's the same as the two to the left of the page on this forum with the dark and light beer in them. I have 3 or 4 different pint glasses that I usually use for stout/porter but sometimes I feel like more than a schooner but not quite two of them so they're handy for that too. I also have a couple of litre steins that usually only come out on my birthday, but occasionally I use them on brew days as well so I don't have to refill as often, better in winter though ... in summer they go warm well before I finish them lol

What's peoples thoughts on cleaning them?

I never use detergent, usually just a solid rinse with warm water straight after I've finished drinking. A few times they've accidentally gone into the dish washer...

And I store them in the cupboard, but know a few people that keep them in the fridge.

• 3 months later...

Archived