Coopers Community

Turnaround time

King Ruddager

I usually try to keep in a three week cycle, this seems to work well for the beer and with other things going on in life. How much I brew each time depends on what my supply is like, I currently have 3 FVs fermenting at the moment but next cycle I will probably only run 2. Occasionally I end up with nothing fermenting for a week due to time constraints but it doesn't go longer than a week [happy] !!!

So you're brewing 5 to 7 cartons every three weeks? How do you get through it all??

I suppose I am - I never looked at it that way [innocent] ....

The question is probably not so much how I get through it, but how my thirsty brothers and mates get through it [devil] . For example, I took 40 bottles to a party on Saturday night, and yep - all gone!!! So there goes 3 cartons or so. This happens a bit around my place, on Bathurst weekend a few mates came around, had a belly full of beer and took their megaswill filled eskies home with them!!! Another party on this Saturday so the same thing will most likely happen again.

Maybe I need new mates...!!![roll]

I was brewing every 2-3 weeks until I filled all my bottles. Now I only put a brew in the FV when I have enough empties, so it's probably only every month or two now. Although, it depends on whether I have mates around for "taste testing" sessions or parties to go to where I usually take a few of my brews along. I went through a heap of stubbies on Saturday night, woke up Sunday with no hangover. Bonus!

My beers are generally in the fermentor for 3 weeks. Once I bottle I try to get a new brew on the next day - so essentially I try to stick to a 3 week cycle.

Depending on my whereabouts I may have anywhere between 1 & 3 down months a year where I'm not brewing - but during these times I'm not around so my stocks are only ageing and not being depleted.

Hi Ruddager.

Up until my last brew (a lager), I have been bottling & brewing a new batch each week. I'm currently running on a 2 week cycle to get my stock levels up. Once I'm satisfied with stored levels, I'll probably aim to only brew once a fortnight to 3 weeks.

I hope you're enjoying your brewing. [joyful]

Anthony.

I now have two DIY FVs on the go, and too much beer [pinched] .

Since the beginning of September I have bottled or kegged nine brews. At the moment I have two brews in the FV, the Coopers Celebration Ale which is done and the Pacific Ale which has just started.

The Celebration Ale has been down for 2.3 weeks and the last one I kegged, the Fruit Salad was down for 3 weeks. When I bottle the Celebration I will leave that FV empty and plan to cycle the other FV at three weeks.

When I get some more kegs the plan will be to drop two brews at a pretty much the same time and then keg them within a couple of days, after 3 weeks. This way I can load the Kegerator with suitably aged pairs.

The odd special brew, such as a Belgian, will go into bottles in between kegs.

I normally keep one FV full and one for racking and bulk priming, and put on a brew every 2 or 3 weeks. but I have a small batch of Tripel messing everything up at the moment.[annoyed]

Probably going to end up doing a couple of one week brews just to get my empty bottles back into the rotation.

I brew roughly 46 litres per fortnight sometimes have a week rest in between like I am at the moment so sometimes I am pumping out 8 Cartons a month I use glass stubbies proper brewing PET's and also soft drink PET's I just keep them in a dark place. I work hard and I play hard ha ha and my mates like to come around for home brews on a regular basis. so beer moves quickly around here I love brewing and I love drinking it even more [rightful] [biggrin]

I use glass stubbies proper brewing PET's and also soft drink PET's I just keep them in a dark place.

How do the soft drink PETs go Wayne? How long do they hold their Carb? Thinking it might be a good way to get extra "high turnover" brews made for festive occasions. [bandit]

I use glass stubbies proper brewing PET's and also soft drink PET's I just keep them in a dark place.

How do the soft drink PETs go Wayne? How long do they hold their Carb? Thinking it might be a good way to get extra "high turnover" brews made for festive occasions. [bandit]

They hold their carb quite well I try to use them up within 6 months but have a few here that are nearly 12 months old and still hold the carb fine just make sure the caps have the rubber seals and do them up tight.

Jingle Bells, jingle bells, the Trooper stole a Santa hat..

Jingle Bells, jingle bells, the Elves will want it back!

Good luck fighting back the wave of elves Lotm. Holding jugs of beer jiving, & holding jugs of beer jiving with Santa's hat on, grabs different levels of attention. [tongue]

Hahaha.... [lol]

Anthony.

The problem with store bought beer is now that i have a taste for hops, cheap-ass beer isn't enjoyable any more...

Damn you Homebrew!! You wrecked my Dutch Gold[annoyed]

Ditto, but at least homebrew has cured my expensive addiction to Kilkenny

Yep, once this damn lager brew is bottled tomorrow I can get back to my usual alternate week brewing/bottling ales with my 2 FV's. A brew bottled each week & a brew put down each week. Stockpiling is hard work & expensive because I'm still buying commercial beer while I'm brewing to allow most of it to age.

By about early February next year, I should be in a good place with my stocks.

Until then, shoulder to the grindstone! [pinched]

Anthony.

Archived