Coopers Community

Greetings from Antarctica

Tsubodai

For the best longevity, keep liquid extract at <15C. Hops and dry yeast in the freezer. wink

I have saved the yeast cake from the Belgian Honey Trippel in a 5L conical flask. I used it for the Belgian Crystal Ale too and its still going strong so I think I'll try it out in a OS Dark Ale with some Amber LME' date=' Dark Candi sugar and (Hop suggestions please, Willamette?) as an experiment.

[/quote']You could use Willamette or maybe Enigma.

Feels good to be back!
It's good to have you back on board! biggrin

G'day Tsubodai, I see you planed this campaign with victory as it's end, that being "Good Beer" and what better result could one wish for. wink

Looking forward to see the "Bottling Army" deployed and in action, may conquest be your's. smile

Give our best regards to all the "troops", err people at the base. w00t

Cheers.

• 4 years later...

Bureaucrats are a-holes of the highest order. I wonder if ANY of them involved in deciding the change have ever been down there?

It'd be worth keeping things going just for the team building - instead they will likely be forced into equity guilt-trip training or gender acceptance seminars.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Bureaucrats are a-holes of the highest order. I wonder if ANY of them involved in deciding the change have ever been down there?

It'd be worth keeping things going just for the team building - instead they will likely be forced into equity guilt-trip training or gender acceptance seminars.

Just had a look at that article, that would suck - no home brew, get a life, it is always the way with them, making decisions that affect others without knowing the real situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Journeyman said:

This seems to be running through the Government and private sector. It appears that it is gaining momentum due to the entities not wanting to be exposed by allegations of breaching their duty of care if things get out of hand due employees drinking with work mates. The FIFO mining camps wet messes and the availability of alcohol are now under review due to somebody becoming overly amorous towards a co  worker which ended in tears.

As  Greeny said it is typical of the world we live in now.

Edited by Pickles Jones
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Come on.  Be fair.  They are going to get biscotti and a slushy machine instead.  The ABC reports -

Mr Ellis (Director of the Australian Antarctic Division)  said the AAD had plans to build a cafe for expeditioners, inspired by what he saw at an Italian Antarctic station last year.

He said while the Italian station allowed its expeditioners to enjoy alcohol, the social structure revolved around a cafe.

"It's got a coffee machine, it's got a whipped ice cream machine, a slushy machine, biscotti, chocolate, a tea bar. So we're going to shamelessly copy that."

Mr Ellis said healthy snacks would also be available, and there were plans to expand cooking and baking courses which were already offered by the AAD's chefs.

🥺

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thirsty Jim said:

Come on.  Be fair.  They are going to get biscotti and a slushy machine instead.  The ABC reports -

Mr Ellis (Director of the Australian Antarctic Division)  said the AAD had plans to build a cafe for expeditioners, inspired by what he saw at an Italian Antarctic station last year.

He said while the Italian station allowed its expeditioners to enjoy alcohol, the social structure revolved around a cafe.

"It's got a coffee machine, it's got a whipped ice cream machine, a slushy machine, biscotti, chocolate, a tea bar. So we're going to shamelessly copy that."

Mr Ellis said healthy snacks would also be available, and there were plans to expand cooking and baking courses which were already offered by the AAD's chefs.

🥺

Gee I bet the expeditioners couldn't wait for the New Cafe to open, try a cup of tea from the tea bar accompanied by a healthy snack before rushing off to attend the baking course!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pickles Jones said:

Gee I bet the expeditioners couldn't wait for the New Cafe to open, try a cup of tea from the tea bar accompanied by a healthy snack before rushing off to attend the baking course!

Yeah I can imagine the look of joy on their faces all stampeding to get there, they probably have TV's so they can watch Home & Away & Frasier re-runs.

What a bloody let down & of course all of the bureaucrats that decided this will be sipping on a Budweiser or a single malt 💩

• Like 3