Coopers Community

Turnaround time

King Ruddager

Hiya Otto man. [happy]

You make it almost sound like a chore Lusty.[lol]

I was brewing every 2-3 weeks until I filled all my bottles. Now I only put a brew in the FV when I have enough empties' date=' so it's probably only every month or two now...[/quote']

Compared to your current schedule.....Yes it is. [pinched]

Good luck with your current experiments. [joyful]

Anthony.

I wish I was still brewing frequently, it gave me something to do on my non-hangover weekend days. Having said that, it's nice to have 250-300 odd stubbies of beer ageing in the garage. The only bit that I'm not fond of is bottling but it's gotta be done. I guess the only way I'd get back to a 2 or 3 weekly cycle is if I didn't brew for ages or someone donated a heap of bottles [lol]

The only bit that I'm not fond of is bottling but it's gotta be done. [lol]

Hate it.

Just completed an inventory, I have 220 litres bottled and kegged. I think I need to see a counsellor [devil].

I did fill 45 bottles with the Celbration Ale today though.

The largest volume of bottles that I ever have to sterilize & rinse in any one sitting, is whatever I managed to drink in one sitting at a party I hosted. Current Homebrew drainage record: 23.

Apart from that, my usual routine is to clean as part of my drinking at home. I do a basic rinse from the tap after I've filled my glass, then pump the bottle with pink stain dissolved in boiling water via a simple device, then bottle brush, then final rinse via the tap. Each bottle done in about 30 seconds.

No big bottle wash day for this little black duck. [biggrin]

Anthony.

In regards to bottling its not so hard if you wash your bottles immediately after use. I have gotten pissed and had a heap of bottles lay around for a couple of days and had to clean them that was enough for me to just wash them after I finish each bottle. With my soft drink PET's I do wash them all in one sitting and sanitize but after I use them I throw them out so handy when mates are around I don't want to be cleaning bottles all night. I can't wait for a bigger house with a Keezer kegs will be a dream come true[love]

Apart from that' date=' my usual routine is to clean as part of my drinking at home. I do a basic rinse from the tap after I've filled my glass, then pump the bottle with pink stain dissolved in boiling water via a simple device, then bottle brush, then final rinse via the tap. Each bottle done in about 30 seconds.[/quote']

That sounds like way too much hard work! For me it is just a rinse on emptying and then a spritz of no rinse sanitiser on bottling day. Too easy [biggrin]

Also, like Wayne I often bottle some of the batch in soft drink bottles. They work great as long as they are kept in the dark.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the convenience of bottles, once they're bottled that is. I also don't have a big bottling washing day, rinse clean as you go and its pretty easy for me as the common session would be 2 longnecks or 4 stubbies. However which ever way you look at it they still need to be sanitised right before bottling, they still need to be drained, filled individually, capped, and stacked.

My kegs, when its empty I leave it pressurised until its time to refill. Then its rinse, clean, sanitise and fill. When you are filling a keg you don\u2019t even have to be with the keg while its filling [biggrin]

I only have to do it once per batch instead of 30 or 60 times per batch. The only thing that needs rinsing on a regular basis is the beer glass [happy] .

Apart from that I am convinced that Draught Beer tastes different. To early for me to say if that different is always better but my English Bitters were definitely better out of the keg. Its hard to compare apples with apples due to the aging process and volume relationship. However I will maintain that my EBs drunk from the keg between 6 weeks and 12 weeks of age taste a lot better than the same batch that has been bottled for 12 weeks.

Scottie - No need to plead your case....kegging beats bottling hands down [cool]

I can only dream of moving to kegging [love]

And yet I have more beer in bottles than kegs [unsure]

And I continue to resist a full move to kegging for some unknown reason [roll]

Oh that's right its all about the $$$$$$$$$ [innocent]

I have a problem......

attachment.php?attach_id=272ac3af115f1db5dee0368d0ecf0133&mid=id.138519806299142&hash=AQBoXn7qHneERx-J

All those boxes are full. And I am running out of space!!!! So, I'm getting mates around to help clean up [lol]

I even found a box full of empty bottles I didn't know was there.

And yes, I am attempting to keep the green bottles out of the light - the fridge is not turned on, just staying shut.

2 FVs on alternating fortnights. One week I'll bottle from and refill FV 'A' the next from FV 'B' giving two week fermentation time.

Currently tho both FV are on a rest until the silly season is over (a little too busy to brew atm [annoyed] )

Good thing thing I've got a few (100+) bottles full atm :D

Archived