Coopers Community

New Coopers Ale bottles?

Soundawake

Being a Coopers Commercial beer supporter as well as a Coopers Home brew product supporter, I do find many of the comments in this thread from those who claim to be co-supporters of Coopers, a little strange.

The comments thus far are real "Tall Poppy tear down" like in their retorts. I say take into account the fact that a new bottling line was introduced into the factory recently, along with introducing a new bottle shape along with that. The company is one experiencing growth along with that, against the common trend. Give them the respect to adjust to these new conditions I say.

Let me be the first to kick your poppy, & watch it disperse into something barely noticeable!

Knockers are a dime a dozen, & are often ill informed prior to their negative comments.

Anthony.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 lusty

I note a small hint of what may be something a little untoward in this thread. It seems those negative posts all have something in common that these "people" were all inspired to join the order just to write such comments. No introductions from themselves, I wonder if the house rules are still in place because they've not been followed. I imagine we won't hear from such again.

Well I am going to have to keep an eye out for this horrible beer in the unusable bottles to see what the fuss is about.

On a tangent I do recall the time when Coopers moved to Regency Pk for the traditional leafy suburbs - I used to live near them and the smell of the malt was oh so yummy - and they had yeast issues. So many poor batches and such great service. My local bottle shop would let me crack a stubby in the shop and we'd share it until we found a drinkable six pack.

Awesome company with awesome service.

Lusty, I don't think you understand the seriousness of this matter.

Despite the super efficient bottling line that will assist Coopers to remain competitive and in business, the bottles don't fit in stubby holders. I don't think this major issue had been emphasised enough.

just bought a case of green and noticed the new slimline bottle straight away..

she just didn't sit in my palm the same....

glad it's still 375

looks a bit weird, and even looks like 330... but i guess one has to trust the label...

new stock into sydney northern beaches this week, cos last week at my local bottlo was the old fatboy, not this new slim boy...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just thought I would put my 2c into the mix as this has been the hot topic among Pale Ale drinkers for the start of 2014, and hopefully someone at Coopers is readying this.

Everyone I have spoken to is not happy for many reasons and while this may only be under 10 people it is 100% of surveyed opinions

The most noteable difference is the beer actually taste different out of the new bottles. I'm sure the liquid hasn't changed but possibly the cooling/insulation or storage capability of the bottle has??

Someone mentioned a funny after taste and I feel your pain, the beer taste doesn't seem to have the same hearty ale flavour and has a fizzy bitter after taste.

One friend has started sticking his PAs in the freezer briefly prior to drinking to smooth out the "new taste" were getting.

In my beer fridge , i used to be able to get about 20 beers standing up on the top shelf with good airflow through the fridge, now sadly i have to leave the beers in their cardboard and mesh the necks of the bottles together to squeeze them in, pretty annoying when you go to grab a coldy but something i will learn to live with I guess. Maybe Anthony can buy us all new fridges as I won't be remodelling my house and garage to suit a beer bottle!

The tall bottles less stable and don't fit properly in a cooler.. yes they are, it's annoying , but again something I'll learn to live with. I drink other beers in this type bottle and because it was always that way isn't a noticeable problem.

Apparently the new bottle is to fit more on a pallet, business is business so I totally understand why this has been done and there is no way that Coopers will go back to spending more money of packaging an logistics.

If I had a choice between the new stubby and the old style stubby in a 350ML format so it fits on a pallet, I would take the latter.

If you're reading this Coopers, grab your team and lab coats Monday morning and test the new and the old . Find out what has gone wrong!

When I go to the bottle-O today , i will be second guessing the beer in the green box and will probably walk out with a box of James Boags Premium.

Sorry Coopers you made me do it

dear coopers thankyou for ruining my Australia day weekend,just returned home from the shop with a new carton of coopers pale.I opened the carton put a stubby in my favourite stubby holder and there is a half centimetre gap between foam and stubby causing air circulation resulting in warm beer.I am sure I am not the only one experiencing this problem please rectify ASAP.

Thankyou,cranky coopers consumer.

dear coopers thankyou for ruining my Australia day weekend' date='[/quote']

Alright, I've stayed quiet on this one long enough. YOU GODDAMN PRINCESSES!

Never among beer drinkers anywhere have I heard such melodrama. Yes, I have tried the pale ale from the new bottles, no I can't taste a difference, and YES I HAVE BEEN DRINKING IT FOR YEARS.

My god, if the shape of a bottle of beer is enough to RUIN your Australia Day, you must have a pretty sweet life in every other regard.

Grow a pair you whining morons. They are still the same volume and the beer is the same.

If you MUST have your stubby holder, do it the Australian way and tie some duct tape around the friggin' thing so it's snug. Or here's another idea, POUR IT INTO A NICE CHILLED GLASS.

People, take a step back and look at how this 'disaster' sits in the big scheme of things.

(Suitable newsy fanfare, then grim-faced newsreader:)

Here is the news:

Coopers Brewery changed the shape of their stubbies today;

Australia's had a win over the Poms in cricket;

And in other news, World War 3 has broken out, and half the cities of the western world have been annihilated.

Now, to the lead story - Coopers managing director defended the brewery's action etc etc...

(Suitable newsy fanfare' date=' then grim-faced newsreader:)

Here is the news:

Coopers Brewery changed the shape of their stubbies today;

Australia's had a win over the Poms in cricket;

And in other news, World War 3 has broken out, and half the cities of the western world have been annihilated.

Now, to the lead story - Coopers managing director defended the brewery's action etc etc...[/quote']

lollollol

So the new bottlers are in. I can fit more in my fridge, they will not stand up in my little Esky, but I fit more in if they are horizontal. They taste just as good as always.

NOW when will we see the stubby cooler/holder to fit?

Or where can I get my hands on one of the size we want not of the dementions somebody wants to sell us?

Diameter to hug our 375ml bottle and at least 5" deep (130mm for you young blokes)

It appears Coopers have gone out on a limb and created a stubby which is completely different in shape to any other brewer in the known universe.

To all the people posting on this forum complaining about the shape of the bottle & how it doesn't fit any stubby holder you own, do you drink Coopers Pale Ale exclusively?? If the answer is "No" how do you keep other beer brands cold??

Here's a suggestion....take up drinking tea, & whack 2 teaspoons of concrete in it & HARDEN UP A BIT devil

I'd get up on my soap box again, but I reckon these guys are all just posting once then moving on. To anyone else who is thinking of doing the same: please check out some of the other threads before you whinge and leave. This is a great place to hang out, not just for spitting the dummy. (Most of the time, anyway.)

Of course, my other theory is that all these people are the same person. In which case, please go away.

Just bring back the old pale ale bottles ,can't believe they change shape and now me stubby holders are no good,plus the one's that do fit the bottles are now too short odd choice ,this does not feel like a man's beer bottle anymore , ooh no another skinny bottle fell over

Not happy

Hi, everyone. I started drinking Coopers in 1996-7 while living, working and studying in Adelaide. The stubby then was, well, stubby, and I believe it had a ring-pull top.

Since then, I have become attached to the "real" Coopers stubby. It fitted inside a neoprene cooler perfectly. Such a cooler is necessary in Qld.

Now the new bottle rattles around in a cooler and gains heat too quickly. Did someone actually ask for a thinner, taller bottle? Shame on them. Thank Gaia the beer is still great!

Please bring back the former stubby!

Thanks for the beer.

Regards,

PZ.

Archived