Coopers Community

What Do Ya Do For A Crust?

Pale Man

51 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Had to do my test in a manual with high and low range. The old coot made me double declutch the whole time.

yeah   they all do and they expect you to do it the test.    but the good thing is though when your on ya own   you dont even have to use the clutch  just move the gear stick to the gear ya want  providing you have all the right revs      which is a much smoother  practice.     but they just want to be comfortable you know how to  double clutch  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Had to do my test in a manual with high and low range. The old coot made me double declutch the whole time.

Haha. I got my truck licence when I worked for Tip Top in the 80s. I started off in a Ford Transit (car licence) but got put on a bigger round that required truck licence. I had no idea how to double declutch. Luckily for me the examiner's dad was a former bread carter and he reminisced about it during the whole test. When it came time to demonstrate double declutching he virtually gave me a lesson on how to do it. "Just slow right down etc, etc.."  I battled through and he said, "Close enough." 🤣

• Haha 5

@Pale Man, thanks for the question, it’s a goodie, but just remember you asked - MMMMMMK 😉

I’m retired now, but here’s a little of my history what I did, and where I went.

• I started my workin' life when I was still at school, as a shop assistant in my local greengrocery store at the age of 14 to earn a few bucks (to go out dancin’, chasin’ the fairer sex an smokin’ ciggy’s)
  • I left school at 15 years old – 3rd year high (coz the school wrote to my folks and suggested it would be in everyone’s best interest if Vincent (that's what they call me when I'm in trouble 😉) didn’t continue his scholastic studies. Well, while mum was devastated (coz she worked every day of her life to put my older brother and I through college), I was over the moon 🥳
  • It's 1974, and dad say's "well son, ya best get yaself a job, ya got two weeks and if ya haven't got one by then, you are comin' inta work with me". Well I couldn’t get the electrical apprenticeship I wanted (my maths results were absolute rubbish), so I very reluctantly took on a sheetmetal worker apprenticeship at the same company dad was a foreman (that was interesting for all the wrong reasons – absolute no favouritism afforded there, in fact the absolute opposite – extremely large shoes to follow in and it was a bloody dangerous sweetshop) – I bitterly hated those four years of my life.
  • Turns out, the 'ol man knew a little somefin, coz that apprenticeship was a fantastic foundation for me. I went on to run my own business (primarily installing UHT equipment in the two main Perth dairies) as stainless steel welding (TIG) and fabrication was now my forte. – Did well, but no time for anyone or thing else, just work, work, work.
  • 1982 Got married had two kids and wanted to move back to the country and spend prime time with the kids, after 10 years of applying and reapplying for a job each year at Argyle Diamonds I finally got the call - YES !!!.
  • Started with Argyle Diamonds in 1993 as a fixed plant maintenance person – WOOHOO – I’d made it – that joint was an absolutely amazing place to work in those days, it was all about training and educating employees to be their best in whatever profession that suited them the best. – amazing and completely different to what I was used to…
  • Within 2 months of working at Argyle (that was about 4 rotations of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off) I was seconded to a team put together to build their new health and safety system. I had no idea what I was getting into, but it would turn out to be the second best decision I was to ever make (I married the love of my life - that will always be my best decision) – life changing and career changing. 👏 ✔️ 👍 
  • After about 10 years at Argyle Diamonds, I left as an experienced H&S Advisor so I could be at home full time for a year or two before the kids left home for good to start their own lives.
  • I start my own business again, this time consulting in my new career; Health and Safety – WOOH that was hard graft, it took 12 months to get a name and for the Wine Industry (which is what I was targeting as there’s not a lot of other major industry in the sou' west of WA) to accept me and take a chance on what I had to offer.
  • Fast forward about 8 years and life is great, we’re makin’ a quid and we’re very happy bein' our own bosses, then one morning, I’m sittin’ in me jocks in front of the computer sippin’ on a cup of coffee and eatin' me vegemite 'n toast (as my day would typically start), I say to my much better half, honey, I think I’m startin' to believe my own bullsh!t, I think I need to get back into the real world for a bit, what ya think.
  • Within 2 hours of sending my resume off for a job that entices me, the phone rings and I’m booked in for an interview. That results in an offer I would be downright stupid to knock back, so now we’re back into the FIFO lifestyle, working for BGC Contracting, mining nickel out of Leinster in the northern Goldfields of WA, I work for BGC as Health, Safety, Environment and Training Superintendent for about 10 years at multiple sites in WA, mostly iron ore.
  • I leave BGC and return to consulting for a bit, working for ERM, a global consultancy. COVID hits and stops all travel, so that was the death knell for that role.
  • 2019 I’ll turn 60 this year, so time to finish off the career, and lookin to when I can retire, so I take one last FIFO role with Gold Fields at their Granny Smith site in Laverton (back out in the northern Goldfields of WA). Lasted two years and I’d had a gut full. Time to call time …

I’m now comin’ up to my second year in retirement and I can honestly say it is the best gig I have ever had and HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT

So here’s to good health, face crackin’ smiles and plenty of cold brews at hand every day, doin' what I like, when I like, with whom I like, where I like, for as long as I like - WOO FRINGIN' HOO 🥳👏🍺🍺

P.S. Paley, take good care with exothermic welding cobber, it’s an interesting process, but (as I hope you already are aware of) has its own unique inherent hazards you need to be familiar with mate (ie; fumes, heat, & wet stuff)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

@Pale Man, thanks for the question, it’s a goodie, but just remember you asked - MMMMMMK 😉

I’m retired now, but here’s a little of my history what I did, and where I went.

• I started my workin' life when I was still at school, as a shop assistant in my local greengrocery store at the age of 14 to earn a few bucks (to go out dancin’, chasin’ the fairer sex an smokin’ ciggy’s)
  • I left school at 15 years old – 3rd year high (coz the school wrote to my folks and suggested it would be in everyone’s best interest if Vincent (that's what they call me when I'm in trouble 😉) didn’t continue his scholastic studies. Well, while mum was devastated (coz she worked every day of her life to put my older brother and I through college), I was over the moon 🥳
  • It's 1974, and dad say's "well son, ya best get yaself a job, ya got two weeks and if ya haven't got one by then, you are comin' inta work with me". Well I couldn’t get the electrical apprenticeship I wanted (my maths results were absolute rubbish), so I very reluctantly took on a sheetmetal worker apprenticeship at the same company dad was a foreman (that was interesting for all the wrong reasons – absolute no favouritism afforded there, in fact the absolute opposite – extremely large shoes to follow in and it was a bloody dangerous sweetshop) – I bitterly hated those four years of my life.
  • Turns out, the 'ol man knew a little somefin, coz that apprenticeship was a fantastic foundation for me. I went on to run my own business (primarily installing UHT equipment in the two main Perth dairies) as stainless steel welding (TIG) and fabrication was now my forte. – Did well, but no time for anyone or thing else, just work, work, work.
  • 1982 Got married had two kids and wanted to move back to the country and spend prime time with the kids, after 10 years of applying and reapplying for a job each year at Argyle Diamonds I finally got the call - YES !!!.
  • Started with Argyle Diamonds in 1993 as a fixed plant maintenance person – WOOHOO – I’d made it – that joint was an absolutely amazing place to work in those days, it was all about training and educating employees to be their best in whatever profession that suited them the best. – amazing and completely different to what I was used to…
  • Within 2 months of working at Argyle (that was about 4 rotations of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off) I was seconded to a team put together to build their new health and safety system. I had no idea what I was getting into, but it would turn out to be the second best decision I was to ever make (I married the love of my life - that will always be my best decision) – life changing and career changing. 👏 ✔️ 👍 
  • After about 10 years at Argyle Diamonds, I left as an experienced H&S Advisor so I could be at home full time for a year or two before the kids left home for good to start their own lives.
  • I start my own business again, this time consulting in my new career; Health and Safety – WOOH that was hard graft, it took 12 months to get a name and for the Wine Industry (which is what I was targeting as there’s not a lot of other major industry in the sou' west of WA) to accept me and take a chance on what I had to offer.
  • Fast forward about 8 years and life is great, we’re makin’ a quid and we’re very happy bein' our own bosses, then one morning, I’m sittin’ in me jocks in front of the computer sippin’ on a cup of coffee and eatin' me vegemite 'n toast (as my day would typically start), I say to my much better half, honey, I think I’m startin' to believe my own bullsh!t, I think I need to get back into the real world for a bit, what ya think.
  • Within 2 hours of sending my resume off for a job that entices me, the phone rings and I’m booked in for an interview. That results in an offer I would be downright stupid to knock back, so now we’re back into the FIFO lifestyle, working for BGC Contracting, mining nickel out of Leinster in the northern Goldfields of WA, I work for BGC as Health, Safety, Environment and Training Superintendent for about 10 years at multiple sites in WA, mostly iron ore.
  • I leave BGC and return to consulting for a bit, working for ERM, a global consultancy. COVID hits and stops all travel, so that was the death knell for that role.
  • 2019 I’ll turn 60 this year, so time to finish off the career, and lookin to when I can retire, so I take one last FIFO role with Gold Fields at their Granny Smith site in Laverton (back out in the northern Goldfields of WA). Lasted two years and I’d had a gut full. Time to call time …

I’m now comin’ up to my second year in retirement and I can honestly say it is the best gig I have ever had and HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT

So here’s to good health, face crackin’ smiles and plenty of cold brews at hand every day, doin' what I like, when I like, with whom I like, where I like, for as long as I like - WOO FRINGIN' HOO 🥳👏🍺🍺

P.S. Paley, take good care with exothermic welding cobber, it’s an interesting process, but (as I hope you already are aware of) has its own unique inherent hazards you need to be familiar with mate (ie; fumes, heat, & wet stuff)

Excellent story fella thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Completed my apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter.

Worked in various places over the yrs (mainly Oil & Gas) as a Mech Fitter, had a knee replacement at 47 so took a sideways move, no swinging spanners anymore. 

Completed a Cert IV in Training & Assessing & a Diploma in Engineering, so last 10yrs or so worked FIFO as a Mechanical Trainer or a Permit Coordinator.

I currently work as a FIFO Permit Coordinator on the Snowy 2 Hydro Project, 2 weeks on, 1 week off. 

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Completed my apprenticeship as a Mechanical Fitter.

Worked in various places over the yrs (mainly Oil & Gas) as a Mech Fitter, had a knee replacement at 47 so took a sideways move, no swinging spanners anymore. 

Completed a Cert IV in Training & Assessing & a Diploma in Engineering, so last 10yrs or so worked FIFO as a Mechanical Trainer or a Permit Coordinator.

I currently work as a FIFO Permit Coordinator on the Snowy 2 Hydro Project, 2 weeks on, 1 week off. 

All too complicated for me RD, I have been in sales & marketing all of my life, I don't know one spanner from the next. 🤔

But that's OK, I don't really want to. 😉

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

All too complicated for me RD, I have been in sales & marketing all of my life, I don't know one spanner from the next. 🤔

But that's OK, I don't really want to. 😉

Trade comes in handy when repairing or building things, even repairing kegs or brewing equipment. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

Trade comes in handy when repairing or building things, even repairing kegs or brewing equipment. 

Yeah, I do agree with that, so far with kegging I haven't had too many issues, usually it's easily sorted but I have never been a handyman apart from obvious, day to day stuff or minor maintenance around the home.

I am lucky really as I have other skills that I can usually 'trade off' with friends/neighbours etc. We all help each other.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I do agree with that, so far with kegging I haven't had too many issues, usually it's easily sorted but I have never been a handyman apart from obvious, day to day stuff or minor maintenance around the home.

I am lucky really as I have other skills that I can usually 'trade off' with friends/neighbours etc. We all help each other.

Yep, that's the crack @Classic Brewing Co - funny how the key things we learn in life (which can be different for each of us) continue to reward us in our life outside of work - solving others promotional problems and thinking outside of the normal comes to mind here for you Phil - good job cobber 👏 - I'll drink to that (mind you I don't need too much of an excuse) 😉 😂🍺🍺

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Yep, that's the crack @Classic Brewing Co - funny how the key things we learn in life (which can be different for each of us) continue to reward us in our life outside of work - solving others promotional problems and thinking outside of the normal comes to mind here for you Phil - good job cobber 👏 - I'll drink to that (mind you I don't need too much of an excuse) 😉 😂🍺🍺

Yes, that is correct, my neighbour is a good bloke & he restores & collects vintage motorbikes & parts, AJS & Matchless, he has a couple of huge sheds stacked full of everything motorbikes & he spends all day in there quietly going about his business, but when it comes to the android phone, computer or TV, he turns into a madman cussing & getting angry with everything as he is not very tech-savvy. I have to help him with everything.

He refuses to embrace technology & also very old fashioned in his ways, so I spend a lot of time over there sorting everything for him & the wife.

They recently changed their ISP & of course I had to connect everything & setup their email accounts, re-connect the printers to wi-fi etc. Also sorting out their files & general maintenance.

The good part is he drinks Coopers Pale Ale, so my skills are rewarded in kind. He helps me with a few fiddly electrical/household/mechanical jobs, so it all works out in the end.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, that is correct, my neighbour is a good bloke & he restores & collects vintage motorbikes & parts, AJS & Matchless, he has a couple of huge sheds stacked full of everything motorbikes & he spends all day in there quietly going about his business, but when it comes to the android phone, computer or TV, he turns into a madman cussing & getting angry with everything as he is not very tech-savvy. I have to help him with everything.

He refuses to embrace technology & also very old fashioned in his ways, so I spend a lot of time over there sorting everything for him & the wife.

They recently changed their ISP & of course I had to connect everything & setup their email accounts, re-connect the printers to wi-fi etc. Also sorting out their files & general maintenance.

The good part is he drinks Coopers Pale Ale, so my skills are rewarded in kind. He helps me with a few fiddly electrical/household/mechanical jobs, so it all works out in the end.

Yep, that’s what I’m talkin bout - what a great arrangement - there’s something about sharing knowledge and skills that is just really satisfying I reckon 

Good for you Phil @Classic Brewing Co 👏👏

• Like 3

I have a trade background also although it sounds like I may have done it for a couple years less than most here 😅

I started a carpentry apprenticeship in residential building and after 2.5 years and 6 different employers (everyone was going bust as a result of the GFC and running out of work) I got an offer from a friends dad to move into commercial construction.

I was there for another 2.5 years before they signed me off (some bureaucratic mess about official time worked meant it took 5 years to do a 4 year apprenticeship).

Did another year as a leading hand and wasn’t getting the money I should’ve so left.

Another friends dad suggested positions open at the company he worked at and I ended up making the move there and going out of commercial construction into property maintenance for an aged care provider. At the time it was a lot more money for a lot less work and stress overall.

The role changed over the years and after 8 years has become a lot more computer “paperwork” and admin work and generally less on the tools repair work. Since the start I’ve also gotten married and had one kid with another about to arrive, and also started building a house however with these things going on the money at the current job just isn’t cutting it so on the hunt for the next thing! Who know what that may be though 😅

Its great reading the stores of everyone else on here and where they come from!

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome to read about everyone's careers, cheers for sharing, here's mine.

• After leaving School i was Employed by my Dad as a Rooftiler, did that for 10 years. I enjoyed the job, kept me very fit but after having 2 daughters it just wasn't paying enough For a family of 4. So the decision was to move from Whyalla S.A to Kalgoorlie W.A
  • Scored my first gig at Kambalda which was about 60km from Kalgoorlie as a Crusher Operator for Rapid crushing and screening. The Roster was ridiculous. i was working 8 days 5 nights 1 day off, then another 8 days on 5 days off and about 3 days off, then repeat that. (was supposed to get 7 days off but the turnover of people was insane, so we never got our full week off) had my 3rd daughter in Kalgoorlie and after 2 years we had enough of the roster. A job came up in the mines back in Whyalla, so i applied for it, they flew me back for an interview and when in the race with the other 70 candidates. I was lucky enough to get the position, they even paid to move us back.
  • I've been in this job (Crusher/Concentrator) Operator role for Onesteel/Arrium/Simec since 2007, 4 days, 4 nights then 8 off, love the roster which has enabled me to do my brewing gig on the side.  The job has also given me an abundance of tickets/licenses including several tickets in emergency response which gave me a cert 4 in Health care (Ambulance) and a few cert 2 and 3's.  Pays is also really good, which is really good as now i have 5 daughters, and now a granddaughter and soon to be a grandson haha
  • Three Chins Brewing is doing well too, currently in a couple of cafes on tap and just got into the Whyalla Airport in bottles. It's been a great journey so far and i'm only 43 🙂

Well, that's my story, thanks for listening.

Hoppy

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2024 at 2:29 PM, NBillett09 said:

I have a trade background also although it sounds like I may have done it for a couple years less than most here 😅

I started a carpentry apprenticeship in residential building and after 2.5 years and 6 different employers (everyone was going bust as a result of the GFC and running out of work) I got an offer from a friends dad to move into commercial construction.

I was there for another 2.5 years before they signed me off (some bureaucratic mess about official time worked meant it took 5 years to do a 4 year apprenticeship).

Did another year as a leading hand and wasn’t getting the money I should’ve so left.

Another friends dad suggested positions open at the company he worked at and I ended up making the move there and going out of commercial construction into property maintenance for an aged care provider. At the time it was a lot more money for a lot less work and stress overall.

The role changed over the years and after 8 years has become a lot more computer “paperwork” and admin work and generally less on the tools repair work. Since the start I’ve also gotten married and had one kid with another about to arrive, and also started building a house however with these things going on the money at the current job just isn’t cutting it so on the hunt for the next thing! Who know what that may be though 😅

Its great reading the stores of everyone else on here and where they come from!

Good work hangin in there and getting your apprenticeship finished  - clearly it provided a pathway for the years to come 👏

Congrats on your family and getting a home underway - I can appreciate you will be chasing better money with all of that goin on, but while financial security is important, I’m sure you will quickly work out, quality family time is supreme. 
So wishing you well with it all and know that it’s normal not to be able to have it all today, but dedication and diligence will get you there eventually 😉

Cheers to you and yours 🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

• After leaving School i was Employed by my Dad as a Rooftiler, did that for 10 years. I enjoyed the job, kept me very fit but after having 2 daughters it just wasn't paying enough For a family of 4. So the decision was to move from Whyalla S.A to Kalgoorlie W.A
  • Scored my first gig at Kambalda which was about 60km from Kalgoorlie as a Crusher Operator for Rapid crushing and screening. The Roster was ridiculous. i was working 8 days 5 nights 1 day off, then another 8 days on 5 days off and about 3 days off, then repeat that. (was supposed to get 7 days off but the turnover of people was insane, so we never got our full week off) had my 3rd daughter in Kalgoorlie and after 2 years we had enough of the roster. A job came up in the mines back in Whyalla, so i applied for it, they flew me back for an interview and when in the race with the other 70 candidates. I was lucky enough to get the position, they even paid to move us back.
  • I've been in this job (Crusher/Concentrator) Operator role for Onesteel/Arrium/Simec since 2007, 4 days, 4 nights then 8 off, love the roster which has enabled me to do my brewing gig on the side.  The job has also given me an abundance of tickets/licenses including several tickets in emergency response which gave me a cert 4 in Health care (Ambulance) and a few cert 2 and 3's.  Pays is also really good, which is really good as now i have 5 daughters, and now a granddaughter and soon to be a grandson haha
  • Three Chins Brewing is doing well too, currently in a couple of cafes on tap and just got into the Whyalla Airport in bottles. It's been a great journey so far and i'm only 43 🙂

Hoppy

WOOHOO GO @Hoppy81

What a history cobber - Working in Kambalda for anyone I reckon deserves a medal, but to work for Rapid Crushing and Screening on top of that, mate you deserve a knighthood 😉😂🤦‍♂️

I reckon we might have some common work acquaintances especially from your Onesteel/Arrium days in Whyalla. 
However, I’m mostly impressed with your start up of Three Chins Brewing and doing that on top of holding down your mining gig - really good for you. That should provide a great launching point for you when you’re had enough of that control room rattle capper 😉

Really enjoyed reading your history cobber - thanks for sharing 👏

Cheers to cold beers and the continued success of Three Chins Brewing eh 🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Hoppy

A 2 x granddad at 43!! That's awesome. I'm a bit jealous. I'm 57 and still waiting for my first. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

A 2 x granddad at 43!! That's awesome. I'm a bit jealous. I'm 57 and still waiting for my first. 

Yep, can relate to that @Beerdo@Malter White and I are also late starters 😉 😂

I personally was 54 before our first grandson arrived from our daughter - and we're still waitin' for our only son to get a partner and he'll be 38 this year - SHEEZ !!🤷‍♂️ Its enough ta drive one ta drink I reckon 😋 🍺 🍺

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Hoppy

Good story Hoppy, may you continue to prosper, Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Triple B Brewing said:

WOOHOO GO @Hoppy81

What a history cobber - Working in Kambalda for anyone I reckon deserves a medal, but to work for Rapid Crushing and Screening on top of that, mate you deserve a knighthood 😉😂🤦‍♂️

I reckon we might have some common work acquaintances especially from your Onesteel/Arrium days in Whyalla. 
However, I’m mostly impressed with your start up of Three Chins Brewing and doing that on top of holding down your mining gig - really good for you. That should provide a great launching point for you when you’re had enough of that control room rattle capper 😉

Really enjoyed reading your history cobber - thanks for sharing 👏

Cheers to cold beers and the continued success of Three Chins Brewing eh 🍺🍺🍺🍺

Thanks mate.

Rapid Crushing were quite average, and the turnover of personnel was insane, every other week we had someone leave and a week later we had a new starter.

We probably know quite a few common people, we don't hold on to senior team members very well., probably went West where you were.

The plan with Three Chins, is to build it up big enough for me to leave this place at a decent age semi-retired and have enough in sales to see me through to retirement.

1 hour ago, Beerdo said:

Yeah hahaha, i was 21, Wife was 20 when we had our first, our daughter is following in our footsteps. It's pretty cool having grandkids at this age, especially when our youngest are 9 and 7 and the granddaughter is 2 in May, young Aunties but watching them all play together is priceless.

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good story Hoppy, may you continue to prosper, Cheers.

Thanks Phil

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

senior team members very well., probably went West where you were

I was thinking more along the lines of the personnel we sent over from the west when we (BGC Contracting) won the tender - I think that was at the end of Onesteel and the start up of Arrium.  Maybe people like: Chris Rugg, Anthony Edgecumbe, Russell Pyman, Rob Stevenson, Marty Winch-Buist, Liz Sheehan, Mike Gear or Tariro Ruwiza to name just a few ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple B Brewing said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the personnel we sent over from the west when we (BGC Contracting) won the tender - I think that was at the end of Onesteel and the start up of Arrium.  Maybe people like: Chris Rugg, Anthony Edgecumbe, Russell Pyman, Rob Stevenson, Marty Winch-Buist, Liz Sheehan, Mike Gear or Tariro Ruwiza to name just a few ?

Ah ok, names don't ring a bell but unless they were with fix plant (dump trucks) we don't really mingle with the staff.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Ah ok, names don't ring a bell but unless they were with fix plant (dump trucks) we don't really mingle with the staff.

Arrr yep, that makes sense - Those listed were mostly in H&S, training or Project Manager types 😉 - all good 🍺 🍺

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

especially when our youngest are 9 and 7 and the granddaughter is 2 in May, young Aunties but watching them all play together is priceless.

My mum is one of 14 siblings, so they were all born over a couple of decades. Mum's youngest brother and sister became an uncle and aunty before they were even born.  🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beerdo said:

My mum is one of 14 siblings, so they were all born over a couple of decades. Mum's youngest brother and sister became an uncle and aunty before they were even born.  🙂 

Wow, that would make for some interesting conversations, awesome.

• Like 1