Coopers Community

What bands / artists have you seen live over the years ?

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I have never been one for bands & head-banging stuff, I have been to a few decent concerts in my time, mainly The Highwaymen, Barnsy, Rod Stewart & in the old days the Beatles, Billy Thorpe, Normie Rowe, The Platters (don't laugh) & lots of others but these days I am quite happy to watch YouTube in 4K on the big screen & run old stuff like Simon & Garfunkel, George Strait, Alan Jackson & heaps of others. I do like the Stones though.

Who’s laughin - I saw the Platters many many years ago in Perth at the then new Entertainment Centre - now those guys could sing 🎶 
Have a crack at this Phil, I reckon if ya haven’t heard of him, you’ll dig it 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Who’s laughin - I saw the Platters many many years ago in Perth at the then new Entertainment Centre - now those guys could sing 🎶 
Have a crack at this Phil, I reckon if ya haven’t heard of him, you’ll dig it 

Yeah mate, Jimmy Buffett was great, he sang "It's 5.00 o'clock somewhere" with Alan Jackson.

AJ.htm

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I have never been one for bands & head-banging stuff, I have been to a few decent concerts in my time, mainly The Highwaymen, Barnsy, Rod Stewart & in the old days the Beatles, Billy Thorpe, Normie Rowe, The Platters (don't laugh) & lots of others but these days I am quite happy to watch YouTube in 4K on the big screen & run old stuff like Simon & Garfunkel, George Strait, Alan Jackson & heaps of others. I do like the Stones though.

Not laughing at all ol sausage. There's some excellent bands there you've seen. I'm into absolutely all kinds of music. Anything and everything. My Mrs thinks I'm a weirdo. I can change from listening to Elvis Presley then next minute Iron Maiden or Guns n Roses. 

The only thing I refuse to listen to is Jazz and Opera.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2024 at 6:28 PM, Pale Man said:

Guns and Roses

Crowded House

Living End

Noiseworks

Angels

Cold Chisel

Screaming Jets

Baby Animals

Hoodu Gurus

Teskey Brothers

Killing Heidi

Super Jesus

Midnight oil

Mondo Rock

Jet

Chocolate Starfish

Choir Boys

Pseudo Echo

Hunters And Collecters

The Black Sorrows

Jimmy Barnes x 5

Suzie Quatro

James Reyne

Mark Seymore

Linda and Vicka

Toni Childs

Daryl Braithwaite

Wendy Mathews

Xavier Rudd

John Stevens

Paul Kelly

Ian Moss

Richard Clapton

John Williamson

The list goes on I've forgotten quite a few. Going to see Iron Maiden in September.

I can update my list now to include

Iron Maiden

Killswitch Engage 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Not laughing at all ol sausage. There's some excellent bands there you've seen. I'm into absolutely all kinds of music. Anything and everything. My Mrs thinks I'm a weirdo. I can change from listening to Elvis Presley then next minute Iron Maiden or Guns n Roses. 

Yeah, I could add to the list, but where do you start, there are so many bands from the 70' to the 90's, what about the Hollies, they were good, so many more.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I could add to the list, but where do you start, there are so many bands from the 70' to the 90's, what about the Hollies, they were good, so many more.

I was very young in the 70's. My Mum and Dad didnt have much. They had me when they were 17. One thing they did have was a record player. Mum worked as a checkout chick and would by a single vinyl record every fortnight. Play it loud once a fortnight. Thats where my msic love comes from. 

Mum and Dad saw the original AC/DC band in Whyalla at the Sundowner Hotel. Live bands back then were a big thing.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I was very young in the 70's. My Mum and Dad didnt have much. They had me when they were 17. One thing they did have was a record player. Mum worked as a checkout chick and would by a single vinyl record every fortnight. Play it loud once a fortnight. Thats where my msic love comes from. 

Mum and Dad saw the original AC/DC band in Whyalla at the Sundowner Hotel. Live bands back then were a big thing.

Yeah, I understand, I remember the Otcagen at Elizabeth where Jimmy Barnes used to play..

Lot's of others as well. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I understand, I remember the Otcagen at Elizabeth where Jimmy Barnes used to play..

Lot's of others as well. 

Wow........I would give my left nut to see Jimmy at Elizabeth when he was forming. Jimmy grew up in Elizabeth.

Then he got with with Cold Chisel and played at the Largs Pier in Semaphore. AC/DC also played there.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Lot's of others as well. 

I'm that tragic I've got Jimmy's books. Read them all twice over. So cool.

IMG_20240907_202308.jpg

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Wow........I would give my left nut to see Jimmy at Elizabeth when he was forming. Jimmy grew up in Elizabeth.

Then he got with with Cold Chisel and played at the Largs Pier in Semaphore. AC/DC also played there.  

I know,  I was there, with a companion 👧 Ha Ha, you know what I mean.🐎

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Not sure how to classify my taste in music. I sing, or better make horrible noises, along many things when I listen to the radio or if it is on TV but I am fairly limited with what I listen to actively. It is mainly Metal and Punk but also some 70s and 80s Prog/Kraut Rock, If I play all music on my phone, which doubles as my car stereo, you may also hear some Chris de Burgh and of course some Aussie classics. When I want to relax with a beer in my hand, I do occasionally listen to classical music, much to the dismay of SWMBO. What you will not find on my phone is Hip-Hop, Jazz or Opera. I couldn't stand Hip-Hop when it became a thing in the late 70s and I still can't. Jazz to me sounds like 5 guys all playing a different song and while the music in Opera is good, the singing drives me mad. It is so unnatural, it hurts 🙂 But that's just me and I am not judging others for what they listen to. If you like Hip-Hop, that's OK, some people thought WWI was a good idea 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah mate, Jimmy Buffett was great, he sang "It's 5.00 o'clock somewhere" with Alan Jackson.

AJ.htm 994.12 kB · 4 downloads

Yep I’m a big fan of Mr Buffett’s work @Classic Brewing Co - I have all his music - we lost him too soon to a rare type of skin cancer, he was a prolific songwriter with an album released just before his passing “Equal Strain on all Parts” in late 2023.

Zac Brown the guy who Jimmy featured with in that track I posted goes alright as well I reckon 

Have a crack at this one for  another example 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:
21 hours ago, jennyss said:

@Aussiekraut, the lyrics to this song are very moving. The band is good - are they in the prog/rock genre would you say?

I'd call it prog rock and or hard rock.

Is it just me - or can I hear a little bit of Bowie in that lead singer's voice. 

Flew home yesterday from work (FIFO), caught the train straight into Fortitude Valley and went and saw British Lion at The Triffid.

They had an exceptional sound, Steve Harris was well, Steve Harris, in fact the whole band were a very tight unit, great concert.

Round 2 tonight with Maiden. 👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Flew home yesterday from work (FIFO), caught the train straight into Fortitude Valley and went and saw British Lion at The Triffid.

They had an exceptional sound, Steve Harris was well, Steve Harris, in fact the whole band were a very tight unit, great concert.

Round 2 tonight with Maiden. 👍

IMG_0701.mov

Enjoy Maiden spectacular. Don't expect any older songs except The Trooper and Fear Of The Dark. 

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Enjoy Maiden spectacular. Don't expect any older songs except The Trooper and Fear Of The Dark. 

Plus The Prisoner and Iron Maiden (almost a given).  That's what they played on Saturday night in Melbourne.

You're gonna love it.  They have still got it.

• Like 3