Coopers Community

Budweiser's Super Bowl Ad

Gibbo

Just caught this on my Facebook feed and had a bit of a laugh.

I know they're in the business of selling lots and lots of beer (and they probably will, regardless), but is taking a shot at craft and microbreweries really the right way to do that?

Had a good chuckle at the confession that "We'll be brewing us some golden suds" -- is that because it tastes like fizzy dishwater?

Hi Gibbo.

That's Budweiser's way of illustrating the craft beer market is starting to make a dent in their profits! wink

I admit I'm not much of a fan of Grid Iron. A game that has 4 x 15 minute quarters, yet takes some 5hrs+ to complete is not really my thing. STOP, START, STOP, START, TIMEOUT (We don't know what we are doing!), AD BREAK......(Repeat several thousand times) = Boring.

I did however watch the end of the Superbowl. It took over ¼ of an hour to complete the last 1:50secs of the game!!

And at the end of all that, you get to watch a heap of steroid abusers (but apparently legal!), guys with a bigger belly than mine (still called "athletes"!), & guys that could probably hold their own wrestling a grizzly bear, cry & blubber all over each other & thanking God for helping them make the play of the day! lol

I'll pass thanks.

Lusty.

Hi Gibbo.

That's Budweiser's way of illustrating the craft beer market is starting to make a dent in their profits! wink

I admit I'm not much of a fan of Grid Iron. A game that has 4 x 15 minute quarters' date=' yet takes some 5hrs+ to complete is not really my thing. STOP, START, STOP, START, TIMEOUT (We don't know what we are doing!), AD BREAK......(Repeat several thousand times) = Boring.

I did however watch the end of the Superbowl. It took over ¼ of an hour to complete the last 1:50secs of the game!!

And at the end of all that, you get to watch a heap of steroid abusers (but apparently legal!), guys with a bigger belly than mine (still called "athletes"!), & guys that could probably hold their own wrestling a grizzly bear, cry & blubber all over each other & thanking God for helping them make the play of the day! [img']lol[/img]

I'll pass thanks.

Lusty.

This is the best thing I've read all day. lol

Yeah, we give the American bloke at work a bit of stick about it. Always asking him how many wickets each side has, which yard line you need to shoot from to score a 3-pointer, and how many innings between end-changes. Never understood the sport, not sure I ever will/want to... lol

RE: the craft breweries, apparently the Budweiser parent company just acquired Elysian Brewing in Seattle?

Archived