Coopers Community

New Coopers Ale bottles?

Soundawake

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They fit none of my stubby holders. I have once had them fall on my lap out of the cup holder in my car and twice into the bilge from the beer holders in my boat. I am dismayed at the incredibly silly idea that the bottle needed to be redesigned, just a little. Was it a marketing guru talking about refreshing the packaging, a slimmer look? I hope there was a better reason because I have drunk pale and sparkling all my life - my grandfather taught me - and this suggests change for change's sake. Perhaps I'll look for other beers that taste as good and have standard stubby sizes bottles.

Seriously, the only reason I can see for changing the shape of the bottle is to reduce the volume and hope we won’t notice, Boags tried it and I for one stopped buying until they woke up. Coopers Pale Ale is a good drop, but there are lots of others out there now. I for one won’t stick with Coopers if they reduce the volume.

I admit as you get older, you are less accepting of change regardless of where & what it occurs with. I know I am to a certain degree. innocent

That said, when it comes to a commercial beer I like to drink, CPA being my goto beer, the only things I really care about (in this case) are that the volume is the same as I was paying for previously, the beer inside the new bottle tastes the same, & when I turn this bottle upside down with the lid off, it pours this beer into my gob!

Beyond that, what else is there that is really worth whining about? "My stubbie holder doesn't fit the new bottle" is a joke to read from a person supposedly over 18yrs of age to even mention.

Grow up, & move on.

Anthony.

I agree with Beerlust about change & age not a big fan of the new bottles and agree with some of the comments ,but alot of good boutique beers are loose in normal stubbie holders because they are 330ml ,if the packaging change helps keep Australia's only major brewer competitive i'm for it.

Can't say i've noticed a taste difference, prefer my Coopers be it homebrew,mild ale ,pale ale or stout from a glass bottle to a glass

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of the new bottles either. People seem to be getting up on their high horse to defend them simply to have a crack at the people complaining about them.. calm your tits people everyone deserves a say and if that's how they feel about the new bottle then so be it. Yes they don't fit in a standard stubby holder. Yes they fall over in cup holders. The biggest problem for me (and I reckon others too) is they just feel crap when you pick them up. One of my favourite things about drinking Sparkling was, aside from the fact that it's the best beer in the world, the nuggety hand grenade feel of the stubby that confirmed the fact that I was drinking a man's beer whenever I lifted it to my lips. Now it feels like I'm clutching some sort of imported wank beer. It's still my favourite beer, but it's definitely lost points for unnecessarily changing the shape of the stubby. Kudos Coopers for brewing amazing frothies but... why? You've made baby Jesus very sad.

Beyond that, what else is there that is really worth whining about? "My stubbie holder doesn't fit the new bottle" is a joke to read from a person supposedly over 18yrs of age to even mention.

Grow up, & move on.

Anthony.

well in saying what you have i'm 3 times 18 and i'm not going to buy a stubby holder to fit the bottles

as my other post that's my bitch about the upgrade full stop.

G'day everyone

I just joined up today and no not prompted by the change in bottle design. However as I was looking through the forum threads I found this topic.

First of all cant describe how much I enjoy a coopers ale, from my first taste at a party down the beach in winter 97' (I remember it well) I have not bothered to drink anything else. Being from North Queensland it's hard to find places that serve it in glasses and in bottles, but I go well out of my way find them.

Now on to the issue at hand, most of what I'm gonna say has been said but I was amazed that so many people felt the same, all my mates up here drink coopers too and we all mentioned it to each other, the change in bottle design.

We all agreed that we're not fans of the change. My reason being the feel of the bottle before it sat in the palm of your hand with a nice firm grip around it, feeling natural. The new design I feel I should raise my pinky while having sips from my boutique beer. Yes there is the cooler issue too and I do believe it warms quicker, saying that the answer there is "drink quicker". Also the look of the bottles just doesn't seem genuine, the glass, the label it all looks too glossy and plastic.

Well I hoped I explained we'll enough why I don't like the bottle change. I would like to say though its not gonna change how I feel about the wet goodness that sits inside these bottle.

Lovethebeer

I am not against the new bottle (although they do not store in the fridge as well) my main concern is that it is the beginning to a reduction to the quantity contained.

Please Coopers confirm that is not intended to reduce the quantity from 375ml to 330ml.

I am not against the new bottle (although they do not store in the fridge as well) my main concern is that it is the beginning to a reduction to the quantity contained.

Please Coopers confirm that is not intended to reduce the quantity from 375ml to 330ml.

Please confirm this' date=' for focs sake!

Sorry I couldn't resist [img']innocent[/img]

G'day all,

I've been an avid Cooper's drinker for many a year. New to the forum, never had a need to join until now. I'm really disgusted with these new corona style bottles. Definitely "a dick in a shirt sleeve" when trying to put it in a stubbie holder.

Please Cooper's can you make life normal again, please reinstate the normal size mid necks. I feel that is very arrogant of your company to change something so important to your product without any consultation with your loyal followers. If it comes down to boxes per pallets, bring back the hand grenade stubbies. You'll get your boxes per pallet, we'll be able to fit more in the fridge or esky, we'll feel like men again and our stubbie holders will fit snug.

Please Cooper's can you make life normal again' date=' please reinstate the normal size mid necks. I feel that is [b']very arrogant of your company[/b] to change something so important to your product without any consultation with your loyal followers.

I feel the use of manners & abuse in the same paragraph is sending a mixed message. innocent

Please Cooper's can you make life normal again' date=' please reinstate the normal size mid necks. I feel that is [b']very arrogant of your company[/b] to change something so important to your product without any consultation with your loyal followers.

I feel the use of manners & abuse in the same paragraph is sending a mixed message. innocent

Like something you'd say to a robot to make its head explode.

Archived